Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get well soon Rodney!
On behalf of Devialet Chat I'd like to wish one of our members - Rodney Gold from Cape Town - a speedy recovery. He leaves hospital today.

Rodney posted this on WBF yesterday (http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread...post407516):

"2 weeks ago had a massive heart attack.. resulting in an open heart quad bypass a few days later. Prognosis for me looks very good , I am out the hospital tommorow.
I feel like I have been hit by a truck tho .. and have to spend a month at home.
Im moving into my music room for the month , ground floor , upstairs to my bedrooms etc requires a 22 steps up a spiral staircase that is none tooo safe

Nothing about hifi came to mind as I was "dying"... mostly stuff like I hope my wife an kid do ok and find all my investments etc... if I had actually shuffled off this mortal coil.. my hifi would have been taken care of re sale and appraisal by a pal

In the interim , I got lucky , dodged a bullet and have a fresh restart... in celebration gonna get me that other Deviialet D premier I want .. to make a dual monoblock 500 watt system

Overalll, after all this ,my mindset has changed..call a spade a friggen shovel and avoid or chase away fools and bulldust artists without blinking an eye."

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Get well soon Rodney, hope all is well. It is amazing the lengths you'll go to justify an upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Wish you all the best :-)!

David
Rodney

We're going to be twins then - A pair of D-Premier Matte Black owners Tongue  

Sorry to hear about your heart by-pass, but hopefully your on the mend now. My wife's father had 3 heartaches almost 20 years ago and is still going strong in his early 80's, so you'll get there mate!!!

Yes, family are number one when things are on a bit of a low, but I'm sure they will help you get through the next month, and get you back on to a healthy path.

She'll be right mate  Big Grin
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Take care and get well.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
All the best for a speedy recovery.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(15-Aug-2016, 14:06)Chris Marshall Wrote: Get well soon Rodney, hope all is well.  It is amazing the lengths you'll go to justify an upgrade

And to have a month living in the music room.

Seriously though, all the best for a speedy recovery.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Let the family take care of you and get well, that's the priority now. Reward them, too, I'm sure it's been tough for them, too.

All the best, and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Rodney, I wish you good recovery and take care!

Audience aR-6 TSS / Melco N1ZH / Audio Research CD5 / D400 / Vivid B1D
Synergistic Research Atmosphere / SR Element C.T.S.
Hope you have a speedy recovery, Rodney and you're back on your feet soon!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England