Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the upgrade service still available?
Have a 5-year old 120 which I'd like to upgrade

The web page invites you to send an email to customercare@devialet.com

Sent the first email on 16th Nov and two follow ups

Receive an auto-responder each time but nothing more

Do Devialet have an extended Christmas break, or is covid affecting their operation?
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
I’d say they are suffering from Covid effects. I know that the update program is in function since one friend updated his D250 last December.

Book an update on the webbsite and Devialet will take it from there...
Good luck!
//Björn

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
There does not seem to be a specific link to book an upgrade

However, there is a phone number with a UK prefix, so I’ll try it tomorrow. My French is pretty poor

Thanks
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(24-Jan-2021, 15:14)chrisc Wrote: Have a 5-year old 120 which I'd like to upgrade

The web page invites you to send an email to customercare@devialet.com

Sent the first email on 16th Nov and two follow ups

Receive an auto-responder each time but nothing more

Do Devialet have an extended Christmas break, or is covid affecting their operation?

Hi Chris,
My Devialet 200 left my home one week ago and shall come back in a week as a Devialet 220PRO. Very good service through UPS. However website is OK to get information but the best solution is a phone call to talk with someone (You have a list on the site depending where you ara located). You get every information you need and your contact create the PO (you need to be registered of course). Pretty easy.
A quick answer is no.

They referred me to a local agent who quoted a 90% premium on the €2990 price quoted on the website

A completely disinterested person on the phone, kept me on hold for 15 mins

Was a waste of time speaking to them
Well that's a bit off given that they are still advertising the upgrade programme and the terms and conditions say it will run until the end of 2021. Did they give a reason why?

It's also disappointing that your local agent wants a 90% markup, I did the upgrade through my dealer here in the UK and the cost was exactly the same as the website quoted price.
Seems a bit strange. I know that they can be very slow on answering e-mails, if they answer at all. However, I did my upgrade by calling them. I would try calling them again.

Good luck
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
An extremely snooty lady answered the phone.  She said that the price is for customers living in continental Europe and all other customers are directed to a local agent

When I said the local agent quoted a 90% premium on their advertised price, she said that was beyond their control

With that, she said there was nothing more to help me with and cut the call

I have no interest whatever in dealing with people like that
@chrisc
I assume your D120 is registered with Devialet. On their website, when you log in, are you not able to find your amp, and then navigate to the upgrade option as an 'order' with a list of your equipment? There would only be one amp/ product. I know that is not a very clear description of the sequence, but I did my upgrade that way.

I've also always understood that the upgrade included shipping and insurance for pick up and return, as well as customs paperwork (though that was handled by the courier company, and they were a bit clumsy at it). I have never seen anything limiting the upgrade to continental Europe.

Things may have changed but I hope not. And it is really disappointing to hear of the customer service performance and attitude. Generally I've had very good responses from them, although my last enquiry about AIR was not well handled. Personally, I'd write again asking for instructions or help using the website to do the upgrade. I see no point in using a dealer to do this.

Good luck with the upgrade. It is a remarkable and wonderful product.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Oh yes, the amp is on their list

There is no order facility. You are invited to send an email, nothing more. The dismissive attitude of the person I spoke to put me right off

I am not going to pursue this further