Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini Set-up Issues
I just received my Gemini Earbuds and cannot get them to work.  Completely underwhelmed by the lack of support and documentation - and the troublesome set-up with iOS 14.  Thinking I may have to return them.  Extremely disappointing.  Is anyone else experiencing this?
(11-Dec-2020, 15:37)tommy bakes Wrote: I just received my Gemini Earbuds and cannot get them to work.  Completely underwhelmed by the lack of support and documentation - and the troublesome set-up with iOS 14.  Thinking I may have to return them.  Extremely disappointing.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've had issues too.  I was able to set them up in the iOS app, although one or more earbuds kept dropping out.  I attempted to update the firmware, however it failed on the right earbud and chamber and I've not been able to use them since.  I've raised a support request as these troubleshooting steps I'm trying to do my first pairing with Gemini but the Charging Case is not reacting as expected – Devialet Help Center didn't work for me.
(11-Dec-2020, 15:37)tommy bakes Wrote: I just received my Gemini Earbuds and cannot get them to work.  Completely underwhelmed by the lack of support and documentation - and the troublesome set-up with iOS 14.  Thinking I may have to return them.  Extremely disappointing.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Same here.
Got them yesterday, went through earbuds update (L + R, I think), then the problems began, it fails to connect to the Chamber.
Keeps repeating the message "Gemini has gone quiet, Failed to make contact. Please ensure that your Chamber is open, or your Geminis are out".
It connects for few seconds, and the same message reappears.
Is it another Devialet's half-baked app?

Mind you, without going through the Android app, they sound really great (straight Bluetooth connection) . Just can't do any profiles.

I could barely get them to work. Right when I was about to quit, updating went through and everything was working fine (on iOS 14). Until the chamber stopped working. It wont blink anymore (neither green nor white), thus i cant connect it to any other devices anymore. 

No idea what to do. Just like you said ... lack of support / documentation
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
I'm sorry to hear that Devialet made a mess of a new product release, again. I was really tempted to buy the Geminis, but I'll hold off until the software problems are solved.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Dec-2020, 21:54)ragwo Wrote: I'm sorry to hear that Devialet made a mess of a new product release, again. I was really tempted to buy the Geminis, but I'll hold off until the software problems are solved.

The earbuds themselves are extraordinary. The sound, the clarity, the low ends, mids, highs are amazing. But it appears that they still have to improve their software dev skills. Not even 3 hours in since i received them and my chamber is fried. It charges the earbuds, but other than that...
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
(11-Dec-2020, 21:59)bogdan.filipovici Wrote:
(11-Dec-2020, 21:54)ragwo Wrote: I'm sorry to hear that Devialet made a mess of a new product release, again. I was really tempted to buy the Geminis, but I'll hold off until the software problems are solved.

The earbuds themselves are extraordinary. The sound, the clarity, the low ends, mids, highs are amazing. But it appears that they still have to improve their software dev skills. Not even 3 hours in since i received them and my chamber is fried. It charges the earbuds, but other than that...

That's €100 an hour, a bargain! Joke aside, I hope Devialet will sort our your problem. Have you compared the earbuds to other BT earbuds?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Dec-2020, 22:36)ragwo Wrote:
(11-Dec-2020, 21:59)bogdan.filipovici Wrote:

That's €100 an hour, a bargain! Joke aside, I hope Devialet will sort our your problem. Have you compared the earbuds to other BT earbuds?
What I meant was that the only functionality left on chamber is that it charges the earbuds when inserted. But since every other functionality is dead and chamber cant charge itself (currently plugged in and nothing), therefore, earbuds' life is limited.
But good joke, haha

As for comparing, only compared with AirPods Pro and 2 overhead bluetooth headphones within the same price range. Gemini = winner out of these. Will probably have to wait til monday to hear from Devialet. Filed 3 tickets for each bug i found.
+1 on the dead chamber.

Setting up via Android was flaky at best. Initially the update would do nothing so I turned my phone off and on again. After the restart the update actually responded. It updated the right, then the left earbud but reported a failure on the chamber.

Now in the Gemini App settings screen the left and right earbuds are at version 1.0.1.32, but the chamber is reporting 0.0.0.

I tried to reset the chamber with the phantom style 3 button click reset, press and hold for 30 seconds but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The geminis themselves sound fantastic but as always software is the after thought here (looks at an old Dialog sitting on the shelf since DOS 2)

I guess we wait.
Ok, after leaving the Gemini in the chamber for 10-15 minutes while plugged in, lid open, the app open on my phone, 3 button pushes, waving my arms, cursing, and hopping on one foot, the chamber came back.

I get green/white lights, the app reports 100% chamber battery and the chamber version reported is 1.0.22 (dunno if this is the latest).

I'm not sure which incantation reset it but there is hope.