Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Innuos Zenith ripper/streamer
(28-Dec-2018, 23:58)…GuillaumeB Wrote:
(28-Dec-2018, 23:38)Haas Wrote: I have ordred an Innuos Statement in november and the expected shipping date is the 14th of January. It’s going to replace my old Aurender X100L - I am really looking forward to receive the unit and get started with the transferring of 3500 albums to the statement - it’s going to be a blast ?

Congrats! I was very impressed with the Statement at Munich. Would love to test one here at some point.

Cheers,

Guillaume

Thank you!

I had the oppertunity to spend some time with the Statement at the hifi show in Copenhagen in october and I was also very impressed with the Sound and the unit itself. It was only a prototype but the stuff inside was the final version. Ant from Innuos made some A/B tests e.g. music played from Tidal and the same music from the statement and other comparisons. There was no doubt - the Statement is a killer
Devialet Expert 250 PRO Core, Innuos Statement 4TB, Primare BD32 Disc Player,  Stenheim Alumine Three, Tellurium Q Cables

Smoerum, Denmark
Congratulations With the statement , i have zen mrk 3 , and 500 cd In the maschine, i sit In my sofa control innuios With IPeng ,work perfect .
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(29-Dec-2018, 00:31)Finn Wrote: Congratulations With the statement , i have zen mrk 3 , and 500 cd  In the maschine, i sit In my sofa control innuios With IPeng ,work perfect .

Have you tried your Innuos with Roon or do you only use Ipeng?

Ant from Innuos who were at the hifi show in Copenhagen did recommend Ipeng instead of Roon but I like Roon. I have Ipeng so time will tell which remote I prefer for the Statement
Devialet Expert 250 PRO Core, Innuos Statement 4TB, Primare BD32 Disc Player,  Stenheim Alumine Three, Tellurium Q Cables

Smoerum, Denmark
(29-Dec-2018, 20:08)Haas Wrote:
(29-Dec-2018, 00:31)Finn Wrote: Congratulations With the statement , i have zen mrk 3 , and 500 cd  In the maschine, i sit In my sofa control innuios With IPeng ,work perfect .

Have you tried your Innuos with Roon or do you only use Ipeng?

Ant from Innuos who were at the hifi show in Copenhagen did recommend Ipeng instead of Roon but I like Roon. I have Ipeng so time will tell which remote I prefer for the Statement

I have used both with the INNUOS - IPeng and Roon. For me IPeng is no solution. The INNUOS is really good, but IPeng is for me like many other universal apps - not more than a compromise solution. It’s no pleasure for me to use the INNUOS with IPeng. For me it’s not understandable to build a high quality device for a lot of money and than I should use third party apps for less than 10 EUR to control the device. The control software
is very important and I have had no fun with IPeng, so I used the INNUOS increasingly rare with IPeng. My family has never used IPeng, because they didn’t like the UI and it was to complicated. Now I switched back to ROON and have fun again with the INNUOS and all other ROON ready devices or ROON compatible endpoints (KEF, AirPlay or Sonos devices f.e.).

If you do not like ROON, I would use Audirvana via UPnP.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
So I'm new to all this since Qobuz is now on Roon:

Options seem to be:

1. Innuos ZenMini Mk III +2TB SSD + LPSU = £1,448

2. Zen Mk III + 2TB SSD = £1,999

3. Roon Nucleus + power supply + 2TB SSD = £2,400

4. Small Green Computer Server + 2TB SSD + SBooster = $1,600 (cheaper to import even with VAT/duty)

????
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(25-Jan-2019, 08:09)ssfas Wrote: So I'm new to all this since Qobuz is now on Roon:

Options seem to be:

1. Innuos ZenMini Mk III +2TB SSD + LPSU                 = £1,448

2. Zen Mk III + 2TB SSD                                            = £1,999

3. Roon Nucleus + power supply + 2TB SSD                 = £2,400

4. Small Green Computer Server + 2TB SSD + SBooster = $1,600   (cheaper to import even with VAT/duty)

????

I bought a SonicTransporter with 1GB SSD from Small Green Computer a year or two ago and have always been very pleased with this. I bought a cheapish PSU from MCRU to go with it, not that I'm sure it ever made much of a difference but it was inexpensive. My ST sits in my study next to a switch, and then it's 20M of Cat7 to my listening room switch. It feeds off a completely separate electrical circuit.

I have been considering going to the latest i5 or even i7 which would give me more DSP options, but what I have now works great. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(25-Jan-2019, 14:40)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(25-Jan-2019, 08:09)ssfas Wrote: So I'm new to all this since Qobuz is now on Roon:

Options seem to be:

1. Innuos ZenMini Mk III +2TB SSD + LPSU                 = £1,448

2. Zen Mk III + 2TB SSD                                            = £1,999

3. Roon Nucleus + power supply + 2TB SSD                 = £2,400

4. Small Green Computer Server + 2TB SSD + SBooster = $1,600   (cheaper to import even with VAT/duty)

????

I bought a SonicTransporter with 1GB SSD from Small Green Computer a year or two ago and have always been very pleased with this. I bought a cheapish PSU from MCRU to go with it, not that I'm sure it ever made much of a difference but it was inexpensive. My ST sits in my study next to a switch, and then it's 20M of Cat7 to my listening room switch. It feeds off a completely separate electrical circuit.

I have been considering going to the latest i5 or even i7 which would give me more DSP options, but what I have now works great. 

Guillaume
I looked at the ST carefully, but spoke to Innuos and have chosen to go with the Zen Mk 3. It has a much better interface, two internal linear power supplies, everything is focused on low noise, in particular an ethernet output that goes direct to the Devialet Expert Pro input. It does not have to go via an access point/switch at all. It has enough processing capacity, but not overkill, so will be running at the lowest reasonable level so the lowest noise level as well. 
Their view is that things like upsampling to levels like DSD256 generates heat and noise and probably creates more problems that it solves.  
The ST with 2TB SSD and an external SBooster LPSU was listed as only 10% cheaper. In fact it was cheaper to import it to the UK from the USA.

An i7 can probably stream to 8 locations while downloading at the same time. I would rarely have more than one going at any time.

The access point is fed by a 25m CAT5e (I think) cable from the modem.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
[/quote]
I looked at the ST carefully, but spoke to Innuos and have chosen to go with the Zen Mk 3. It has a much better interface, two internal linear power supplies, everything is focused on low noise, in particular an ethernet output that goes direct to the Devialet Expert Pro input. It does not have to go via an access point/switch at all. It has enough processing capacity, but not overkill, so will be running at the lowest reasonable level so the lowest noise level as well. 
Their view is that things like upsampling to levels like DSD256 generates heat and noise and probably creates more problems that it solves.  
The ST with 2TB SSD and an external SBooster LPSU was listed as only 10% cheaper. In fact it was cheaper to import it to the UK from the USA.

An i7 can probably stream to 8 locations while downloading at the same time. I would rarely have more than one going at any time.

The access point is fed by a 25m CAT5e (I think) cable from the modem.
[/quote]

Why do you want to use the ethernet output to the Devialet ? I remember that Innuos recommends the USB connection.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
Why do you want to use the ethernet output to the Devialet ? I remember that Innuos recommends the USB connection.
[/quote]

I don't know about USB vs ethernet with the Innuos but I've got an Antipodes and Antipodes also recommend USB. I use ethernet. I think it sounds better. I'm not saying that I think USB from my Antipodes sounds bad, it sounds good but it doesn't sound as good to me as ethernet from the Antipodes does.

I have no idea why ethernet should sound better. I don't know whether it's something to do with USB vs ethernet output on my Antipodes or something to do with USB vs ethernet input on the Devialet or a bit of both. One possible reason is that using the Roon version of Devialet's AIR protocol works better for some reason than using the USB driver that the Antipodes uses and whatever data transfer protocol is involved with USB. Whatever the reason, there is a difference between the two and I prefer ethernet.

I'll add that by using ethernet I have to use a switch between the Antipodes and the Devialet and if at all possible I'd like to eliminate the switch as a potential noise source. I can eliminate the switch if I use the USB connection to the Devialet and I've done it several times, removed the switch each time, and after a record or two I end up going back to the switch and ethernet. I'd love to have one less power cord in the setup, especially one using a cheap wall wart power supply, but I seem to be stuck with it at the moment.

I'm waiting for Devialet to release the firmware update that makes the CI amps Roon Ready and lets us use RAAT instead of AIR to see if that changes anything. Roon say that RAAT allows Roon to communicate with USB DACs so perhaps I'll get better results with USB when we get that update, but I may also get better results with ethernet and still end up preferring it. I would like to prefer USB but so far every time I do the comparison ethernet keeps winning.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
The INNUOS has a complete isolated USB output. On the other hand, they are the opinion that every ethernet connection is polluted by the network traffic, so the USB output shall always be the "cleaner" way. In addition they are the opinion, that the better way is core and player in one device (because so you can avoid further network traffic).