Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 8.0
AaronG is our guinea pig.  Big Grin
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Loaded 8.0 in a card without config file so it says "FACTORY CONFIG". Audirvana passes DSD over PCM just fine on USB.

Lately, v 7.1.3 was very much treble-depressed after several hours playing (when I am in Oslo, I use it from 7:30 to 01:00 !), so much so that I always looked at the tone controls to check if I had pushed them down inadvertently, and disconnect the subwoofer. Now it does not happen anymore (but I won't wait another three or four hours to check it it comes back again!)

I'll check some more before coming to bed.
Oslo: sources: Mac Mini/Itunes/Audirvana,  glassfiber toslink/Mapleshade clearview USB to D200;
Double helix to Gallo Strada 2 with mapleshade stands, TR3 subwoofer.

Spain: Oppo 95 vacuumstate modded, Kimber select 1021, Linn Classik Movie Di to Gallo Solos through Goertz Python cable

(13-May-2015, 22:51)AaronG Wrote:
(13-May-2015, 22:43)ErikM Wrote: I have another question maybe someone smarter than me knows :-)   If I download DSD files from say Acoustic Sounds they are in .DSF  format is there anything i need to do in order for my 200 to play them?  I'll be using my Aries which supports .DSF files

I'm playing files downloaded from Acoustic Sounds right now. You don't need to do anything.

What do you use to play the DSD files?  JRiver? Some other player?
WooHoo, I've got it playing DSD from my Aries.. sounds amazing!! I couldn't get my old config file to load but that's cool I can wait on that until tomorrow. Only thing that's a pita with the DSD files is editing metadata.. I'm not used to using mp3tag so a bit of a learning curve there.. I like to know what version of something I'm playing (and I also keep my hires and rebook files in separate folders on the Nas so my Sonos doesn't index them) ...So I always append the files to notate if they are hires or not.. I usually use XLD but it won't edit DSD files..
J.River will play DSD files..you can use AIR if you don't use another renderer
Devialet site is up and runing now.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Lots of new options in the configurator.
Under Phono you can now select your brand and model cartridge, also other RIAA options
The ICM option is programmed under a button of the remote.

The firmware download button in My Maison doesn't seem to workm though...
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I'm going there now!

/M
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
8.0 up and runing with the new config, the possibility to adjust the phono input on the fly when your listening is very nice. Only listened for a little while but the first impression is good.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Firmware download indeed does not work. Downloaded the firmware from the link in the first post and created a new config file. Upgraded. After reboot only left channel works. I'll do some more testing...

Update: With SAM off I have both channels. SAM on only the left on.... not funny at all actually ;-)
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands