Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gryphon Diablo 300 vs D440
Hello All,
Anyone have the opportunity to compare the integrated Gryphon Diablo 300 to the Devialet monos?  Was recently at a demo for the YG Haileys (astonishingly good!) driven by the Diablo.  Sound was enticing so trying to qualify the influence of the amp on this performance.  Will get back to the showroom with my D440 in tow but would welcome any opinions or comments.
Best
I own 800 with YGs and it’s phenomenal. Never heard the gryphon integrated but been told it’s also good combo with the YGs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(10-Sep-2018, 21:32)no32 Wrote: I own 800 with YGs and it’s phenomenal. Never heard the gryphon integrated but been told it’s also good combo with the YGs

echoes my brief experience with the Haileys at the demo...just so powerful and articulate.  Which one do you have?  Thinking seriously considering of selling my Magico and moving to these.
(11-Sep-2018, 02:09)Wdw Wrote: echoes my brief experience with the Haileys at the demo...just so powerful and articulate.  Which one do you have?  Thinking seriously considering of selling my Magico and moving to these.

Wow, it must have been quite a persuasive demo.... I meant to go to that demo as well, but weekend days are full. And I'm not really needing another temptation.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
My first were Sonja...

(11-Sep-2018, 02:18)no32 Wrote: My first were Sonja... now I have XV

ouch!...they must sound incredible....and just driving them with a 1000?
(11-Sep-2018, 02:50)Wdw Wrote:

With 800. And don’t say just ! The results are much better than many way more expensive amplification I tried
I never listen to 1000 at home ... I’ve been told several times it’s superior to the 800.

(11-Sep-2018, 02:54)no32 Wrote:
(11-Sep-2018, 02:50)Wdw Wrote:

With 800. And don’t say just ! The results are much better than many way more expensive amplification I tried
I never listen to 1000 at home ...  I’ve been told several times it’s superior to the 800.

@no32 never intended to disparage the 800.  That’s a lot of speaker to drive so shows what Devialet easily can do.
@Damon...yes, just totally restless and dissatisfied after that demo...came home and gave a swift kick to the Magicos...... Dodgy