Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gold vs Silver vs White...
A friend of mine just bought two Reactors 600. He told me he was blown away.
His father works in the concert set-up industry. He was blown away as well.

I have so many doubts right now. He’s my closest friend and I believe him closed eyes.

Does anyone ever listened to a pair of White versus Reactor 600 or 900 (if there’s any difference at all between the two...) ?

It seems unreasonable to buy one Gold because I’m gonna make a stereo pairing. And my salary will continue to jump up. Maybe I’ll trade later W for Gold.

Now I’m wondering how different the two sound...

I know I’m always asking same questions but I feel so confortable with you all.

Just wanna talk with you all about your feelings.

NB : no possibility to listen to Reactors near me.
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
(15-Oct-2019, 13:41)HublotTimer Wrote: A friend of mine just bought two Reactors 600. He told me he was blown away.

I have so many doubts right now. He’s my closest friend and I believe him closed eyes.
Last time I will disturb you. Trust your closest friend and buy a pair of Phantom Reactor that you can afford now. You can always upgrade later but I think you will be satisfied and not feel the need.
Hello Romain,

I was in the same dilemma . the only advise I can give you is to go to a showroom and see (well listen) by yourself. I went to LaDefense showroom and I listened Reactor/Phantom Classic and Gold, ask ti listen your titles - guys are very smart .
All have different config/setup and you could prefer the reactor to the Phantom. depends on the music you listen , depends also on the size of your room, Phantom needs space and no neighbors Smile

I'm waiting the DOS2 to order a pair of GOLD Wink

cheers,
-G
(15-Oct-2019, 13:41)HublotTimer Wrote: A friend of mine just bought two Reactors 600. He told me he was blown away.

Does anyone ever listened to a pair of White versus Reactor 600 or 900 (if there’s any difference at all between the two...) ?

It seems unreasonable to buy one Gold because I’m gonna make a stereo pairing. And my salary will continue to jump up. Maybe I’ll trade later W for Gold.

Now I’m wondering how different the two sound...

I know I’m always asking same questions but I feel so confortable with you all.

Just wanna talk with you all about your feelings.

NB : no possibility to listen to Reactors near me.

I don’t remember this being mentioned previously, so my apologies if I missed it, but all Phantoms can be trialled for 14 days.

Check out the Phantom trial details.
No disturbance at all mate. I’m pleased to hear you all on this !

Any differences between Reactor 600 and 900 ? Like, honestly ?

I know you may be right ! A pair of 600 should be it. But man I’m so obsessed with the « premium » range... Maybe it will cost me too much money. But still.

What is your opinion after hearing both Gaëtan ?!
What do you think ? What are you talking about DOS2 ?
I would wait, if it were me. I’d hope that:

A) new hardware is coming
B) the dialog will become unnecessary
C) AirPlay 2 will finally be supported (only AirPlay is supported today)
D) there might be a better solution for lag (which is currently okay with reactors for video games, but requires some hacking around for the phantoms)
(15-Oct-2019, 16:25)booshtukka Wrote: I would wait, if it were me. I’d hope that:

A) new hardware is coming
B) the dialog will become unnecessary
C) AirPlay 2 will finally be supported (only AirPlay is supported today)
D) there might be a better solution for lag (which is currently okay with reactors for video games, but requires some hacking around for the phantoms)

Hey man, thanks for your point of view ! 

I will wait at least 1 month as Xmas sales will be at their top the second half of November ! I'm not in a hurry I'm just asking some questions so yes, you are right I'll wait. 
Question still remains, what will I buy at the end ! And you gave me a beautiful back up in order to decide that ! I'm super happy with you all here ! 

1) Yeah heard that, they have to make it available before Xmas…
2) I'm surprised they will turn a juicy 300€ accessory into nothing…
3) I AM DEADLY WAITING FOR THAT AS I WANT MY HOMEPOD BEING ABLE TO COMMAND my future Devialet…
4) OK, copy that.

So many forums are full of hate or "Marketing only" or "HiFi my a$$" or things like this it became nearly impossible to have the answers we're looking at ! If it's for only getting a "do not buy this bull$$ product, buy a pair of Triangle" it's not worth it ! 
At least, here I can be told what I'm searching ! 

I'm finally home after going to a local store and discovering that they do not sell these products. Asked them if I could hear them, they said no but proposed a 5% discount if I buy it in store ! Still some bucks saved ! 

Where did you buy yours guys ? Any discount ?
The thread that Snoopy8 linked is the one I was referring too,
https://youtu.be/vWAO2g_eAMg
Reactor 900 vs Gold comparison.  This is bad for you because it could start another debate!

Problem with most written reviews is that they compare only 1 unit, every one complains how expensive they are. Most reviewers have no idea how good a pair sound. And difficult to audition pair in store because retailer usually has 1. 

Cannot find good 600 vs 900 review. If you can stretch budget, go for 900. Gives you more headroom, and will be better if you shift to bigger place in future.

DOS2 is new (for Premium) Devialet Operating System, to be introduced maybe in Nov, no need for Dialog.
Man. I’m so lost right now.

I could buy two Reactors with feet instead of one Classic then another.
Mind says go for two right now. Heart says you know you want the big bro.

I’m interested in any new hearing of two Phantom versus two Classic Premier...