Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini Set-up Issues
(16-Dec-2020, 23:40)em0 Wrote:
(16-Dec-2020, 22:03)pzucchel Wrote: It doesn't work for me, no led activity...

To clarify, the fix I posted is not for a non-responsive chamber. It has to be able to recognize the buds (flash green when you insert them)
My chamber is not responsive, butbut it doesn't show any led activity whatsoever anytime... Firmware 0.0.0...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi all   Smile

For me The Gemini's worked perfectly once unboxed and fully charged, then the fw update message popped up, tried once, was stuck at 5%, then once again, then yesterday an advised employee at Devialet store just tried and it worked, nothing done really differently, but it worked.
Same evening, I tried and used them for a couple minutes, and it worked like a charm. But today, no signal at all :
No led on, no life signal from the earbuds nor the chamber, like it is really dead.
I have tried the full reset, nothing. They are now on charge for the next 2 hours to see if anything will happen next.
If not, a traditional replacement will be on.

Update : No signal after the 2 hours charging solution, I keep it trying few times until a replacement.
I had to send them back for a refund. In addition to the technical problems with charging and Bluetooth, people I would call with these earbuds kept complaining of poor sound quality similar to sounding like I was in a tunnel. This occurred on several occasions. Sounded great when it worked with regards to music. But not worth the hassle and problems for me, since they did not work as advertised most of the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Also a refund request.
Geminis are not ready for me. Upgrade failed miserably (numerous times, mind you).
I should enjoy playing music through them and not trying to connect to the Bluetooth for a few last days.
When going to bed my earbuds and chamber are fully charge and in the morning one of them is on 0% and the other one around 30%.
Any ideas?

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
(21-Dec-2020, 06:59)Nordic Wrote: When going to bed my earbuds and chamber are fully charge and in the morning one of them is on 0% and the other one around 30%.
Any ideas?

same for me!
In my case it looks like the chamber blinks as it should and the earbuds are detected. However, when I try to activate de pairing mode by pressing the button for 2 seconds it never works. None of the methods mentioned above worked for me =/

I guess I'll be asking for a refund.
(21-Dec-2020, 06:59)Nordic Wrote: When going to bed my earbuds and chamber are fully charge and in the morning one of them is on 0% and the other one around 30%.
Any ideas?

I had this issue this morning.  Chamber was fully charged, one at 100%, the other at 0%

I'm also having issues with buds IN the chamber, fully closed...but still connected to bluetooth and no sound from my phone.

They sound great...but after 8 hours of calls yesterday and putting them back in the chamber to call after each call, started having issues connecting to bluetooth. 

One ear connect, then the other, then both.  Had to turn bluetooth off completely a few times and reconnect to get working.

Love the sound, but I still keep my galaxy buds on backup in my pocket.  Granted, it took about 5-6 updates to the galaxy buds until I used them regularly.

Would be great if they would get on these issues. 

Also, these are the first buds I've had that have multiple "devices" to connect as one.  I get Gemini L, Gemini R, and just Gemini. 

Really hope some updates are coming soon. 

LOVED them the first week...but the issues now are having me debate returning them.  I need voice functionality.  Without good call quality, I don't care how good they sound. 

If I just wanted good sound and inconvenience, I would use my Custom JH Audio IEM's.  Which aren't great for easily removing from ear and for phone conversations.

Come on Devialet....
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)
I am the newest member of the dead chamber club. I tried the 15-minute wait from the troubleshooting page, plus the 5 minute right-only a few times. Nothing really to add, but before the dead chamber, I had to reset my network settings to get the update to work. The Left finally updated, then the Right fail at 5%, then a re-pair got the Right to work, but then the "!" fail (I guess on the case). If I were to do it over I would have just taken them out/in and tried the 10-15 minute recovery, but I assumed it was a pairing problem and "forgot" them in bluetooth, and now I have no choice but the five-minutes-and-a-prayer approach. I'm early into this but based on what I'm seeing they'll have to go back. Any new owners reading this, I'll reiterate the other warnings to hold off the update until there is more info!
(23-Dec-2020, 18:16)cresny Wrote: I am the newest member of the dead chamber club. I tried the 15-minute wait from the troubleshooting page, plus the 5 minute right-only a few times. Nothing really to add, but before the dead chamber, I had to reset my network settings to get the update to work. The Left finally updated, then the Right fail at 5%, then a re-pair got the Right to work, but then the "!" fail (I guess on the case). If I were to do it over I would have just taken them out/in and tried the 10-15 minute recovery, but I assumed it was a pairing problem and "forgot" them in bluetooth, and now I have no choice but the five-minutes-and-a-prayer approach. I'm early into this but based on what I'm seeing they'll have to go back. Any new owners reading this, I'll reiterate the other warnings to hold off the update until there is more info!

I just sent Devialet an email.

I'm GUESSING the issue has to do with the buds seating in the chamber.  That would explain my buds charging ALL night, but being 0% in the morning, AND them staying connected to bluetooth while in the chamber with the door closed. 

Those issues would also prevent an update from happening. 

I'm guessing the prongs inside aren't long enough, or skin oil, etc. makes it hard for a good contact to be made...but that also doesn't explain the issues when new. 

We'll see. 

Love the sound...not the unreliability.

That said, my galaxy buds took 5-6 updates before they worked VERY well.
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)