Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini Set-up Issues
I had an issue with desynchronized earbuds after the update (left earbud was showing version 1.0.1.32 while the right earbud and the chamber were both showing 0.0.0) - customer service took 2 days to respond and told me the basic troubleshooting steps I had already performed. That was very frustrating.

I did a live chat with someone who immediately provided instructions on how to sync the buds and get them working again. Took less than 10 minutes. Happy to say they're working again and all of the seperates are showing the correct updated versions.

If anyone has the same issue (right earbud showing 0% charge and not charging, and the 0.0.0 version showing) I can provide the quick instructions to fix.
Devialet Phantom Gold x 2
Devialet Expert Pro 220 -> Focal Sopra No. 2
Devialet Gemini
Although I have decided to postpone my purchase for now, i am sure that many would benefit from your knowledge, so you could perhaps post the procedure here?

I certainly hope that Devialet creates today a KB with the procedure also, but we don't know for sure.
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(15-Dec-2020, 23:49)em0 Wrote: I had an issue with desynchronized earbuds after the update (left earbud was showing version 1.0.1.32 while the right earbud and the chamber were both showing 0.0.0) - customer service took 2 days to respond and told me the basic troubleshooting steps I had already performed. That was very frustrating.

I did a live chat with someone who immediately provided instructions on how to sync the buds and get them working again. Took less than 10 minutes. Happy to say they're working again and all of the seperates are showing the correct updated versions.

If anyone has the same issue (right earbud showing 0% charge and not charging, and the 0.0.0 version showing) I can provide the quick instructions to fix.

I'm glad you got them to work. As berna said, you can post if you please, the steps to fix the problem. My chamber was also showing 0.0.0. (currently completely dead)
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
I ordered the Gemini in early October. And Devialet charged my card at that time. Usually, items aren’t charged until they ship. Particularly, when it takes 3 months to ship. I received them last week. The setup was not smooth. They neglected to tell you to remove the little plastic cover over the charging areas of the earbuds before setup. Even with those removed, pairing with my iPhone 12 Pro was hit or miss. Finally it paired. Then there was a software update. After the update, sounded great. The noise cancellation in “plane” mode is superior to Apple AirPods Pro. Unfortunately, the buds failed to keep charged eve when in the case of hours with the case connected to power source. Buds would run out of battery after a few minutes of use. Bluetooth connection was unreliable. Case felt flimsy and excessively large. Placing the buds in your ear makes you accidentally press the large buttons on the buds inadvertently. Contacted Devialet via email support. After a week with these expensive, useless earbuds that sound great- but don’t reliably work, I requested a full refund. I have two gold phantoms that sound great but drop out all the time. I was not going to be fooled twice. Save your money and skip these. They are not ready for use.
When a company charges a premium for electronics, the items must be rock solid in use and of good build quality. Gemini will tarnish Devialet’s reputation, if that has not occurred already. That is my one week experience with Gemini. What a shame for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(11-Dec-2020, 22:57)verza Wrote: +1 on the dead chamber.

Setting up via Android was flaky at best. Initially the update would do nothing so I turned my phone off and on again. After the restart the update actually responded. It updated the right, then the left earbud but reported a failure on the chamber.

Now in the Gemini App settings screen the left and right earbuds are at version 1.0.1.32, but the chamber is reporting 0.0.0.

I tried to reset the chamber with the phantom style 3 button click reset, press and hold for 30 seconds but it doesn't seem to make a difference. The geminis themselves sound fantastic but as always software is the after thought here (looks at an old Dialog sitting on the shelf since DOS 2)

I guess we wait.

Hi all, exactly the same problem... The right earbud trick suggested by service and support doesn't work... This is a scandal for a high end product, it is not an occasional issue: it is legally and technically a product defect, devialet should be accountable... The product is currently unusable, I have tried dozen of times but the chamber doesn't respond... And the buds don't work right after purchase and following their instructions...
(15-Dec-2020, 16:43)verza Wrote: Here is the email response I got from support if anyone else is interested in trying their solution:

Quote:When LED light in the casing is not blinking at all and remains black this pattern means either the casing is out of battery which needs charging or casing is temporary locked in update mode.

A. Let's first focus on the no battery supposition:

1.Please leave the charging case plugged in with both earbud inside + charging case closed, for 2 hours.

2.After 2 hours, try below instructions to see if the LED light starts blinking:
* slide open (should blink)
* take out left earbud (should blink) and place it back in the casing (should blink again)
* take out right earbud (should blink) and place it back in the casing (should blink again)

3.If LED light is starting to blink it means the casing was simply out of battery; your charging case is charged and functioning.
*Click here for our FAQ, questions such as How to use my Devialet Gemini (pairing) / How to use Devialet Gemini mobile APP?
*Click here for a short video on how to update your Devialet Gemini to the latest firmware.

4.If LED light is not blinking and remains black, proceed with below.

B. Charging case has been locked in firmware update mode:

In order to unlock it is bit tedious and we apologize in advance. You see, the right earbud is the one with the mission to send the firmware update to the charging case.

So the solution to unlock the charging case is to apply the following sequence several times:

*While the charging case still plugged in the electricity
*Open the charging case flap
*Take out only the right earbud 5 seconds
*Put back the right earbud inside
*Keep the charging case flap opened
*Wait 5 minutes
*Redo the same sequence until the led turn green once when you take out the right earbud.

I received exactly the same email... But it doesn't work, after a full night of trials...
(16-Dec-2020, 11:18)pzucchel Wrote:
(15-Dec-2020, 16:43)verza Wrote: Here is the email response I got from support if anyone else is interested in trying their solution:

Quote:When LED light in the casing is not blinking at all and remains black this pattern means either the casing is out of battery which needs charging or casing is temporary locked in update mode.

A. Let's first focus on the no battery supposition:

1.Please leave the charging case plugged in with both earbud inside + charging case closed, for 2 hours.

2.After 2 hours, try below instructions to see if the LED light starts blinking:
* slide open (should blink)
* take out left earbud (should blink) and place it back in the casing (should blink again)
* take out right earbud (should blink) and place it back in the casing (should blink again)

3.If LED light is starting to blink it means the casing was simply out of battery; your charging case is charged and functioning.
*Click here for our FAQ, questions such as How to use my Devialet Gemini (pairing) / How to use Devialet Gemini mobile APP?
*Click here for a short video on how to update your Devialet Gemini to the latest firmware.

4.If LED light is not blinking and remains black, proceed with below.

B. Charging case has been locked in firmware update mode:

In order to unlock it is bit tedious and we apologize in advance. You see, the right earbud is the one with the mission to send the firmware update to the charging case.

So the solution to unlock the charging case is to apply the following sequence several times:

*While the charging case still plugged in the electricity
*Open the charging case flap
*Take out only the right earbud 5 seconds
*Put back the right earbud inside
*Keep the charging case flap opened
*Wait 5 minutes
*Redo the same sequence until the led turn green once when you take out the right earbud.

I received exactly the same email... But it doesn't work, after a full night of trials...

I ve been trying the same thing for the past 30mins and still nothing. Safe to say is that if you still want to enjoy the earbuds, DONT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE YET.
I bought a pair for my pops too and he is using them just fine. No disconnects, no bugs, not nothing. But i didnt upgrade them. Still on 1.0.1.26
Living Room - 2x Devialet Gold Phantom(ethernet) -> (optical) 1x BlueSound Node 2i (ethernet) + Remote
Hey guys, sorry was away for a bit. I tried all of the troubleshooting methods in this thread and none worked until I was given the synchronization method. The way it was explained to me the right earbud is the brains of the update - and even after a succesfull update it can lose connection - this will result in the right bud and case showing firmware 0.0.0

Here is the procedure to sync them back up (and restore to factory settings - this is basically the complete system restore for your buds)... I've had no issues since - the update went smoothly and they really sound great. A fantastic product - I just wish their troubleshooting / FAQ was updated with all of the different procedures. It'd cut down on the frustration for sure.

The good news is there are many different tricks to get the buds working again - they just haven't updated their website with all of the different procedures yet.

*Put both earbuds in the case
*Slide down (close) the case
*Press and hold the front button of the case
*Keep pressing the button while sliding the case up and down twice
*The LED should blink ORANGE to acknowledge the reset/restore/resync command
*Release the front button of the case
*Wait for the LED to change colors

*Green means it was successfully reset and synced - you can now pair them as new
*Red means earbuds are not correctly placed in the case, please re-place them and follow above process again.
Devialet Gemini
(16-Dec-2020, 21:29)em0 Wrote: Hey guys, sorry was away for a bit. I tried all of the troubleshooting methods in this thread and none worked until I was given the synchronization method. The way it was explained to me the right earbud is the brains of the update - and even after a succesfull update it can lose connection - this will result in the right bud and case showing firmware 0.0.0

Here is the procedure to sync them back up (and restore to factory settings - this is basically the complete system restore for your buds)... I've had no issues since - the update went smoothly and they really sound great. A fantastic product - I just wish their troubleshooting / FAQ was updated with all of the different procedures. It'd cut down on the frustration for sure.

The good news is there are many different tricks to get the buds working again - they just haven't updated their website with all of the different procedures yet.

*Put both earbuds in the case
*Slide down (close) the case
*Press and hold the front button of the case
*Keep pressing the button while sliding the case up and down twice
*The LED should blink ORANGE to acknowledge the reset/restore/resync command
*Release the front button of the case
*Wait for the LED to change colors

*Green means it was successfully reset and synced - you can now pair them as new
*Red means earbuds are not correctly placed in the case, please re-place them and follow above process again.

It doesn't work for me, no led activity...
(16-Dec-2020, 22:03)pzucchel Wrote: It doesn't work for me, no led activity...

To clarify, the fix I posted is not for a non-responsive chamber. It has to be able to recognize the buds (flash green when you insert them)
Devialet Gemini