Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isolation pucks
(19-Oct-2016, 23:56)alandbush Wrote:
(19-Oct-2016, 11:18)Axel Wrote: Three are always considered better than four as it is impossible for three to rock or wobble. (It's why milking stools always have three legs).

(19-Oct-2016, 11:31)octaviars Wrote: I use Ansuz Darkz D-TC, two in the front and one in the back. As you say one in the back may cause the amp to tillt if the cables pull it down but that is no problem with my amps.
If this is the best position I dont know but my dealer recommended this placment so I went with that.

Now I am confused  Huh

Dont be confused.  

The amp cant wobble with three points of contact even if the shelf is uneven. If you have four it might not put equaly much force on all feets. 

But if you have one foot in the middle at the back of the amp ( two in the front) and for say one really heavy powercable in the left corner at the back pulling down that might cause the amp to tillt down in that corner but likely this wont happen.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Last week I read a report on the homepage "The Audiophile Man" of new isolation feed, "DF DAMPING ISOLATION FEET FROM SOUNDECK"! Since the price is not high, I ordered a set, after 5 days the parts arrived. I installed and tested the parts under the Devialet. What immediately struck was more quiet in the background, less noise floor and more precision in the instruments. I only tested for a short time, longer test follows. I have already tested other feet for a price that is only marginal changes. At the price until I'm really surprised !! Wink

https://theaudiophileman.com/damping-df-...-soundeck/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I used the IsoAccoustic one, I say zero difference.

In my case it’s a waste of money.
(03-Aug-2020, 13:35)K4680 Wrote: Last week I read a report on the homepage "The Audiophile Man" of new isolation feed, "DF DAMPING ISOLATION FEET FROM SOUNDECK"! Since the price is not high, I ordered a set, after 5 days the parts arrived. I installed and tested the parts under the Devialet. What immediately struck was more quiet in the background, less noise floor and more precision in the instruments. I only tested for a short time, longer test follows. I have already tested other feet for a price that is only marginal changes. At the price until I'm really surprised !! Wink

Thanks. Is it possible for you to place them under your speaker? And then place your phone on top of the speaker running either Seismometer or Seismograph app. Then thump the floor like shown in the link below. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPXJDdwtk4
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(03-Aug-2020, 22:54)sam1000 Wrote:
(03-Aug-2020, 13:35)K4680 Wrote: Last week I read a report on the homepage "The Audiophile Man" of new isolation feed, "DF DAMPING ISOLATION FEET FROM SOUNDECK"! Since the price is not high, I ordered a set, after 5 days the parts arrived. I installed and tested the parts under the Devialet. What immediately struck was more quiet in the background, less noise floor and more precision in the instruments. I only tested for a short time, longer test follows. I have already tested other feet for a price that is only marginal changes. At the price until I'm really surprised !! Wink

Thanks. Is it possible for you to place them under your speaker? And then place your phone on top of the speaker running either Seismometer or Seismograph app. Then thump the floor like shown in the link below. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPXJDdwtk4

Hi sam1000, due to the experience with the set under the devialet I have ordered additional feet! Actually, you can easily understand the test, DF set on the floor, the cell phone on it, the other cell phone directly on the floor! Let's see what the result is!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(04-Aug-2020, 11:13)K4680 Wrote: Hi sam1000, due to the experience with the set under the devialet I have ordered additional feet! Actually, you can easily understand the test, DF set on the floor, the cell phone on it, the other cell phone directly on the floor! Let's see what the result is!

Nice move.
I´m , we are, waiting for news from you and those feet under the Dev.
Good luck.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
@K4680, I want to use them with my speakers. Given the size and the weight of speakers, I was a little unsure. But, your test should also work with just the phone on them. Thanks for your help!
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I am curious if they work under speakers as well as under the Dev. Will you try that?
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
M
(04-Aug-2020, 17:34)frejo Wrote: I am curious if they work under speakers as well as under the Dev. Will you try that?

Hi, as soon as the new set arrives, I will carry out the test and report!  Under the Dev have been doing their best for a few days !! Rolleyes
Germany / Bavaria
Hello, yesterday ordered another set of DF feet (square)! I received a message from the supplier today, due to enormous demand, currently not available! Sad
Germany / Bavaria