Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
hmm

They did not even bother to create an interface into the EQ settings?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(06-Oct-2020, 16:00)agentsmith Wrote: hmm

They did not even bother to create an interface into the EQ settings?

Yes, fully manual by editing text file by hand. 
Mind you I think I prefer doing this that relying on a buggy app...

At the end of the FAQ page (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...0016719679), there's a link to a ZIP with 4 examples including screenshots: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ackage.zip

I find it useful, example: 
Code:
// Name for this EQ configuration
"NAME":"LEVEL1",

// Simple 6dB cut @ 100 Hz on both channels
// syntax:"EQ_x_L":[Frequency, dB_gain, Q_factor] for left channel
// syntax:"EQ_x_R":[Frequency, dB_gain, Q_factor] for right channel
"EQ_1_L":[100.0, -6.0, 10.0],
"EQ_1_R":[100.0, -6.0, 10.0],
I won't have a chance to download this update until probably this weekend. Has anyone had a chance to try it while playing hi-res music via Roon RAAT on a gigabit ethernet connection? Their release notes state "improvements in Roon Ready..." and do not explicitly state a solution to this bug. I will certainly test once I get a chance.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
The room correction feature is a very nice and pleasant surprise. I think it's a good and reasonable solution, since it functionally does the room correction and they were able to release it within a reasonable amount of time. People can take measurements and do filter design for example in REW. No longer we need to contact customer support each time we want to apply some custom EQ like room correction. It is much easier and faster to do it by ourselves now. Of course, it could be enhanced in the future by making a nice user interface for it.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Wow, was not really expecting this, finally room EQ.

I know the txt file looks clunky to a lot of people, but the good news is a community produced tool to take output from REW and create the correct file should be simple to produce.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(06-Oct-2020, 16:44)petrik Wrote: The room correction feature is a very nice and pleasant surprise. I think it's a good and reasonable solution, since it functionally does the room correction and they were able to release it within a reasonable amount of time. People can take measurements and do filter design for example in REW. No longer we need to contact customer support each time we want to apply some custom EQ like room correction. It is much easier and faster to do it by ourselves now. Of course, it could be enhanced in the future by making a nice user interface for it.

I agree here. This is a very nice feature. Simply edit a file (eq.txt) with the EQ values and put it on the SD card. No user interface so only useful for those that know what they are doing Smile Proper hardcore!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(06-Oct-2020, 18:07)Soniclife Wrote: Wow, was not really expecting this, finally room EQ.

I know the txt file looks clunky to a lot of people, but the good news is a community produced tool to take output from REW and create the correct file should be simple to produce.
Gee, text editing is so 1970s!  I would have preferred something like Dirac Live for a more user-friendly solution.  The more technically astute people probably don't care and value the different options.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(06-Oct-2020, 18:21)ogs Wrote: No user interface so only useful for those that know what they are doing Smile Proper hardcore!
This is for Pro Experts only, not mere amateur experts.
(06-Oct-2020, 18:23)Flashman Wrote:
(06-Oct-2020, 18:07)Soniclife Wrote: Wow, was not really expecting this, finally room EQ.

Gee, text editing is so 1970s!  I would have preferred something like Dirac Live for a more user-friendly solution.  The more technically astute people probably don't care and value the different options.
I don't see how they could have done this, without a collaboration with a company like Dirac, it's a large undertaking, it would require a lot of software development, do you really want that? This is a huge leap forward, but it will require a lot of community support for some people.
(06-Oct-2020, 18:23)Flashman Wrote:

Most Linux users will be very comfortable editing config files. Lots of that in 2020 too.. A UI on top of this would probably introduce bugs, but @Soniclife 's idea of a REW driven creation of the file is very good.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB