Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gold vs Silver vs White...
@HublotTimer  still waiting for your write-up and comparisons  Smile
Weeeell well well.

I’ve compared two 600W, two 900W and 2 Classic White...
I refused to hear the Gold as I thought I would have been too enthousiast and I refused to spend 2 x 2500€.

Now my comparisons.
I took my own playlist.

I asked a blind test as I didn’t want to know what was the stuff running because I would have been too oriented !

As far as I heard I couldn’t make any difference between Reactor and Premier.
Ok, maybe you can hear a slightly different tone talking about midrange. But that was because I read it there and elsewhere...

You can read everywhere that one of the most amazing thing is how powerful these little guys are regarding to their size.
Man, you don’t really understand it until you’ve seen and hear it. Then you understand what powerful really means.
The basses are incredible, clear and loud.

I’ve really discovered new arrangements in my own favorite songs.

I was ready to spend 2 x 1590€ but when you hear the difference there definitely not reason at all to spend 1200€ more.
Maybe there’s reasons but not worth 1.2k€. And I’m not even counting the Dialog and the feet which I wanted to buy.

For now, my main room is 20sqt big. I will buy Phantom Gold when I’ll be able to afford them without thinking about things I won’t be able to buy because I buy these two incredible speakers.

I cannot recommend enough listening to those Reactors. Devialet did a fantastic job doing these Reactors.
It’s really no cheap speakers at all. It’s more affordable but not less amazing.

Im checking every hour the delivery process LoL.

I will get them Monday or Tuesday max.

I will write a full review when they will evolve in my own room..
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
HublotTimer Wrote:Weeeell well well.

I’ve compared two 600W, two 900W and 2 Classic White...
I refused to hear the Gold as I thought I would have been too enthousiast and I refused to spend 2 x 2500€.

Now my comparisons.
I took my own playlist.

I asked a blind test as I didn’t want to know what was the stuff running because I would have been too oriented !

As far as I heard I couldn’t make any difference between Reactor and Premier.
Ok, maybe you can hear a slightly different tone talking about midrange. But that was because I read it there and elsewhere...

You can read everywhere that one of the most amazing thing is how powerful these little guys are regarding to their size.
Man, you don’t really understand it until you’ve seen and hear it. Then you understand what powerful really means.
The basses are incredible, clear and loud.

I’ve really discovered new arrangements in my own favorite songs.

I was ready to spend 2 x 1590€ but when you hear the difference there definitely not reason at all to spend 1200€ more.
Maybe there’s reasons but not worth 1.2k€. And I’m not even counting the Dialog and the feet which I wanted to buy.

For now, my main room is 20sqt big. I will buy Phantom Gold when I’ll be able to afford them without thinking about things I won’t be able to buy because I buy these two incredible speakers.

I cannot recommend enough listening to those Reactors. Devialet did a fantastic job doing these Reactors.
It’s really no cheap speakers at all. It’s more affordable but not less amazing.

Im checking every hour the delivery process LoL.

I will get them Monday or Tuesday max.

I will write a full review when they will evolve in my own room..

That's a fine decision you made!! This will be the longest weekend, waiting... ;-)

Welcome to the club! :-)
2x Phantom Reactor 600 in stereo
Hey mate !

I can see you have 2 Reactors too.
Are you pleased ? Did you notice any difference since update has rolled out ?
I bought them too yesterday night. ? And a cocoon, because it was an offer für 1.980€ for all three things.
(18-Oct-2019, 17:21)Wuchst Wrote: I bought them too yesterday night. ? And a cocoon, because it was an offer für 1.980€ for all three things.

My local store agreed to make an incredible 10% discount. 

Two Reactors 600 for 1790€. Worth ! Equals one Silver... almost.
Thank you @HublotTimer . Any comments about Reactor 600 vs 900?
Completely impossible to distinguish in normal volumes.

When you push them to the limit maybe yes you can hear a bigger loudness of the 900.
But there is nowhere 300€ of difference !
Hey guys, hope a good day is going through for you all. 

Let me post a picture of my installation right now. 

I'm wondering if I buy 2 legs for my future little guys or if the already-here TV table should be enough to enable speakers to live at full…

What do you think ?

https://hublottimer.d.pr/UTsEtB

I'm sorry but I can't figure out why it won't show the full image instead of just the link (even with img /img …)
(19-Oct-2019, 12:43)HublotTimer Wrote: Hey guys, hope a good day is going through for you all. 

Let me post a picture of my installation right now. 

I'm wondering if I buy 2 legs for my future little guys or if the already-here TV table should be enough to enable speakers to live at full…

What do you think ?

https://hublottimer.d.pr/UTsEtB

I'm sorry but I can't figure out why it won't show the full image instead of just the link (even with img /img …)
I guess you will have to try it out first. 

The neat thing with phantoms (both reactor and premier) is that they do not induce any vibration towards their support.
That means that then the only thing that matters is the position in the room as well as whether there is a surface to reflect some of the frequencies or not.
This also allow you to do tests with simple stools for instance and see if you get a better sound than just having them on the same table as the TV.

Happy listening and installation.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France