Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to get solid stereo
Just got 2 600s and got them set up. The process was straight-forward and painless. However I cannot get a 100% reliable connection between them. I am using mini Toslink from PC and they are plugged into the same power strip with nothing else connected to this strip.

It's mostly stable but sometimes it twitches and the stereo image is lost (both keep playing but image is not centered, but e.g. vocals come from mainly one side). Switching to another source and back solves this and the image jumps back into place. Still, if I can't get a reliable connection that would be a deal breaker for me.

I thought one could link them together via ethernet cable like the KEF LSX but the ethernet ports are solely mentioned as a way to connect to the local network instead of connecting two Reactors for stereo.

Anybody got a hot tip for me?

P.S. sound is fantastic (when working..)
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
If you have not done so, suggest contacting Devialet support. There is likely a bug in the software.

Also, have you tried using UPnP, bluetooth or Airplay into the Reactors? Maybe the problem is the optical input?
May also be an issue where R/L sync is switched from PLC to wifi for some reason (and back when you do the input switch routine). Like Snoopy says, sounds like a bug. Can you try connecting both speakers to your network with ethernet cable? I believe ethernet will be preferred over wifi and PLC for sync.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I also believe ethernet is used for syncing.
Cool, will try ethernet and report back!
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Not the greatest solution but I have pretty much the exact same setup as you and what I ended up doing was right-click your volume icon is windows —> sound —> playback devices —> select your audio device properties—> levels —> balance and from there I lower the right speaker volume a few notches and/or increase the left speaker volume (or whichever speaker is lower). Seems to work ok for me but once again not the best solution.
I can assure you that you can connect two reactors with an Ethernet cable directly and that will be used to transport the audio streams. Synchronisation issues may occur over a long period of time. Switching sources simply restarts the sync process between the two devices.
Thanks for your 2 cents guys. @Ryu79 definitely a situation I wouldn't live with, considering these are 1000€ premium products from a Hifi manufacturer. Sync should work flawlessly 100% of the time imo.
@raph972 that's great to hear. Is this based on your own finding or did you find any official documentation about it?

So far I connected (1) of the Reactors to my router because I only had one spare ethernet cable and had to order 1 more. Funny thing is I don't have sync issues since even the one cable is connected to the router..
O
(01-Jun-2019, 04:06)raph972 Wrote: I can assure you that you can connect two reactors with an Ethernet cable directly and that will be used to transport the audio streams.

Are you saying you can connect them together with a cable? With one cable, no switch or router)
@WesCrackin I know that for sure because I wrote the code that handles that.
@booshtukka yes, no need for a router any regular Ethernet cable connected directly to each Reactor will do