Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geckos on wall
Did you paint the power cables white?
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
I believe the Gecko is shipped with a white power cable.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(30-May-2016, 15:42)ragwo Wrote: I believe the Gecko is shipped with a white power cable.

It is. A short One.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Wondering what the differences are between wall mounted and stand mounted ?
(16-Jun-2016, 08:23)bimbo Wrote: Wondering what the differences are between wall mounted and stand mounted ?

Standing or hanging :-)
I mounted my Phantoms last week to the walls, mostly to get them into a more save area.
The difference to before, when they were standing in regular listening height, is the elevated soundstage, which is so uncommon that I still struggle with whether this is acceptable to me.
The resolution and sound quality has changed and requires together with the elevation time to get used to. After all I will not call it a degradation in quality, yet.
A-B listening is hardly possible Smile

Cheers,

Krisp
Wink 
(17-Jun-2016, 07:16)Johnnydev Wrote:
(16-Jun-2016, 08:23)bimbo Wrote: Wondering what the differences are between wall mounted and stand mounted ?

Standing or hanging :-)

Ahhh OK, sorry i missed a word...... Wondering what the SOUND differences are between wall mounted and stand mounted ?

But great sense of humor there. [Image: wink.gif]
(17-Jun-2016, 13:39)Krisp Wrote: I mounted my Phantoms last week to the walls, mostly to get them into a more save area.
The difference to before, when they were standing in regular listening height, is the elevated soundstage, which is so uncommon that I still struggle with whether this is acceptable to me.
The resolution and sound quality has changed and requires together with the elevation time to get used to. After all I will not call it a degradation in quality, yet.
A-B listening is hardly possible Smile

Cheers,

Krisp

Thanks for the input. As you say, hard to do an A/B and its a big deal in term of cost and hassle rigging it all up and then not like the change.

I guess the audio shops that deal in these will have such demos running?
I really like the gecko it adds to look of the speaker and it also helps protect the speaker. However it takes away from the portability specially since they only come with one set of anchors. I have tried to purchase more anchors from Devialet but they Do not offer them at this time or the forseable future. And it is very cumbersome to detach the gecko from the speaker is you have to turn the speaker upside down. Does anyone know how to get some additional anchors?