Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 8.0
SAM2 doesn't sound like full-range SAM from the description ("SAM is now able to model the most complex speakers, even those with passive radiators.").
The DSD sounds great. Listening to Roy Haynes "Snap Crackle" and Oliver Nelson "Stolen Kisses".
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

I hope for the second. My speakers were at Devialet HQ a year or so ago, but they couldnt make a SAM profile at that time. I expect it will now be possible due to some adjustments. Would be great!
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
How does the SQ compare to 7.1.3?
(13-May-2015, 18:35)AaronG Wrote: The DSD sounds great. Listening to Roy Haynes "Snap Crackle" and Oliver Nelson "Stolen Kisses".

I'm wondering how DSD was implemented. With SAM and volume control happening in the digital domain it doesn't seem like the Devialet could support DSD unless it's converted to PCM. I'd like to hear the technical details about this.
It's converted to PCM. The DSD files are a lot quieter than the FLAC files.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Exciting. If it all works flawlessly then that would be great and along with a bug free new Configurator this would be the best treat to all loyal D owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Any comments on sound quality from the early adapters? Is it a keeper?
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(13-May-2015, 19:08)DJ 04 Wrote:
(13-May-2015, 18:35)AaronG Wrote: The DSD sounds great. Listening to Roy Haynes "Snap Crackle" and Oliver Nelson "Stolen Kisses".

I'm wondering how DSD was implemented. With SAM and volume control happening in the digital domain it doesn't seem like the Devialet could support DSD unless it's converted to PCM. I'd like to hear the technical details about this.
"MAT, Minimal Arithmetic Transform: DSD Engine
DSD64 (DSD 1x) is now supported on USB and every high speed PCM digital input, through DoP v1.0 (DSD over PCM)." For those that don't know the DSD file is "wrapped" so that it appears to be a PCM file, it is then transmitted finally at the Devialet the "wrapper" is removed and the DSD file is supposed to be played directly. HOWEVER, some devices then convert the DSD file to PCM.

DoP which is good enough for me. I have to save a bit more but a D200 is finally on my list.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(13-May-2015, 15:49)Jnan_devi Wrote: Excellent !. The website also looks cool! Thanks for posting this one!

RAM, Record Active Matching: your vinyl records at their best
MAT, Minimal Arithmetic Transform: DSD Engine
ICM Intelligent Cinema Mode
DPM Dynamic Power Management
SAM V2, Speaker Active Matching

More TLAs than you can shake a stick at! Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK