Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini Set-up Issues
(28-Dec-2020, 16:17)twinpiks Wrote: Same here, still waiting on devialet's customer support..
brief recap of my main steps:
- 1) got me a few hours to get both earbuds paired AND updated to v32.

- 2) after the right earbug was properly updated, the process failed for the chamber, and since then the chamber is dead/unresponsive, not appearing anywhere, no lights showing up whatsoever etc.. showing up version=0.0.0.0 (looks like something pointed here as Chamber locked in sync mode)..

- 3) for two days both earbuds were working fine, got to use them for a 1-2 hours (very nice sound, but surprisingly more so in transparency than neutral mode..),
AND suddenly on saturday they shutdown while listining to a podcast... and since then Nothing.

So: 
- the chamber is dead since thursday evening, and all kinds of procedures found on thus thread or on devialet's website havent worked at all.
- cannot use/pair both earbuds since saturday pm

Thanks for your help !

I should receive an advance replacement pair from the retailer tomorrow. I'm trying to decide what to do next. I don't dare try to upgrade the new pair until I know there is a remedy for the stuck chamber. OTOH, like you I currently have fully upgraded buds so I'm wondering what would happen if I try to update the "new" buds using the stuck chamber, if the process will overwrite/fix it? I would, of course, first confirm that the old buds work fine with the new chamber. But I probably won't do anything at all until I hear something back from Devialet. If the fix were so simple then I'm wondering why they don't put out a neutral point release just to force-update? I mean, the chamber is still responsive to to communication.

But really who the hell knows. I've never experienced anything like this before, where a company delivers such a compellingly good product along with such lousy support. I have a little over a week to return the old pair. I'll give it a week, and if they are still silent I guess I will return the product for good.
When I put the gemini in the charger they sometimes reconnect to the phone with the charger closed. And you ?
Gemini major issue 
after 2 week nothing works , they work perfectly fine before biut since the last update that was a noghtmare to execute ......
Now : my case is not charging 
         Gemini has gone quiet ????
and they will get back to me within 72 hours , this is unaceptable for such expensive product
(23-Dec-2020, 23:21)SoCalB Wrote:
(23-Dec-2020, 18:16)cresny Wrote: I am the newest member of the dead chamber club. I tried the 15-minute wait from the troubleshooting page, plus the 5 minute right-only a few times. Nothing really to add, but before the dead chamber, I had to reset my network settings to get the update to work. The Left finally updated, then the Right fail at 5%, then a re-pair got the Right to work, but then the "!" fail (I guess on the case). If I were to do it over I would have just taken them out/in and tried the 10-15 minute recovery, but I assumed it was a pairing problem and "forgot" them in bluetooth, and now I have no choice but the five-minutes-and-a-prayer approach. I'm early into this but based on what I'm seeing they'll have to go back. Any new owners reading this, I'll reiterate the other warnings to hold off the update until there is more info!

I just sent Devialet an email.

I'm GUESSING the issue has to do with the buds seating in the chamber.  That would explain my buds charging ALL night, but being 0% in the morning, AND them staying connected to bluetooth while in the chamber with the door closed. 

Those issues would also prevent an update from happening. 

I'm guessing the prongs inside aren't long enough, or skin oil, etc. makes it hard for a good contact to be made...but that also doesn't explain the issues when new. 

We'll see. 

Love the sound...not the unreliability.

That said, my galaxy buds took 5-6 updates before they worked VERY well.

I spoke with support last night. The person I spoke with was basically reading off of a checklist, pure call-center, zero technical knowledge. Nothing learned, but after emailing some screenshots they offered to replace the product.  Confused 

So now what? Do I dare try re-updating? I generally am not concerned being on the bleeding edge, but I expect at least some technical engagement towards working out kinks. given the support void of Devialet I may have to just forgo these, as much as I don't want to. 
(24-Dec-2020, 22:12)ghosttipper Wrote: Got them yesterday. Performance is awesome. No probs. Did no Update!

(29-Dec-2020, 17:10)cresny Wrote:
(23-Dec-2020, 23:21)SoCalB Wrote:
(23-Dec-2020, 18:16)cresny Wrote: I am the newest member of the dead chamber club. I tried the 15-minute wait from the troubleshooting page, plus the 5 minute right-only a few times. Nothing really to add, but before the dead chamber, I had to reset my network settings to get the update to work. The Left finally updated, then the Right fail at 5%, then a re-pair got the Right to work, but then the "!" fail (I guess on the case). If I were to do it over I would have just taken them out/in and tried the 10-15 minute recovery, but I assumed it was a pairing problem and "forgot" them in bluetooth, and now I have no choice but the five-minutes-and-a-prayer approach. I'm early into this but based on what I'm seeing they'll have to go back. Any new owners reading this, I'll reiterate the other warnings to hold off the update until there is more info!

I just sent Devialet an email.

I'm GUESSING the issue has to do with the buds seating in the chamber.  That would explain my buds charging ALL night, but being 0% in the morning, AND them staying connected to bluetooth while in the chamber with the door closed. 

Those issues would also prevent an update from happening. 

I'm guessing the prongs inside aren't long enough, or skin oil, etc. makes it hard for a good contact to be made...but that also doesn't explain the issues when new. 

We'll see. 

Love the sound...not the unreliability.

That said, my galaxy buds took 5-6 updates before they worked VERY well.

I spoke with support last night. The person I spoke with was basically reading off of a checklist, pure call-center, zero technical knowledge. Nothing learned, but after emailing some screenshots they offered to replace the product.  Confused 

So now what? Do I dare try re-updating? I generally am not concerned being on the bleeding edge, but I expect at least some technical engagement towards working out kinks. given the support void of Devialet I may have to just forgo these, as much as I don't want to. 

No, you most certainly do not update it. One of my pairs is in the middle od the process of being replaced(did the update on this pair) and one pair is working just fine (still with original firmware update).
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
Too late, I updated   Shy

This time I did the full network reset, then went into the most RF-remote part of the house and updated there. It went smoothly.  I plan to do the same thing for any other update that comes.
Anyone experiencing that an earbud sounds like a machine gun, when in Cancellation or Transparent mode?

Anyone found the reset button?
Update

Old Gemini's have been successfully exchanged and the new pair came with the latest updates already installed. Didn't have to do anything.

As some mentioned above, there are problems while being connected to an android phone. Connection drops a lot, especially when you keep the phone close to the earbuds (weird). Instead I configured them on Apple and I've got 0 problems with the connections.
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
- Very disappointed by reliability issues
- As almost every one my first pairing with iphone then computer and Update , was a pin in the ass.....

- since they work almost flawlessly (sometimes reconnection fail...)

Yesterday, I took my ears from the chamber and 1 is 100% the other 0%.....
+ Tonight I've pinpointed that the Right ear could sit with a slight gap and so no battery charge
+ This evening I made a call then the ears, both of them, couldn't be connected to iphone or pc again.
+ I can't put chamber in pairing mode
etc<etc ....
Hello,
at first the sound is amazing (not in neutral mode) and I'm determined to keep them and maybe the problems will be fine-tuned.
The post-purchase update went almost smoothly, except for the pasted contacts without notification.
There are problems with accidentally discharging the headphones in the box.
So far, I have the following procedure:
I put the left one in the box - it charges
I put the right one in the box - it doesn't charge
I have to select the left one - the right one starts charging, then I can insert the left one and it also charges.
Then I close the box and check the application, the application loses connection. Then I check the bluetooth in the mobile (Pixel 4) and see that it is connected, I open and close the box, the headphones are disconnected.
So far, I've been following this for a few days and I think it's a software problem that will solve it.
Maybe this will help someone temporarily.
I consider it a fundamental mistake that they cannot be switched off when I do not have a box with me. So they're still discharging or recharging, which probably won't result in excessive battery life.