Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Furutech FI-15(cu)
I have read many posts on this forum where people have said that the Furutech FI-15(cu) fits under the cover of the Devialet 200. This is true, however it is not a perfect fit. The cover lifts up a bit on the side of the IEC plug. This is very noticeable and does not make for a perfect look if that is what someone is after. I bought four IEC plugs two were FI-15e (cu) version and the other gold. I did use a Dremel to shave off some of the plug, and had some success but still not a perfect fit. In the end I went with silver plated Martin Kaiser IEC (£6.50) which are a real perfect fit for the Devialet. Have been looking at aftermarket powercords that would "fit" the Devialet. Some have suggested the Graditech Vioma 1 however this cable is also using the Furutech FI-15e IEC. Hence it only leads me to conclude that the back cover with the Graditech would lift up a bit. Experimenting with different cables I have concluded that they do make a significant difference in enhancing the sound of the Devialet. The best results are with lower gauge thick wires, however these require big IEC plugs. So if you want the best sound the back cover has to come off, making it look rather ugly in my opinion. In the end it's a compromise between aesthetics and sound, a choice I wished I did not have to make.
Perhaps try one these, the Shunyata Z-PC10. They come with the Schurter by default: http://www.shunyata.com/index.php/produc...c10-detail
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Ansuz power cables you can order with plug fitting the Devialet
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies
(21-Aug-2016, 22:25)Antoine Wrote: Perhaps try one these, the Shunyata Z-PC10. They come with the Schurter by default: http://www.shunyata.com/index.php/produc...c10-detail

I have tried the Schurter IEC and unfortunately it is a loose fit on the Devialet 200. But the plus side of the Schurter IEC plug is that it will take a lower gauge wire than the Martin Kaiser. On my Devialet 200 I am currently using a Schurter IEC with a small support at the back to hold it in place securely. As for the Shunyata Z-PC10 they are a bit out of my budget but thanks for the suggestion.

Just to add:For my D400 I am using the Martin Kaiser IEC
I also tried Martin Kaiser but that had a very loose fit in the IEC, I think the ones that is split in half all the way to the front when you connect the cable is more flimsy.

Ansuz can mount a smaler IEC on the POM series but that is the only oneseries that it is possible on (I have POM today with the regular IEC and talked to them about changing the IEC on their cables). Cabledyne also sells a powercable with the Furutech FI-15E just for Devialet.

I also have tried the FI-15E (gold) and my cover is flush no lift on that side were the IEC is.

This is the Furutech I have just so we talk about the same one.

[Image: fi-15e.jpg]
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Photo 
I use AET PSE-320 IEC from Japan for my D400. It fits perfectly under the cover.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

FFYX turntable Soundsmith Boheme Cartridge
Rockna Wavedream Net CD / File player
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

(22-Aug-2016, 16:05)You octaviars Wrote: I also tried Martin Kaiser but that had a very loose fit in the IEC, I think the ones that is split in half all the way to the front when you connect the cable is more flimsy.

Ansuz can mount a smaler IEC on the POM series but that is the only oneseries that it is possible on (I have POM today with the regular IEC and talked to them about changing the IEC on their cables). Cabledyne also sells a powercable with the Furutech FI-15E just for Devialet.

I also have tried the FI-15E (gold) and my cover is flush no lift on that side were the IEC is.

This is the Furutech I have just so we talk about the same one.

[Image: fi-15e.jpg]

If you find the Martin Kaiser IEC loose then open the plug and with a needle nose pliers just squeeze the contacts slightly. Don't over do it as the plug will acquire a death grip :-). I ordered my Furutech FI-15e (Gold) from an eBay seller in Hong Kong. Please let me know where you bought yours from as I would be very much interested in buying them if they don't lift the cover, as you said.  Thanks