Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Gold vs Silver vs White...
LoL, I still love reading you all !

I'm so satisfied to be able to join such a big family !
I feel really confident in my future listening !

I'm still pleased I have bought these two little guys but my main goal is still buying 2 Phantom Gold because, well...these are two PHANTOM GOLD !!
But for now I still feel that my room is either too small to accommodate with those two giants or too small not to disturb my neighbors.

My chief friend who agreed to let me listen to his stereo Silvers has an entire house he can put fire on !

Maybe when I'll move out in a new and bigger flat or when I'll buy my first house I'll be able to fully understand how powerful they are.

Right now I'm just enjoying every last moment I'm spending with my Sony HT-XF9000 (which is nice btw)...

Breaking : I'll be able to pick my two Reactors at the same time in fine. I wasn't expecting that. I will still try mono first !

XoXo.
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
(21-Oct-2019, 19:37)Stino Wrote: You would be surprised how many speak about neutral and so in without having a clue in how notes on an instrument should sound.
Very true.  Not many people know how an instrument sounds because they have never been to a concert in a proper concert hall. I use the concert hall sound as my benchmark.

I went from a very clean, detailed, accurate active speaker setup to Phantom Golds and had no problems appreciating its sound. The Golds had a much bigger soundstage.  Other people come from setups which are not neutral and then complain that the Phantoms are not good.  Also, people often listen to one Phantom only sitting in corner of shop. As we all know, a pair is much better.
I do find that the golds can be a very unforgiving speaker, as I think most fine speakers tend to be in my experience, but in these instances I am much more critical of, or disappointed in, the source material than the speaker itself. The golds are far from perfect to be sure, but I and my family, have enjoyed them like nothing else and I go through withdrawals when I am not able to enjoy them for more than a few days.
Guys.

Here we are.

(22-Oct-2019, 11:37)HublotTimer Wrote: Guys.

Here we are.
So we see you in 3 days time ?  Wink

It will take you that long to come out of heaven!  Cool Big Grin
I had to return to work before I could open them up !

Full test and installation tonight yay !
(22-Oct-2019, 13:08)HublotTimer Wrote: I had to return to work before I could open them up !

Full test and installation tonight yay !

Exiting isn't it?!?! Big Grin

Have fun unboxing and installing them!!

tip for installation:
-put the power cables in the same outlet
-while configuring the reactors, set them close together (like 20 cm) When pairing is done, you can put them on their listening spot.
-Press the right button (the connect button) for 6 sec on both speakers (the light will be green) before starting the Devialet app, to speed up the configuration

(I often take the speakers to friends to listen, so I did a lot of configurations)

Enjoy listening to all of your music... again!
You will hear details you never heard before!
2x Phantom Reactor 600 in stereo
Hey mate !!

Yes, VERY exciting !!
Still have a lot of MRI to look at but I'm looking at my Apple Watch a lot since I know my babies are waiting at home LoL !

I have questions about what you just said :
- Pardon my not-Wall Street-english but what do you mean when you say "in the same outlet" ?
- First I'll try mono and see what it would have been only paying 1.000€ instead of double ! But then I'll do you what you just said !
- For 6 seconds on each, but at the same time ?! Or one then the other one ? Stupid question might it be !

Yeah, I've already prepared a special Playlist : first on my HomePod which I know really well how it sounds then mono, then stereo LoL.

Can't wait to make a full review when music is live, again !!!
(22-Oct-2019, 15:30)HublotTimer Wrote: Hey mate !!

Yes, VERY exciting !!
Still have a lot of MRI to look at but I'm looking at my Apple Watch a lot since I know my babies are waiting at home LoL !

I have questions about what you just said :
- Pardon my not-Wall Street-english but what do you mean when you say "in the same outlet" ?
- First I'll try mono and see what it would have been only paying 1.000€ instead of double ! But then I'll do you what you just said !
- For 6 seconds on each, but at the same time ?! Or one then the other one ? Stupid question might it be !

Yeah, I've already prepared a special Playlist : first on my HomePod which I know really well how it sounds then mono, then stereo LoL.

Can't wait to make a full review when music is live, again !!!

No one speaker at the time, but both before configurating.
Im from the Netherlands trying to type in Englisch haha. Example outlet: see picture.
I like to see your playlist!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2x Phantom Reactor 600 in stereo