Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
(06-Oct-2020, 20:34)ada Wrote: Safari, Chrome, Firefox in 3 different computers, 1 tablet, 1 phone: EDIT button doesn't work on any of them (actually there is an exception in the Developer console of the browser, basically the configurator is broken when you use the EDIT function. It can't be on my side if they didn't serve me a special website.) Is there any one can use the EDIT function properly?

For what it’s worth, I can edit my configurations hitting the edit button on my iPad, so the problem seems a bit more complex than just a broken configurator. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I have just checked before I published the previous post and it failed in all Smile Now, EDIT works on all of them. Thanks Jean-Marie, all kudos to you Big Grin
No problems here with the update. Configurator works fine. My main issue that when using RAAT and no DSP the first part of a track is not played is not solved. Annoying. Well, looking forward to the next update in a year.
I don't understand that Devialet actually received their Roon Ready certification. Not a very thorough process.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/first-p.../110441/26
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(06-Oct-2020, 20:47)ada Wrote: I have just checked before I published the previous post and it failed in all Smile Now, EDIT works on all of them. Thanks Jean-Marie, all kudos to you Big Grin

I don't deserve any credits... I did not do anything Angel ... unless there would be some magic happening which would make me more worried and puzzled than anything else. Cool

But I'm glad it works for you now.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(06-Oct-2020, 20:47)ada Wrote: I have just checked before I published the previous post and it failed in all Smile Now, EDIT works on all of them. Thanks Jean-Marie, all kudos to you Big Grin
@ada 

How do you manage the remote? Right button is supposed to Toggle on/off the room correction but it is used by something else in the "original" config file.
Once you are using Room correction, the right button assigned task in the config file is not working anymore?
You put the eq.txt next to the config file on the SD card?

thanks
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
When you add the "REMOTE", line to the eq.txt, right button is loosing all the original capabilities, it is becoming a toggle for the Sweet room DSP.

It would be really nice to see this toggle in the list view we have for the SAM, DPM, ICM, Subsonic etc but for the time being it is not possible.

Here are the steps I do for the EQ preparation:
1. With REW and UMIK-1 mic, I measured the left and right channels
2. I applied the EQ with the EQ type: DCX2496 (by default it is 9 bands, perfectly fits for our use case)
3. I set the target curve, frequency range, Max individual and overall gain config and run the REW filter creation
4. I extracted the filters (left and right separately) as text files
5. I have applied the same FREQ, GAIN and Q from the reference files to Devialet's eq.txt
6. I just placed the eq.txt to the root folder of the SD CARD and it automatically applies the EQ for all the inputs.

It is promising but as I am a Dirac Live customer, the room correction I have achieved with the 9 bands EQ of Devialet is a mediocre for the time being. I will keep playing more.
[mention]ada [/mention]

Thanks. This what I guessed. I use both remote buttons from time to time (Mute and Pre-Out) so I will have to change my configuration so that the right button is not used for something important.

Thanks for your detailed explanation regarding the set-up.
In step 6 you place the file next to the configuration file on SD card?
Also how do you switch to the second set of data (alternate), with the remote same button? Main/alternate/off?

Even if it will probably never achieve as sophisticated room correction as dedicated software like Dirac, this is a fantastic achievement and I am sure most of the users will be very satisfied as they have nothing at the moment. Huge step for me for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(06-Oct-2020, 16:16)ewaucq Wrote:
(06-Oct-2020, 16:00)agentsmith Wrote: hmm

They did not even bother to create an interface into the EQ settings?

Yes, fully manual by editing text file by hand. 
Mind you I think I prefer doing this that relying on a buggy app...

At the end of the FAQ page (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...0016719679), there's a link to a ZIP with 4 examples including screenshots: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...ackage.zip

I find it useful, example: 
Code:
// Name for this EQ configuration
"NAME":"LEVEL1",

// Simple 6dB cut @ 100 Hz on both channels
// syntax:"EQ_x_L":[Frequency, dB_gain, Q_factor] for left channel
// syntax:"EQ_x_R":[Frequency, dB_gain, Q_factor] for right channel
"EQ_1_L":[100.0, -6.0, 10.0],
"EQ_1_R":[100.0, -6.0, 10.0],

Funny just a couple of weeks ago I got tired waiting for a sign of life from Devialet HQ and changed from D440 to a Kondo amp fronted by the Weiss DAC502 DAC.

The Weiss shows exactly what I have been saying is wrong with the half finished configurator, which is the inability to access the configuration and controlling from a computer via a web browser or an app.

Weiss also has the "Room EQ" function where you can adjust the frequency, gain and Q factor *on the fly*, amongst other things like changing sources and a bunch of DSP functions.

Not able to adjust the settings on the fly means someone would have to turn their units off, take out the SD card to edit from a computer, reinsert, hold your breath and hope it does not crap out.

One would think this function of access from browser should be trivial since it is already network accessible, all it takes is a tiny web server installed in the unit.  I am puzzled why Devialet HQ is so attached to the unreliable SD cards.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Happy to report that with the new firmware, the old iPhone app still works (Unless , of course, you updated your iPhone)

Also playing some ultra high frequency stuff that nobody can hear over RAAT and it hasn't dropped out yet.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Well from my perspective the update is really great to see this. I started with the D-Premier and have been on the journey since my original purchase in 2010 (or was it 2011?), with every hardware upgrade and every software update. There have been one or two bumps in the road (Devialet were always very reponsive to me when these happened) but I cant think of many manufacturers who have supported a product for 10 years!!! Just think back to what else was available then and all the iterations of products since then. My cost of ownership for such a high end product has actually been relatively low - before the Devialet I was swapping components every 2-3 years, which is a very expensive game. Sure there could have been more in the update (e.g. Bluetooth) - there is always more - but at least from this customer I remain very happy with this great product! Shy