Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone listened to Mcintoch RS200?
Just read a review on Mcintosh RS200 and wanted to know if anyone has listened to it. How does it compare with 2 white Phantoms in stereo?
(06-Sep-2019, 04:31)Jon Wrote: Just read a review on Mcintosh RS200 and wanted to know if anyone has listened to it. How does it compare with 2 white Phantoms in stereo?
Jon, I have not heard it but hoping to generate some conversation I am curious to know why would you consider comparing it to a pair of phantom whites versus anything else?  Seems too much of an apple to oranges comparison to be of much use.  That said, what’s the difference between the RS200 and RS100?
(11-Sep-2019, 18:35)JDtheJD Wrote:
(06-Sep-2019, 04:31)Jon Wrote: Just read a review on Mcintosh RS200 and wanted to know if anyone has listened to it. How does it compare with 2 white Phantoms in stereo?
Jon, I have not heard it but hoping to generate some conversation I am curious to know why would you consider comparing it to a pair of phantom whites versus anything else?  Seems too much of an apple to oranges comparison to be of much use.  That said, what’s the difference between the RS200 and RS100?
Rs200 is 2 channel -I think RS100 is just mono - I agree not an apples to apples comparison. My question really is just because I have 3 phantoms - 2 set up for Stereo listening and - 1 hooked up to TV.
I want to get stereo sound for the TV so either need to get 1 more phantom or maybe look into RS200 for TV viewing only. RS200 would fit my TV viewing set up better but not many reviews that talk about sound quality.
I see. Well I sadly do not have much to offer except to say that given your budget and purpose you have a myriad of options. The concern I have with phantoms would be syncing issues but in any case keep us posted on how you moved forward.
Mcintoch RS200 Vs the Phantom Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=646asi27xRI
Please excuse my poor reputation
(15-Sep-2019, 18:45)daibaron Wrote: Mcintoch RS200 Vs the Phantom Gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=646asi27xRI
Yes saw that but can't speak Thia.  Wink