Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 13.2.0 - DOS 2.2.6 for Expert Pro - Release note
(06-Oct-2020, 15:58)alphafox Wrote: Hello,

I installed the new firmware on my 220 and everything was fine until I decided to use my latest configuration.

As I could not download it from the configurator, I decided to use the previous dp_cfg.txt file I had. Well, since then, playback is not possible (tested with Roon and Spotify).

I'll try to create a new config file from scratch (it seems possible) and test it. Otherwise, I'll have to revert to the previous software version...

Best regards,

Arnaud

I have not installed the update myself yet, but have anyone else also experienced this issue?
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
I am not having any issue for the time being with my old config but yes, there is no way to modify the configs. If you have any trouble, you should avoid the update and wait for a fix in the configurator.

BTW, I found something promising, I checked the possible REW EQ profiles and DCX2496 is applying 9 band parametric EQ. Now, I generated my room correction and will apply it with the exact FREQ|GAIN|Q numbers to Devialet. Let's see what is gonna happen.

If this works properly, I will try to write a script to generate the EQ.txt automatically and will share with the forum.

PLEASE DO NOT USE THE VALUES YOU SEE IN THE IMAGES, THEY ARE FOR MY ROOM, COULD DAMAGE YOUR SYSTEM!
I installed the new update and created/downloaded/installed a fresh config. Both went without any problems.

Steps taken:
- download the firmware update and extract it
- power down the dev and remove the power chord
- switch the SD card from the dev to the pc
- remove the config (copy it to the PC ) so the SD card is empty
- copy all the firmware files to the root directory of the SD
- put the SD back in the dev
- power up and let the dev install the firmware until you get the msg 'press front button'
- after cycling, power down, remove SD
- either create and download a fresh config or copy the 'old' config back to the sd
NOTE: I was able to create a fresh config on the website and download it to the PC
- re-insert the SD into the Dev and power up

I had zero problems with the above approach.
"I am not having any issue for the time being with my old config but yes, there is no way to modify the configs. If you have any trouble, you should avoid the update and wait for a fix in the configurator"

What do you mean, is it not possible to make a new config file? As far as I can see, that is still possible...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
(06-Oct-2020, 19:27)haber Wrote: "I am not having any issue for the time being with my old config but yes, there is no way to modify the configs. If you have any trouble, you should avoid the update and wait for a fix in the configurator"

What do you mean, is it not possible to make a new config file? As far as I can see, that is still possible...

Your mileage may vary. I was able to make a new config file without any issues. That was 6 hours ago or so, on the devialet website, logged in to my own account.
Just for a laugh, I did it again just now and created a new config with a new name.
My SAM profile wasn't applied when I created a new config in the morning, for me edit function doesn't work for existing configs too. I can't create a new config until a fix is released by D.
Well, I did the update, and used my old config file. Everything works just fine. At first it showed up as Roon uncertified, but I restarted my Roon Core, and then it was back to Roon Ready status again.
(06-Oct-2020, 19:53)ada Wrote: My SAM profile wasn't applied when I created a new config in the morning, for me edit function doesn't work for existing configs too. I can't create a new config until a fix is released by D.

Did you try a different browser?
Also, clear browser cache, and then try again.
Are you sure that makes sense to use the new FW without all the measures needed to apply the room correction?
After that we need to do all again.
ThereĀ“s a noticeable change in the SQ, after installing the new FW?
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Safari, Chrome, Firefox in 3 different computers, 1 tablet, 1 phone: EDIT button doesn't work on any of them (actually there is an exception in the Developer console of the browser, basically the configurator is broken when you use the EDIT function. It can't be on my side if they didn't serve me a special website.) Is there any one can use the EDIT function properly?