Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I play FLAC files from my NAS
Hi
My set up is below. I am trying to see if I can play my music from my NAS drive to cut out the CLIC. I am keen to hear some music going directly though the 200.
So far not having much luck. I have downloaded JRiver and it has taken all my music files from my I tunes not my NAS drive. There are inferior MP3 files so no good to hear the capabilities of the 200.
My NAS is a QNAP and apparently I cant play music direct from it with a USB, unlike Synology drives

I dont really want this to cost me too much money if anything at all as at this stage I am just exploring the possibilities.

Anyone point me in the right direction? Any guidance as always appreciated.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
In short, point JRiver to your music folder/share/drive on you NAS. Install the Devialet AIR app and tell your PC/Mac to use the AIR app in stead of the default soundcard.

Configure your Devialet to use Ethernet or wireless.

That's about it.
I'm wondering, isn't your dealer available to guide you through all this? Seeing the number of threads you already opened here you could benefit from a home visit from your dealer to help with the install
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Yes I may ask him to do this. Problem is I am up in the NE of England and the dealer is not really local.

Trouble is my JRiver did not give me a choice of where to get my music from...it automatically used I tunes library.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
I guess the iTunes music folder is only the default one used by JRiver. In the JRiver setup you can ad new libraries with a different pathway. I guess it will be

\\QNAP\music

Try if it will work for you. Then later you can delete the JRiver library that is refering to the iTunes music.

Good luck ChM
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Assuming your NAS is visible on your network, you should be able to browse for it in the JRiver library options.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Hi, you could as a backup plan try foobar, it is free , it is ugly but easy to use...

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Ok I have deleted the I tunes Library from JRiver .....now adding the FLAC files on the NAS. This could take a little while.
(17-Mar-2015, 11:13)Eddye Wrote: In short, point JRiver to your music folder/share/drive on you NAS. Install the Devialet AIR app and tell your PC/Mac to use the AIR app in stead of the default soundcard.

Configure your Devialet to use Ethernet or wireless.

That's about it.
I'm wondering, isn't your dealer available to guide you through all this? Seeing the number of threads you already opened here you could benefit from a home visit from your dealer to help with the install

If I instruct my laptop to use the air app instead of my soundcard then will this not stop it playing any sound at all? Like I say this is a work lap top and used for webinars etc.

Would i be able to unplug the ethernt cable from the NAS that currently feeds the CLIC.,and connect this in to the 200?

Sorry for all the questions but there is absolutely no guidance on how to do this. Still not sure how I will get the music to play....is this with the Dev Air app too?
OK I am so close now so not giving up Smile

Jriver has now synced all my FLAC files from the NAS.

I have downloaded the Dev AIR app to my lap top. ........but it does not open??.......tried many times.

I have plugged the ethernet cable from the back of my NAS into the back of the 200.?? I presumed this was what I had to do.

When I play a music file from within the JRIVER it just plays on laptop. Does lap top need to be hard wired to 200??........
Frustrated again.

I thought the 200 was also a streamer? Am I missing something here? Why do I need JRiver if the 200 is a streamer too.