Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gold vs Silver vs White...
(20-Oct-2019, 14:46)HublotTimer Wrote: To short it all : "YES, use stands", right ?

How much does it cost (I'm French, will use French sites but I just wanna have a general price idea from where you bought it) ?
Missed your new post.  Yes, I recommend stands because I am traditional and believe speakers must point to ear level. 

The Isoaccoustic stands are a bonus, price about the same worldwide.  You can read more here (website was down earlier).

http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/ape...es/aperta/

Will not be able to reply any more questions till later your day.
I've been reading the Cabasse forum and other HiFi forums. The amount of hate against our Devialet systems are just WoW !

It makes me laugh they are all talking about mid lack or too-bassy-systems and things like that.
We can achieve exactly the same sound quality with 2 Gold instead of amplifiers + pre-amplifiers + 2 gigantic speakers weighting 12kg each and obliterating windows and things like that for a fraction of the price.

I do not understand why "purist" HiFi people have such hate in them against those amazing and incredibly sounding systems. And I'm even talking about FRENCH people who should be proud of what a French company can achieve !
How many sound products can be found tagged "Made in France" ?! Damn, I'm so sorry for this. #NotInMyName !!
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
(20-Oct-2019, 18:51)HublotTimer Wrote: I've been reading the Cabasse forum and other HiFi forums. The amount of hate against our Devialet systems are just WoW !

It makes me laugh they are all talking about mid lack or too-bassy-systems and things like that.
We can achieve exactly the same sound quality with 2 Gold instead of amplifiers + pre-amplifiers + 2 gigantic speakers weighting 12kg each and obliterating windows and things like that for a fraction of the price.

I do not understand why "purist" HiFi people have such hate in them against those amazing and incredibly sounding systems. And I'm even talking about FRENCH people who should be proud of what a French company can achieve !
How many sound products can be found tagged "Made in France" ?! Damn, I'm so sorry for this. #NotInMyName !!
Most time and money sinking hobbies tends to be conservative. 
So when a new kid in the block shows up and puts in question how things have been done for decades, changes the price points, replaces or eliminate a significant number of components this threatens many things:
  1. The business of the eliminated components 
  2. The business of the components it competes against at a very different price point
  3. The truths and beliefs of people who have spent a lot of time and money in building the best system they can
So the natural defensive reaction is denial, dismissal and mockery. 

Believe it or not, but the audience of this forum, because they dared to follow their ears, are much more open to change and innovation than the majority of people in the audiophile arena, especially those who embarked early in the aventure, before Devialet became a major player in this industry. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(20-Oct-2019, 14:55)HublotTimer Wrote: I'm reading you linked post at the moment, many thanks.

I think I'll stick to the cute legs Devialet sells.
Wondering if I take them black or white… contrast or continuity… What do you think ? (Personal point of view).
It is personal choice. 

Also, if have partner, may need to consult. When I bought my Golds, partner said "wish they were black"  Sad
(20-Oct-2019, 18:51)HublotTimer Wrote: I've been reading the Cabasse forum and other HiFi forums. The amount of hate against our Devialet systems are just WoW !

Problem starts with Devialet marketing. People are told how powerful the bass is on a single Phantom. Reviewers then test one and all complain how expensive it is as a Bluetooth speaker which can go very loud.  There are also few stereo reviews.

The Phantom's shape is different and can put people off.

All this makes it easy for people to dismiss this funny looking French football as serious Hifi.  It is their loss because they do not know how easy it is to get a fantastic stereo system. No need to find components, no need to search what to upgrade next. We can sit back and enjoy the music..
Partner said I was crazy like F to buy two expensive speakers. But she also said that’s exactly what I am and I should always stay that way. I think that’s fine lol.
She isn’t ready for me buying two gold in a few months because I’m gonna deadly love them...

I still don’t get it. All you can read is people saying some bs like I went in a store, awful sound, no highs, expensive boombox JBL does it too. Or 2600 for mono is a joke it has no mic. There’s an hifi site in France with a topic about Phantom with more than 115 pages. At a point moderators has to shut down the topic because of insults and all. Ridiculous.
Who has the biggest...

And when I read this entire forum I was like, ok that’s what Devialet really is about ...

Love you all.
If I were buying today I’d get black with white stands.
I’ll try with my table only first. Then I’ll buy two stands and I may use my 2 weeks of try...
(20-Oct-2019, 23:17)HublotTimer Wrote: Partner said I was crazy like F to buy two expensive speakers. [...]
It is because she has not yet listened to them....  Angel
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(20-Oct-2019, 23:17)HublotTimer Wrote: Partner said I was crazy like F to buy two expensive speakers. But she also said that’s exactly what I am and I should always stay that way. I think that’s fine lol.
She isn’t ready for me buying two gold in a few months because I’m gonna deadly love them...

I still don’t get it. All you can read is people saying some bs like I went in a store, awful sound, no highs, expensive boombox JBL does it too. Or 2600 for mono is a joke it has no mic. There’s an hifi site in France with a topic about Phantom with more than 115 pages. At a point moderators has to shut down the topic because of insults and all. Ridiculous.
Who has the biggest...

And when I read this entire forum I was like, ok that’s what Devialet really is about ...

Love you all.

Many do not like change, and as such, a system like Devialet does bring them out of comfort. In addition, some people just rave with the mainstream, happy to have a voice in the internet. And finale, many people just dont know a lot Aboutaleb music. You would be surprised how many speak about neutral and so in without having a clue in how notes on an instrument should sound. So no worries, to each its own. You are gold ar Devialet! Cheers