Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini Set-up Issues
I don't think the prongs are too short, because I can see the app recognize the buds when I take them in and out. But if you mean in might be not seating all the prongs, idk. What's really frustrating is the app connects without bluetooth and can play music through them, as in the audio test (that never finished successfully for me BTW). I have no idea how it's connecting because I do not recall using my WIFI password, but the non-BT connection has very long range, as it worked out side my apartment, from the elevator even. I just wish the app could do some basic diagnostics to know that something is wrong and try to correct. A stuck chamber update is pathetic, especially given how often it seems to happen.
I don’t own a pair of Gemini buds, but reading through the posts it seems that you have to remove stickers that cover the contacts on the buds before charging them. It might be possible that there is residue from the stickers causing contact problems. Try using a rubber (eraser to our friends over the pond) on the end of a pencil to clean the contacts on the buds and in the chamber and see if this helps. A shot in the dark, but you never know your luck.

Edit: I’ve got this image stuck in my head of a large prophylactic (rubber to our friends over the pond) draped over the end of a pencil.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
And i was thinking to buy them over the new bose wireless quiet comfort.
Guys,

To be honest, I think this is a hit&miss thing. I was ready to cancel my order yesterday, after reading through all your posts, but somehow I didn't and happy with my decision.

The connection process is truly abysmal: in comparison with the airport, they look like a work in progress of the first prototype of its kind. You have to connect to Gemini L, and in turn the iPhone will do a pairing request with Gemini, and from here on it's a Russian roulette. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

However, having read the support page on Devialet's official website, after 4 tries I managed to get all of them updated. They work well, albeit I haven't tested them thoroughly yet.

The sound is very good for such a small form factor and their look and feel is premium, I am positive they will solve this through additional firmware upgrades (once you manage to install them).
Got them yesterday. Performance is awesome. No probs. Did no Update!
(24-Dec-2020, 09:34)Axel Wrote: I don’t own a pair of Gemini buds, but reading through the posts it seems that you have to remove stickers that cover the contacts on the buds before charging them. It might be possible that there is residue from the stickers causing contact problems. Try using a rubber (eraser to our friends over the pond) on the end of a pencil to clean the contacts on the buds and in the chamber and see if this helps. A shot in the dark, but you never know your luck.

Edit: I’ve got this image stuck in my head of a large prophylactic  (rubber to our friends over the pond) draped over the end of a pencil.

While a good idea, the contacts are recessed slightly and the stickers covering them would not leave any residue. 
I received mine today and had the same problems as others here. Problems with updating, one showing 0 % when it is fully charged, the earbuds staying connected even though they are in a closed chamber. 
Overall I really am impressed with the looks and quality of the product. The software really needs to be improved, quickly. 
I have hissing in the background, especially when the ANC is active. And the lag is worse than the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 that I had before this when watching a video. For €300 these are things that need not be present at a product launch. 
I can accept the larger charging case, but the rest should be close to perfect at this price. I know there are bugs with any product launch, but they are dropping the ball here.
(11-Dec-2020, 21:59)bogdan.filipovici Wrote:
(11-Dec-2020, 21:54)ragwo Wrote: I'm sorry to hear that Devialet made a mess of a new product release, again. I was really tempted to buy the Geminis, but I'll hold off until the software problems are solved.

The earbuds themselves are extraordinary. The sound, the clarity, the low ends, mids, highs are amazing. But it appears that they still have to improve their software dev skills. Not even 3 hours in since i received them and my chamber is fried. It charges the earbuds, but other than that...

There is supposed to be a fix for that. Apparently some chambers were either sent out in an update mode or got stuck during the update.
(22-Dec-2020, 13:45)Fengos Wrote: In my case it looks like the chamber blinks as it should and the earbuds are detected. However, when I try to activate de pairing mode by pressing the button for 2 seconds it never works. None of the methods mentioned above worked for me =/

I guess I'll be asking for a refund.

I had to hold the button down for the entire pairing process for it to work.
(24-Dec-2020, 22:12)ghosttipper Wrote: Got them yesterday. Performance is awesome. No probs. Did no Update!

What software version is shown? I updated mine and I forgot to check before to see if everything was updated correctly.
hello all,
i am thinking about buying the geminis. Can anyone tell me if they support multipoint connections? This means connecting to two devices. Laptop and smartphone for example.
Thanks for the help and have a nice christmas!
Canton Karat Reference 6.2 DC | Expert 220 Pro | Canton Karat AS500
Canton Karat Reference 2.2 DC | Expert 400
ROON Server | Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F | Mellanox Connect-X 3 40G | Samsung PM1725a 3.2TB
Ultrasone Edition 8 EX | Coord MOJO + POLY