Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fredrik's system.
So, how did it compare? Don't stop with that teaser... Wink
Haha I will come to that later have some things to think about here.... Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(17-Apr-2017, 18:02)octaviars Wrote: Haha I will come to that later have some things to think about here.... Smile

The Devialet vs everything else thread going to get some action?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(17-Apr-2017, 18:45)Dr Tone Wrote:
(17-Apr-2017, 18:02)octaviars Wrote: Haha I will come to that later have some things to think about here.... Smile

The Devialet vs everything else thread going to get some action?

Well I dont really know.....sometimes if you like something else than Devialet or find anything that sounds better and owns a Devialet all hell brake loose Big Grin  to me it is ok to try something other than a Devialet in my system and get som perspective to is it good is it bad is it different and without any strings attatched to buy the stuff I try.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Definitely looking forward to hearing about the Aavik when you get time. How long did you have it in your system - for just the day? Good to hear something different, I'm sure.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(17-Apr-2017, 19:28)octaviars Wrote: Well I dont really know.....sometimes if you like something else than Devialet or find anything that sounds better and owns a Devialet all hell brake loose Big Grin  to me it is ok to try something other than a Devialet in my system and get som perspective to is it good is it bad is it different and without any strings attatched to buy the stuff I try.

My 220Pro has been handed over to my dealer and I've refrained from replying to threads of owners indicating there's nothing better for under $70,000.  I think the owners can give you the same respect if you've found something you like as much or more.

Big Grin
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(17-Apr-2017, 19:51)thumb5 Wrote: Definitely looking forward to hearing about the Aavik when you get time.  How long did you have it in your system - for just the day?  Good to hear something different, I'm sure.

Well I only got it for the day so not that much time but time enough to come to some conclusions.

Second system

(17-Apr-2017, 20:14)octaviars Wrote:
(17-Apr-2017, 19:51)thumb5 Wrote: Definitely looking forward to hearing about the Aavik when you get time.  How long did you have it in your system - for just the day?  Good to hear something different, I'm sure.

Well I only got it for the day so not that much time but time enough to come to some conclusions.

Being?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Whilst the Aavik is a great unit it has been out for a while now (I first heard it at Munich in 2015) and I would be concerned that there might be an update coming round the corner. In particular there is no support for DSD or DXD which may be an issue for some particularly with all options offered by the likes of HQPlayer for upsampling and conversion. The newer C-300 pre amplifier offered by Aavik supports DSD X2 so this makes me wonder if the U-300 won't be updated soon.

With all that said the U-300 is an extremely capable and nicely designed machine. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(17-Apr-2017, 20:13)Dr Tone Wrote:
(17-Apr-2017, 19:28)octaviars Wrote: Well I dont really know.....sometimes if you like something else than Devialet or find anything that sounds better and owns a Devialet all hell brake loose Big Grin  to me it is ok to try something other than a Devialet in my system and get som perspective to is it good is it bad is it different and without any strings attatched to buy the stuff I try.

My 220Pro has been handed over to my dealer and I've refrained from replying to threads of owners indicating there's nothing better for under $70,000.  I think the owners can give you the same respect if you've found something you like as much or more.

Big Grin

I'm happy to learn from you.