Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 12.2.12
Spotify Connect works on Ethernet very well since Beta10.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(06-May-2018, 21:23)frejo Wrote: I'm getting nothing but white noise on dsd with AIR and fixed ip Ethernet. 192/24 works fine which is a first with AIR and CI for me. I have posted a ticket of this to Devialet.

Does anyone get Spotify connect to work when Ethernet is turned on in the configurator? Works great for me but only when Ethernet is turned off.

Spotify Connect solution:
Problem is DNS and fix ip with other network like 192.168.0.xxx
Devialet has new web api configuration ( try in webbrowser ip your expert ) with menu 4, ethernet, Gateway, DNS but i dont know how is work, and what is true after reset - SDcard or webmenu.
Please use DHCP and Spotify Connect works.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...14-May-4th Is now open for comments
(07-May-2018, 17:46)markush Wrote: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...14-May-4th Is now open for comments

Having uploaded the new firmware, I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to get my 440 Pro working again. Finally having successfully seen all the confirmations that everything has loaded correctly, I have now lost Air, Spotify and my ethernet connection and have requested help from Devialet support. In another thread which I contributed to, there was a discussion about how bad the Nativ Vita software was. When the unit was originally released it was full of bugs, but to their credit, they have actually fixed them. Devialet is the opposite and seem to be going backwards. Its pretty poor in my opinion for a system costing this amount of money. 

I work in the music industry and if any manufacturer supplied equipment with the level of software issues Devialet have, they would be out of business. To still have the amount of software bugs this far into the existence of the Core is mind boggling and shows they don't have the right people in their software design development department.
(07-May-2018, 18:12)SteveI Wrote:
(07-May-2018, 17:46)markush Wrote: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...14-May-4th Is now open for comments

To still have the amount of software bugs this far into the existence of the Core is mind boggling and shows they don't have the right people in their software design development department.

It sure does. As one of the very enthusiastic and pro-Devialet chaps says over on the Devialet support comments, “I’m so happy with this (7th?) beta iteration as to call it practically an Alpha version” Big Grin Tongue Blush Angel
(Ok I’m paraphrasing from memory for a bit of fun but.... we all know it’s true).

Damn, maybe I’m never going to get a CI upgrade. They might actually have gone out of business before they get it all delivered as advertised and bug free.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(07-May-2018, 18:12)SteveI Wrote:

Having uploaded the new firmware, I've just spent the last 2 hours trying to get my 440 Pro working again. Finally having successfully seen all the confirmations that everything has loaded correctly, I have now lost Air, Spotify and my ethernet connection and have requested help from Devialet support. In another thread which I contributed to, there was a discussion about how bad the Nativ Vita software was. When the unit was originally released it was full of bugs, but to their credit, they have actually fixed them. Devialet is the opposite and seem to be going backwards. Its pretty poor in my opinion for a system costing this amount of money. 

I work in the music industry and if any manufacturer supplied equipment with the level of software issues Devialet have, they would be out of business. To still have the amount of software bugs this far into the existence of the Core is mind boggling and shows they don't have the right people in their software design development department.

I think everything is a subjective view...

My Devialet is working nearly without problems, AIR, Spotify, UPnP, everything works.

My NATIV was not able to play music without bugs for ten minutes, and I had to wait a few minutes before it was able to start a song...

I wrote a lot of emails and „worked as a beta tester“ for the Nativ guys for a few weeks. They gave me different os versions (betas, than back to older versions, again betas ...) nothing was really nearly to a working os.

For me the comparison is outlandish.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
@Hifi_swlon, you have Roon. Get the CI update and enjoy the improved SQ. For me it is now working good enough so that I can easily wait for the last bugs to be fixed.
(06-May-2018, 19:54)Vivialet Wrote: I think the guys from Roon know what they are doing. The Devialet driver will certainly do the same.

I am sure the folks at Roon know what they are doing too. The reason I mentioned this, and it would appear from the replies it is not a Roon issue, is because of how DSD64 files are handled when using Wifi versus a direct ethernet connection on the Devialet (this dates back prior to CI upgrade) when using Roon with its built-in AIR support.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Saturday I upgraded my D220 from beta12 to beta14.
After the upgrade AIR was not working anymore.
Installing other FW versions did not solve the problems.

Yesterday I send an email to Devialet to report the issues and ask for advice.
This morning Mathieu from Devialet mailed me.
"..... DOS can be sensitive to the controller inside the sdcard used during the upgrade. I advice to reattempt an upgrade using another sdcard.
Upgrading DOS should last between 2'30 and 5'00 minutes, no more. ...."

It worked. By using another sdcard upgrading went smooth and most issues were solved.

One issue I still have is the amp running at high temperature. The D220 warms up to 51 °C without playing.
My D200 operated at significant lower temperature, max ~ 42°C.

Is operating temperature of D220 higher than D200? I think 51 °C is pretty hot.

Any ideas on the subject?

Thanks, 
Simon

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
(06-May-2018, 14:12)bertrandadsl Wrote: At home AIR still does not work. no progress for me
From time to time the Air icon goes black for a second and then turns gray again, I'll have to reinstall the firmware 12.2.6, no progress, it's hopeless.

SAME SAME ,was getting my dev back today

But did get it working now with AIR 3.0.2 release candidate  after hours of trying,and did deleted and reinstalled air

Then i edited last config file ,then just saved ,back into Dev and uploaded and Air it works now with setting zone to Expert 250 Pro Eth in roon ,hmmmm what a circus

Dont know if that was the trick but i dont change again.it works 

I have used my dev seamless since the D Premiere via ethernet cable ,but did get gray hair with this super duper upgrade
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"