Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini Set-up Issues
(06-Jan-2021, 17:06)dimax Wrote: Hello,
at first the sound is amazing (not in neutral mode) and I'm determined to keep them and maybe the problems will be fine-tuned.
The post-purchase update went almost smoothly, except for the pasted contacts without notification.
There are problems with accidentally discharging the headphones in the box.
So far, I have the following procedure:
I put the left one in the box - it charges
I put the right one in the box - it doesn't charge
I have to select the left one - the right one starts charging, then I can insert the left one and it also charges.
Then I close the box and check the application, the application loses connection. Then I check the bluetooth in the mobile (Pixel 4) and see that it is connected, I open and close the box, the headphones are disconnected.
So far, I've been following this for a few days and I think it's a software problem that will solve it.
Maybe this will help someone temporarily.
I consider it a fundamental mistake that they cannot be switched off when I do not have a box with me. So they're still discharging or recharging, which probably won't result in excessive battery life.

I'm doing the same thing -- double check phone bluetooth and open/close again if necessary. The problem I have is when I use them with my chromebook it is harder to tell that they are truly disconnected. So I'm mostly just using these with with my phone for now.

I think the whole mess seems to be from the Left/Right communication, or lack thereof. Given how weird it is I have my doubts about a quick fix but I hoping they do eventually improve it.
https://youtu.be/sY2k4WxeJZA
I wonder, isn’t it better just to return snd ask for full refund ?
Do you think that will may wake up Devialet to take it more seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me these these bugs are a pain but not deal breaker. I'm keeping them because:

1. The sound
2. On phone calls and Zoom people hear me loud and clear, much better that other gear (my uncle is hard of hearing and usually complains -- not with these).
3. Noise cancelling is great.
4. The ambient mode, though not as adjustable as the Sonys, is actually more practical and is not artificial sounding.
5  They actually stay in your ears and are very comfortable.

I don't regret the purchase, even as is. Hopefully they get better!
(08-Jan-2021, 23:40)cresny Wrote: For me these these bugs are a pain but not deal breaker. I'm keeping them because:

1. The sound
2. On phone calls and Zoom people hear me loud and clear, much better that other gear (my uncle is hard of hearing and usually complains -- not with these).
3. Noise cancelling is great.
4. The ambient mode, though not as adjustable as the Sonys, is actually more practical and is not artificial sounding.
5  They actually stay in your ears and are very comfortable.

I don't regret the purchase, even as is. Hopefully they get better!

Same here, I'll definitely keep them for the sound, the NC and the comfort.
Hi,

I had major Bluetooth pairing issues with IOs. The app could connect to the both earbuds but the Earbuds did not show into the Bluetooth device list. No way to get the sound out of the Earbuds. I went through all your procedures, it did not fix the problem.

I found another solution that worked for me.

In the app, go to Settings, then My Account, Drag the Earbuds to the left to remove then from the devices list, do the same with the chamber.

Uninstall the app, reset your iPhone. 

Now you can redo the complete Devialet’s pairing procedure and everything should work properly.

Br
(11-Dec-2020, 15:37)tommy bakes Wrote: I just received my Gemini Earbuds and cannot get them to work.  Completely underwhelmed by the lack of support and documentation - and the troublesome set-up with iOS 14.  Thinking I may have to return them.  Extremely disappointing.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

I had problems also with the first set I received. After contacting Devialet - they replaced and I received a new set, that are working perfectly. No battery and connection problems anymore. I am very happy now
Just to say as an Android user, I have had absolutely no issues whatsoever other than having to unpair and repair after the firmware update.

The sound is simply astounding for the price point and I am an audiophile. It is V shaped in signature and the treble seems more sibilant after the update. I'm sure there will be refinements.

Curious which aptX chipset is in these. Qualcomm have really confused things by getting rid of the separate HD and low latency offerings.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Did the update 3 days ago with iOS 14. All works perfect with better Sound performance
Hi all, my Devialet have an issue where the right earbud is always dead and the left is fully charged. Using an iPhone. Any ideas?