Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware 9.0.1
(24-Dec-2015, 23:14)moreno1973 Wrote: IMO great soundstage plus more musicality in the mids and highs is offering 7.1.3 comparing to 8.1.3

I bought my Devialet when 8.1.3 was released, so never heard 7.1.3.
You made me curious now. I will try that firmware later this week.
Thanks for the tip!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(25-Dec-2015, 06:05)Rodney Gold Wrote: Why not use Roon as a front end , superior to anything else out there..

Hello, I got a very simple setup. External hard disc connected to my MacBook (snow leopard) then USB connect to D200 playing with iTunes. Air did not work out for me. So how can I use Roon? What is SBT and Dirac..... In your setup? Interested!
(25-Dec-2015, 10:52)G51 Wrote:
(25-Dec-2015, 06:05)Rodney Gold Wrote: Why not use Roon as a front end , superior to anything else out there..

Hello, I got a very simple setup. External hard disc connected to my MacBook (snow leopard) then USB connect to D200 playing with iTunes. Air did not work out for me. So how can I use Roon? What is SBT and Dirac..... In your setup? Interested!

Roon is a fantastic front end .. google "roon review" to see what it does and what folk say, it integrates with tidal fantastically..it sees  air or any other device you have that can output music and sees anything that can store music , like a nas or local hard drive etc
.. it will kill itunes and any other musical interface.. you run it on your mac and just point it to the devialets usb. You can use an ipad or your mac to control it .. 14 day trial... try it .. its a music lovers wet dream.. Smile

SBT is a squeezebox touch .. I point roon at it and send digital to it wirelessly , its basically a receiver instead of having my computer attached to the devialet. 

Dirac is a room correction device or program - I use it in a hardware format * a mindsp ddrc 22*  and connect it to the devialet , it improves the sound dramatically as it corrects for bass nodes , channel imbalance and freq and impulse response at your sitting position.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(25-Dec-2015, 15:24)KRodney Gold Wrote:
(25-Dec-2015, 10:52)G51 Wrote:

Roon is a fantastic front end .. google "roon review" to see what it does and what folk say, it integrates with tidal fantastically..it sees  air or any other device you have that can output music and sees anything that can store music , like a nas or local hard drive etc
.. it will kill itunes and any other musical interface.. you run it on your mac and just point it to the devialets usb. You can use an ipad or your mac to control it .. 14 day trial... try it .. its a music lovers wet dream.. Smile

SBT is a squeezebox touch .. I point roon at it and send digital to it wirelessly , its basically a receiver instead of having my computer attached to the devialet. 

Dirac is a room correction device or program - I use it in a hardware format * a mindsp ddrc 22*  and connect it to the devialet , it improves the sound dramatically as it corrects for bass nodes , channel imbalance and freq and impulse response at your sitting position.
Hello, you must be a Roon lifetime member. So Roon is like iTunes but with better implementation. Better SQ than iTunes?
I took lifetime membership..
Its like itunes but a whole lot better..sq is not an issue at all , it is bit perfect till your dac/devialet
Just read any review of Roon , once you go roon , you dont go back...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(25-Dec-2015, 16:27)Rodney Gold Wrote: I took lifetime membership..
Its like itunes but a whole lot better..sq is not an issue at all , it is bit perfect till your dac/devialet
Just read any review of Roon , once you go roon , you dont go back...

Thanks!  And do you find isolation accessories and power cable important for Devialet? Sorry, a little bit off topic.
This version sounds good with lms Smile al in al quite happy
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(25-Dec-2015, 16:32)G51 Wrote: Thanks!  And do you find isolation accessories and power cable important for Devialet? Sorry, a little bit off topic

I use an isolation table under my devialet..makes no difference to sound ..looks nice tho

My room is fed off a 5kw pure sine wave converter .. from battery banks.. so I dont bother with power chords.

Back on topic

I have a D premier and am up to date with FW 8.xxx , not tried 9 .. but it seems to me that I do not go thru changing SQ dependant on FW. They all pretty much sound the same on my system. Whats cool is that here are still little easter eggs for me with the FW upgrades like added features.
(23-Dec-2015, 18:25)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(23-Dec-2015, 17:40)Floyd67 Wrote: Hi Guillaume, Devialet has removed the 8.1.3 download from the downloads area. I wonder if you could repost the link to share it on Google drive please. I think you uploaded there once before. Thanks and regards.

Hi - here's the official 8.1.3 release:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B37I6R9...sp=sharing

And here's the beta 8.1.3 release which came out just before the official one and arguably sounded a little better despite there being barely any logical difference !) :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B37I6R9...sp=sharing

You're a star. Many thanks and compliments of the season.
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.
(25-Dec-2015, 20:29)Rodney Gold Wrote:
(25-Dec-2015, 16:32)G51 Wrote: Thanks!  And do you find isolation accessories and power cable important for Devialet? Sorry, a little bit off topic

I use an isolation table under my devialet..makes no difference to sound ..looks nice tho

My room is fed off a 5kw pure sine wave converter .. from battery banks.. so I dont bother with power chords.

Back on topic

I have a D premier and am up to date with FW 8.xxx , not tried 9 .. but it seems to me that I do not go thru changing SQ dependant on FW. They all pretty much sound the same on my system. Whats cool is that here are still little easter eggs for me with the FW upgrades like added features.
Thanks.