Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE
I've heard three different reasons that Devialet say is causing the over voltage.

1. It's your electrics that are at fault.
2. When your amp comes in to have the CI board fitted, there is a fix needed on the motherboard.
3. There is a fix in the next firmware update.

So no matter what they tell you, not much of it is likely to be true.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(11-Aug-2017, 10:51)Axel Wrote: I've heard three different reasons that Devialet say is causing the over voltage.

2. When your amp comes in to have the CI board fitted, there is a fix needed on the motherboard.

Could you please elaborate on:
>> 2. When your amp comes in to have the CI board fitted, there is a fix needed on the motherboard.
When (and for which scenario) did Devialet reply with this suggestion?
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
(18-Aug-2017, 15:11)AlexS Wrote:
(11-Aug-2017, 10:51)Axel Wrote: I've heard three different reasons that Devialet say is causing the over voltage.

>> 2. When your amp comes in to have the CI board fitted, there is a fix needed on the motherboard.
This wasn't quoted directly to me. Another member mentioned it in one of his posts.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(19-Aug-2017, 01:12)Axel Wrote:
(18-Aug-2017, 15:11)AlexS Wrote:

This wasn't quoted directly to me. Another member mentioned it in one of his posts.
I think was pure speculation from me, since then they seem to have firmed up the firmware fix.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I know we're awaiting a FW fix in October, for the overvoltage fault.
But has anyone with this problem been able to remediate it by using a Voltage stabilizer/regulator, or such?
Trying to cover my bases, in case the FW fix does not help.
There´s a first time for all of us.
Now happens to me: A 4098 Over voltage appears at my 220 Pro after a small period of silence.
Nothing to be affraid of, right? Just wait for the next firmware.
(08-Oct-2017, 21:20)BoyScout Wrote: There´s a first time for all of us.
Now happens to me: A 4098 Over voltage appears at my 220 Pro after a small period of silence.

Yes, nothing to worry about. The short silence is caused by the amps protection mode kicking in, according to Devialet. It’s happened to me several times now, but never caused any problems.
South Coast England
(08-Oct-2017, 21:20)BoyScout Wrote: There´s a first time for all of us.

Right, nothing to be afraid of, just something to be annoyed at... Wink
Could this be related to mains filtering? Has this happened to anyone if the amps are directly connected to the wall outlets?
(26-Oct-2017, 00:21)Rama Wrote: Could this be related to mains filtering? Has this happened to anyone if the amps are directly connected to the wall outlets?

I don’t use any mains filtering. It happened to me again three times in an hour. No idea what’s causing it, but I read this
 from the ADH page on the Devialet website:

In addition, microprocessor control of each amplification channel ensures their constant auto-calibration, as well as limitless protection against all of the following potential hazards: overvoltages, overloads, power pulses, thermal events.
South Coast England