Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How to get solid stereo
(18-Dec-2019, 12:36)DesertEagleAZ Wrote: Got my two new 600s. 

Dodgy

Now my issue is that any stereo pairing results in the right speaker not playing any sound. I've tried to 
  • switch channels in the Devialet App
  • block L/R channels via Roon DSP
  • use native iOS AirPlay to the pair
  • resetting both Reactors (thrice by now)
  • restarting my router
  • using Bluetooth (same issue!)
  • play individually to both speakers via AirPlay when not paired, which works fine
  • switching the preferred network connection from WiFi to PLC to Auto
  • make sure both devices are up to date (2.8.0 shows as the latest)
  • a different power outlet.
My home wifi is a rock-solid AC-setup and the router is 3 meters away from the Reactors. Considering a Bluetooth connection leads to the same problem I would assume this is not network-related at all.

What I do now is play to both speakers grouped via Roon + AirPlay while muting the unnecessary channel, respectively, via DSP. This will be my personal solution until this issue has been fixed. I've reached out to Devialet support, curious what they will have to say  Sleepy
Hi, those are exactly the problems I’ve had. For some reason I got the to pair again after numerous restarts and resets of the speakers...suddenly it worked but I have absolutely no clue why they paired. I do hope that they release a new firmware soon. 

Have you tried restarting both speakers and starting the left one 30 seconds before the right one. I think it was the last thing i tried. But its not very satisfying not knowing whats wrong. 

Ive got both speakers connected with ethernet which makes it much more stable...

I wish you the best with your incredible speakers...

Dodgy

Now my issue is that any stereo pairing results in the right speaker not playing any sound. I've tried to 
  • restarting my router
  • play individually to both speakers via AirPlay when not paired, which works fine
My home wifi is a rock-solid AC-setup and the router is 3 meters away from the Reactors. Considering a Bluetooth connection leads to the same problem I would assume this is not network-related at all.

What I do now is play to both speakers grouped via Roon + AirPlay while muting the unnecessary channel, respectively, via DSP. This will be my personal solution until this issue has been fixed. I've reached out to Devialet support, curious what they will have to say  Sleepy
Hi, those are exactly the problems I’ve had. For some reason I got the to pair again after numerous restarts and resets of the speakers...suddenly it worked but I have absolutely no clue why they paired. I do hope that they release a new firmware soon. 

Have you tried restarting both speakers and starting the left one 30 seconds before the right one. I think it was the last thing i tried. But its not very satisfying not knowing whats wrong. 

Ive got both speakers connected with ethernet which makes it much more stable...

Thank you. I’ve since lost hope and replaced the pair with another that I’ve gotten an amazing deal, sealed & new, on. The two new 600s paired without issue :-) The other pair went back to the store I’ve gotten them from.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
Glad you got it sorted. Happy listening!

I decided to watch Tomb Raider on my pair last night. Pretty good for watching films even at 50% volume.

Some of the explosions you can really feel in your chest.

I don't know if they have as much clout as my BK XXLS400 subwoofer, but they are amazing and I seem to be listening to them more than my home AV system - especially for music.
Living Room: Devialet Dione
Thanks!! They are awesome and the very specific listening position does wonders for perceived sound quality. Very happy with the purchase.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(23-Dec-2019, 17:44)kg.fredrik.klein Wrote:

Dodgy

• restarting my router

I  have had the same problem after a power outage only one reactor had sound.  After linking them with an ethernet cable (thanks to raph advice) and rebooting I got them as a stereo pair again. 
Then after many tries one day I unplugged them and replugged them without the ethernet cable and it worked again... No problem since then. I keep the ethernet cable ready just in case...
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
Short update from my side. My Reactors have been working without issues for a longer time now.
I had extensive contact with Devialet service on the matter (which I hope all of you had as well).

I would love be able to put my finger on the culprit and to report that my problems were solved based on a solution provided by them but „unfortunately“ this is not the case. In fact it seems completely random to me.. At one point out of the blue they stopped working correctly and at another point they started working correctly again. Bizarre but true.

I am still running 2 ethernet cables, 1 from each speaker to the router. Also both are connected to the same power strip.
5 Hail Marys with extra Ave Marias and you should be good to go.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Strange. Keep us updated.

Where I use my reactors for PC I turn them off after I use them and they work fine (I've never had a problem).

Hopefully some software updates will fix this issue.

I really like how the reactors work wirelessly without the dialogue. Maybe Devialet will make the premier range wireless Stereo in 2020?
They already did Smile
ah ok! Super!