• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my 600 working they way I want it.
HP Pavilion laptop
Synology DS215 NAS drive
Virgin Superhub 3 Router
Devialet Phantom Reactor 600
FiiO M6 DAP
Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Headphones 

Music stored on NAS drive. Approximately 7000 songs. 
NAS drive connected to Router with ethernet cable. 
Phantom connected to Router with ethernet cable. 
Laptop connected to Router wirelessly. 
Laptop running JRiver Media Centre 22. 
iPhone or iPad running Devialet app to control volume of Phantom. 
FiiO M6 connected to Phantom using Bluetooth. 

Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2

Here’s what JRiver looks like running music randomly.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2

Running jRemote from my iPad to control jRiver on my laptop.
I can even adjust the volume and play/pause using my Apple watch

A far cry from my previous system.

Do you use one Phantom Reactor 600 currently?
Any plans to go stereo?

Could you compare the previous system with the Reactor, and the reason for switching?
(18-Feb-2020, 08:36)kapri81 Wrote: Do you use one Phantom Reactor 600 currently?
Any plans to go stereo?

Could you compare the previous system with the Reactor, and the reason for switching?

Hi Kapri, we were initially just looking for more space as our living room is quite small. It’s only about 4mx4m. I went to a single Silver Phantom which I then sold to buy an Astel&Kern Kann DAP. But i loved my phantom so I decided to look for another one then I realised they made a smaller Reactor. I auditioned it at the Bollo Store in Glasgow and was amazed at the sound for it’s small size. To be honest even 1 Reactor has more and deeper bass than the Nautilus 802s since the drivers were so stiff it took a lot of power to get them moving. They weren’t really house speakers. I’m not working at the moment but i may get another Reactor in the future for stereo , just have to sweet talk the wife. 

Here’s a pic of the Silver one i had a few years back.

Wow, that is astonishing (bass - Reactor vs Nautilus 802).
Did you miss anything (soundwise) compared to the Nautilus (apart from stereo)?
(18-Feb-2020, 11:09)kapri81 Wrote: Wow, that is astonishing (bass - Reactor vs Nautilus 802).
Did you miss anything (soundwise) compared to the Nautilus (apart from stereo)?

To be fair though I reckon the Nautilus would have sounded amazing if I had listened to them much louder. I had 2x 200w monoblocs running each one but I just didn’t listed loud enough to get the woofers moving to get the bass out. They used these in Abbey Road recording studio. With the Reactor i can get the nice low bass at low volume. I’ve got Katie Melua - 9 Million Bicycles in Beijing on just now at 35/100 volume and the side drivers on the Reactor are going nuts even at such low volume. Sounds fantastic. I love this thing. 

Here’s them at Abbey Road.

Great to hear that. Enjoy the music and sound!