Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.12
but in this case you have to store your complete music library on the iOS device, right ? Maybe if Apple offers an iPad with 1TB in 10 years...
At home AIR still does not work. no progress for me
From time to time the Air icon goes black for a second and then turns gray again, I'll have to reinstall the firmware 12.2.6, no progress, it's hopeless.
(06-May-2018, 13:57)Vivialet Wrote: but in this case you have to store your complete music library on the iOS device, right ? Maybe if Apple offers an iPad with 1TB in 10 years...

256GB is enough for more or less 400 albums. Good enough for favorites ones. Any way I rarely listen from IOS despite superior quality. It is far from convenient.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(06-May-2018, 14:12)bertrandadsl Wrote: At home AIR still does not work. no progress for me
From time to time the Air icon goes black for a second and then turns gray again, I'll have to reinstall the firmware 12.2.6, no progress, it's hopeless.

as AIR is working fine for me and at least 3 friends now (with Roon) I think it could be some problem with your network or PC.
Try Roon (14 day testphase) as this is definitly working. The same firmware is not working on some devices and not on others.
Or your CI board is defective.
I use a Mac mini and Audirvana, I think that is not a software issue but a problem of firmware, Air worked pretty much art home with the firmware 12.2.6
Roon users who are using WIFI rather than ethernet on the Devialet side, and finding Roon downsampling and/or going to fixed output mode, I would suggest contacting Roon in regards to this item. It may be something that can be redressed on the Roon side now that the CI board which I believe offers a higher quality WIFI board is now available.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I think the guys from Roon know what they are doing. The Devialet driver will certainly do the same.
(06-May-2018, 19:36)baddog Wrote: Roon users who are using WIFI rather than ethernet on the Devialet side, and finding Roon downsampling and/or going to fixed output mode, I would suggest contacting Roon in regards to this item. It may be something that can be redressed on the Roon side now that the CI board which I believe offers a higher quality WIFI board is now available.

I have contacted Roon and they said that they cannot do anything to this. Only Devialet can fix this.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
I'm getting nothing but white noise on dsd with AIR and fixed ip Ethernet. 192/24 works fine which is a first with AIR and CI for me. I have posted a ticket of this to Devialet.

Does anyone get Spotify connect to work when Ethernet is turned on in the configurator? Works great for me but only when Ethernet is turned off.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
I can confirm that I am also getting white noise on DSD via AIR (Ethernet), 24/192 is working fine.