Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini Set-up Issues
(11-Dec-2020, 23:27)verza Wrote: Ok, after leaving the Gemini in the chamber for 10-15 minutes while plugged in, lid open, the app open on my phone, 3 button pushes, waving my arms, cursing, and hopping on one foot, the chamber came back.

I get green/white lights, the app reports 100% chamber battery and the chamber version reported is 1.0.22 (dunno if this is the latest).

I'm not sure which incantation reset it but there is hope.

I appreciate the optimism, but I've been up all night and nothing happened. Only solution left is to "crack" it open and check the electric wiring inside, since you can pop it easily with a screwdriver. Happy that it worked for you. Some of us aint that lucky haha

Later edit: that screw is so tight you can't unscrew it. Time to ship it back I guess
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
Mmm, glad I am not an early adopter. Come to think of it, with Devialet’s track record, I will be a never adopter.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I am heartened to hear that I am not the only one experiencing these problems and with 300 Euro pair of earbuds that are unusable out of the box! I spoke to Devialet support last night, who confirmed they were receiving a flood of responses like this, and that they were going to email me a workaround to get the Gemini's working until they issued a firmware update. However, despite being told I would receive this email in 20 minutes, nothing has arrived, so like the earbuds, Devialet is proving to be less than helpful. Extremely frustrating.
Damn devialet, they really don't learn from their previous mistakes.
(12-Dec-2020, 15:46)tommy bakes Wrote: I am heartened to hear that I am not the only one experiencing these problems and with 300 Euro pair of earbuds that are unusable out of the box!  I spoke to Devialet support last night, who confirmed they were receiving a flood of responses like this, and that they were going to email me a workaround to get the Gemini's working until they issued a firmware update.  However, despite being told I would receive this email in 20 minutes, nothing has arrived, so like the earbuds, Devialet is proving to be less than helpful.  Extremely frustrating.
Hey Tommy. Did you speak on the phone or via email? 
I opened 2 tickets on devialet support website. One for the chamber problems and one for my devialet care products which were missing from the package (shouldve had 2 devialet care), extended warranties for which i payed. The ticket for warranties appears to be marked as solved, yet i didnt receive any email or solution for them. It is indeed frustrating, considering we have all wholeheartedly waited for their release. 

Could you get here into more details about your problem? I noticed you experienced problems with ios 14. Let me tell you, i had problems connecting and upgrading via android. When tried on ios 14, it worked like a charm. But obviously, after the firmware upgrade, my chamber stopped working. No lights, no charging, no nothing.

I tried what verza said, keeping the lid open, while chamber being plugged to electricity and pushing buttons, just like you would do to a phantom. Nothing happened. The only thing working is the electromagnetic charging for the earbuds with the remaining battery of the chamber, which probably after 2 full charges of the earbuds, will get to 0%. Shouldn't there be a factory reset, like their speakers do? I'm so confused it hurts

Later edit: chamber + earbuds gone completely offline. If so far i couldve still see info about earbuds version and battery and fully use the app, now the app says gemini are nowhere to be found.
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
Sorry to hear that you all are encountering problems with the Gemini earbuds. I received mine last week and of course I was very anxious to unpack them too. And of course I also had some minor problems, but they seem to be solved now. Thank you At first I couldn’t manage to pair with my IPhone (IOS 14.2). The moment I wanted to quit, I noticed the little plastic covers on the back of the buds and voila (it was very late) Upgrading worked and after a while - resetting my phone; trail and error- everything seemed to work well.
The next day I had troubles pairing them to my MacBook P. Maybe Mac OS high Sierra could be causing that. Finally a got them paired, although the connection drops sometimes/isn’t always steady.
Changing from MBP to iPhone and visa versa isn’t going so smooth. But that’s more a common Bluetooth issue, I think.
After all it works now and they sound really great.
Wearing them outside running and during sports could be difficult. I’m having problems keeping them in..

Overall just early adopters problems... seems to be part of life nowadays. Introducing stuff that’s still under construction... until now I can live with it..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(13-Dec-2020, 13:26)izenp Wrote: Sorry to hear that you all are encountering problems with the Gemini earbuds. I received mine last week and of course I was very anxious to unpack them too. And of course I also had some minor problems, but they seem to be solved now. Thank you At first I couldn’t manage to pair with my IPhone (IOS 14.2). The moment I wanted to quit, I noticed the little plastic covers on the back of the buds and voila (it was very late) Upgrading worked and after a while - resetting my phone; trail and error- everything seemed to work well.
The next day I had troubles pairing them to my MacBook P. Maybe Mac OS high Sierra could be causing that. Finally a got them paired, although the connection drops sometimes/isn’t always steady.
Changing from MBP to iPhone and visa versa isn’t going so smooth. But that’s more a common Bluetooth issue, I think.
After all it works now and they sound really great.
Wearing them outside running and during sports could be difficult. I’m having problems keeping them in..

Overall just early adopters problems... seems to be part of life nowadays. Introducing stuff that’s still under construction... until now I can live with it..

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

All I can think of right now is that since the Gemini’s have been backed up by Jay Z, there’s been a certain pressure on Devialet to release these asap and in a high number, ergo why they chose to manufacture them in China(cheap and fast) unlike their other products which are all designed and assembled in Paris. Most likely the materials used for hardware parts are cheap and faulty, therefore a lot of firmware problems (due to faulty hardware). Been using their products for a while now and you can clearly tell the difference between France made products and China (gemini). 

Sucks that Devialet will most likely have to replace all faulty or even totally damaged devices(like mine, since they dont work at all). Happy you got yours to work!
Anybody got any meaningful response from Devialet yet?
Anybody?
(14-Dec-2020, 22:54)MarkSolo Wrote: Anybody got any meaningful response from Devialet yet?
Anybody?

Nope, nothing.  I have filed two tickets, and called them directly.  Nothing!  I basically paid 300 Euro for a hockey puck with a sliding cover.  ;-)
Here is the email response I got from support if anyone else is interested in trying their solution:

Quote:When LED light in the casing is not blinking at all and remains black this pattern means either the casing is out of battery which needs charging or casing is temporary locked in update mode.

A. Let's first focus on the no battery supposition:

1.Please leave the charging case plugged in with both earbud inside + charging case closed, for 2 hours.

2.After 2 hours, try below instructions to see if the LED light starts blinking:
* slide open (should blink)
* take out left earbud (should blink) and place it back in the casing (should blink again)
* take out right earbud (should blink) and place it back in the casing (should blink again)

3.If LED light is starting to blink it means the casing was simply out of battery; your charging case is charged and functioning.
*Click here for our FAQ, questions such as How to use my Devialet Gemini (pairing) / How to use Devialet Gemini mobile APP?
*Click here for a short video on how to update your Devialet Gemini to the latest firmware.

4.If LED light is not blinking and remains black, proceed with below.

B. Charging case has been locked in firmware update mode:

In order to unlock it is bit tedious and we apologize in advance. You see, the right earbud is the one with the mission to send the firmware update to the charging case.

So the solution to unlock the charging case is to apply the following sequence several times:

*While the charging case still plugged in the electricity
*Open the charging case flap
*Take out only the right earbud 5 seconds
*Put back the right earbud inside
*Keep the charging case flap opened
*Wait 5 minutes
*Redo the same sequence until the led turn green once when you take out the right earbud.