Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone used the repair/replace option with Devialet?
I've been quoted $1690 + sh to have my out of warranty Gold replaced and wanted to get feedback from those that have done this. Was it a mint refurb unit or a brand new one? If so, do they give you the latest and greatest or a swap for whatever model version yours was?

And does anyone know how long you have to take advantage of it, does the replacement offer expire after a certain amount of time?
(08-Jul-2020, 12:30)BulldogsRus Wrote: I've been quoted $1690 + sh to have my out of warranty Gold replaced and wanted to get feedback from those that have done this. Was it a mint refurb unit or a brand new one? If so, do they give you the latest and greatest or a swap for whatever model version yours was?

And does anyone know how long you have to take advantage of it, does the replacement offer expire after a certain amount of time?
Hi there,
For my knowledge, what was the problem that lead for the replacement/quote?
I had one of my two Golds replaced under warranty, and they did a nice job with it. They sent me a seemingly brand-new one with a serial number indicating recent manufacture. This was a couple years ago, so they might have changed their practice since then. They also sent me a box to return the old one, and it went very easily.
(08-Jul-2020, 12:42)rsemedo Wrote:
(08-Jul-2020, 12:30)BulldogsRus Wrote: I've been quoted $1690 + sh to have my out of warranty Gold replaced and wanted to get feedback from those that have done this. Was it a mint refurb unit or a brand new one? If so, do they give you the latest and greatest or a swap for whatever model version yours was?

Hi there,
I had accidentally dropped it from about a foot up off the floor when I was moving it at our lake house and it dented both the tweeter piece and side woofer causing slight distortion. I truly wish they offered an "outdoor" type version that wasn't as delicate like say a Diamondboxx XL2 as the sound outside is quite impressive. But even with the carrying case I'm always worried something would happen to it, and sure enough it did!
Yes they are a real PITA to move about, an integral handle would make life a lot easier.
(09-Jul-2020, 13:22)BulldogsRus Wrote:
(08-Jul-2020, 12:42)rsemedo Wrote:

Hi there,
I had accidentally dropped it from about a foot up off the floor when I was moving it at our lake house and it dented both the tweeter piece and side woofer causing slight distortion. I truly wish they offered an "outdoor" type version that wasn't as delicate like say a Diamondboxx XL2 as the sound outside is quite impressive. But even with the carrying case I'm always worried something would happen to it, and sure enough it did!
Thank you for the info. I've been planning buying a 2nd Gold, but I've kids going around and I'm always concerned.... wanted to understand my options in case a disaster happens.... :-)
(09-Jul-2020, 23:43)rsemedo Wrote:
(09-Jul-2020, 13:22)BulldogsRus Wrote:
(08-Jul-2020, 12:42)rsemedo Wrote: Hi there,
Thank you for the info. I've been planning buying a 2nd Gold, but I've kids going around and I'm always concerned.... wanted to understand my options in case a disaster happens.... :-)
A pair of Geckos sorted my problems with kids vs Phantom. Highly recommended.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage