Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gold vs Silver vs White...
Yes sir.

I select my image. I press Add Attachment and then nothing goes on. The page charges again and it’s like nothing happened at all. I don’t see my image nowhere...
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
(20-Oct-2019, 10:08)HublotTimer Wrote: Yes sir.

I select my image. I press Add Attachment and then nothing goes on. The page charges again and it’s like nothing happened at all. I don’t see my image nowhere...

I use my phone... that works for me...
2x Phantom Reactor 600 in stereo
Works on my iPad Pro ! You’re right. 

That’s one of the two Silvers a friend of mine kindly agreed to let me listen to...
That’s where all started !

(20-Oct-2019, 08:09)Jean-Marie Wrote: Do you have personal experience of such stand having any effect on a phantom? The

The reason I’m asking is that as much I can understand how they can be beneficial for a traditional speaker which does not have mechanical cancellation of forces generated by its bass driver, the phantoms do not generate any vibrations, thanks to the two woofers working in opposition. 

So what would be the use of the elaborated vibration absorption then?
Not a nice way to reply to a post by demanding personal experience as proof!

I own 3 pairs of Isoaccoustics stands, including a pair for my Golds. They are a cheap tweak that has improved both my home theatre and stereo setup. Must I always state my personal experience before my posts can be believed?
(20-Oct-2019, 11:49)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(20-Oct-2019, 08:09)Jean-Marie Wrote: Do you have personal experience of such stand having any effect on a phantom? The

The reason I’m asking is that as much I can understand how they can be beneficial for a traditional speaker which does not have mechanical cancellation of forces generated by its bass driver, the phantoms do not generate any vibrations, thanks to the two woofers working in opposition. 

Not a nice way to reply to a post by demanding personal experience as proof! 

I own 3 pairs of Isoaccoustics stands, including a pair for my Golds. They are a cheap tweak that has improved both my home theatre and stereo setup. Must I always state my personal experience before my posts can be believed?
Peace!
I’m just trying to understand. 
sorry if it sounded offensive, that was not my intention, therefore please accept my apologies if it sounded like it. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Men !

Why so harsh ? Keep it cool ! I believe that JM was asking "a personal experience" as a common expression not as if he was questioning your experience !

Do you have any link to good feet for my Phantoms ? If not, I'll buy the 150€ stands !
(20-Oct-2019, 08:09)Jean-Marie Wrote: The reason I’m asking is that as much I can understand how they can be beneficial for a traditional speaker which does not have mechanical cancellation of forces generated by its bass driver, the phantoms do not generate any vibrations, thanks to the two woofers working in opposition. 

Even with opposing woofers, there is still small vibrations in the Phantoms that can cause smearing of instruments.  It is not obvious until the Isoaccoustic stands are used.  I was using them for my home theatre speakers and decided to test them on the Phantoms.  Adding the stands reduced smearing and improved the clarity, with a small improvement in the sound stage.  Ended using the silver coloured Aperta 100 rather than the black coloured Iso range because black colour was clashing too much.  Could not tell a difference in sound even though Aperta was more expensive and was supposed to be an improvement over the Iso range used in professional audio.

Another advantage is they allow the Phantoms to be tilted to ear level, especially if on a low table.  I recommend a flat board between the Phantom and stand, otherwise the Phantom sits awkwardly and the 2 Phantoms are not at same angle.

Obviously, it cannot be used with Devialet stands but I believe the sound improvement is sufficient to convince some people to skip those.

This is a relative cheap tweak.  Even cheaper if black Iso is acceptable for Premier range, and ideal for the black Reactors.
To short it all : "YES, use stands", right ?

How much does it cost (I'm French, will use French sites but I just wanna have a general price idea from where you bought it) ?
(20-Oct-2019, 14:00)HublotTimer Wrote: Do you have any link to good feet for my Phantoms ? If not, I'll buy the 150€ stands !
It depends on whether looks are important.  The Phantom Reactor legs are cute! 

I am using a Triangle speaker stand, with Aperta 100 stand on top of speaker stand and Golds on top of Aperta 100.  I could experiment with the Isoacoustic stand because I needed them for my home theatre.  I believe a cheap stand plus Isoacoustic stand will sound better but not many people are doing it this way.  If you look at this thread, there were posts in 2015 but nothing until I posted.

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Anyone-t...ght=aperta

And going my way is more expensive.
I'm reading you linked post at the moment, many thanks.

I think I'll stick to the cute legs Devialet sells.
Wondering if I take them black or white… contrast or continuity… What do you think ? (Personal point of view).