Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
@David A The Signal path didn't show any of this unless the adjustment was in use (apart from volume). I did not discover it until several weeks after I got my amplifier back from the CI upgrade. Normally I do not use Signal path very often. Maybe you simply did not notice?
I think the 130 and 250 used the same streamer board so it is unlikely to be different between models. It can of course be a Roon change in AIR that affects this, but I tend to believe that Devialet has not yet implemented all feedback features in the AIR protocol on the CI so Roon is simply not receiving status from the device and there is nothing to display.
I posted a question on the Roon community about this some time ago. Unfortunately this was during the beta period for CI software. Someone raised the question of an NDA breach so I let the Roon mods remove my post. I may ask again as we are now on release versions of the CI firmware.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I may be getting a bit confused with these priorities (not very hard to do Tongue ), but several people have mentioned RAAT compatibility is no. 1 priority, with IOS app & web based configurator falling behind (2nd/3rd order not sure which has the greater priority).

Also seen it mentioned a couple of times that RAAT compatibility with the Pro CI's won't happen until the end of this year, so taking that the highest priority may be the first to be released then the timelines for the new app & configurator won't happen until 2019.

Now it's also possible that the 1st priority (RAAT) will take the longest to complete and hence has the most resources dedicated to it. The fact it also concerns a 3rd Party (Roon) then this may also be the reason for the extended release timing. Hence 2nd & 3rd priorities may be further down the list, but conceivably being only in-house programming/approvals required these will actually be released first.

Hopefully I'm wrong with the timelines in my 2nd paragraph, and actually my 3rd paragraph is correct  Undecided
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(14-Jul-2018, 09:19)Confused Wrote:
First to say that I genuinely agree with pretty much everything @Hifi_swlon wrote in post #103, plus, I think @David A misinterpreted my earlier post slightly (my post was written with some slightly obtuse language), but no problem here, David is correct we can have the full benefit of Roon PEQ and convolutions together with Devialet sound quality now using Roon AIR, we are actually agreeing I think!  This reminds me of a point made by Mathieu Pernot during the original presentation at OAC.  Mathieu was talking about Roon RAAT versus AIR, stating that he did not see these two as rivals in any way, rather they were complimentary.  Personally I see this as good news, I know that Roon RAAT is very good, offering excellent sound quality and stability, but it is just for Roon.  AIR offers excellent sound quality together with far greater versatility, so they serve different purposes.  Thankfully AIR is far more stable these days. Anyway, in terms of Roon's functionality, it works almost perfectly now with Roon integrated AIR, and with Roon RAAT coming soon, we can look forward to it working even more perfectly.  It was not long ago that a few people were saying things along the lines of "if only Devialet would add Roon RAAT it would be perfect", they had a very good point to be honest, and the good news it is here now. (Well, almost, in terms or RAAT)  As an aside, AirPlay was also mentioned in this context, with Mathieu stating that if you want the stream the sound from something with video content, then AirPlay is great, if you want the best quality two-channel sound, use something else, AIR, RAAT or UPnP.

I've heard that the main benefit of RAAT is going to be the ability to stream to several zones rather than an improvement in sound quality. I only use 1 zone so I am not expecting big things from RAAT but from all reports its extremely stable and AIR has been less than extremely stable at times so there may be some benefit for me there. It's always handy to have a choice so I'm looking forward to it and seeing whether there is a difference in sound quality between it and AIR. Provided the data is conveyed accurately to the Devialet there shouldn't be a difference in sound quality but that doesn't mean it may not offer other functionality or convenience benefits.

(14-Jul-2018, 09:19)ogs Wrote: @David A The Signal path didn't show any of this unless the adjustment was in use (apart from volume). I did not discover it until several weeks after I got my amplifier back from the CI upgrade. Normally I do not use Signal path very often. Maybe you simply did not notice?
I think the 130 and 250 used the same streamer board so it is unlikely to be different between models. It can of course be a Roon change in AIR that affects this, but I tend to believe that Devialet has not yet implemented all feedback features in the AIR protocol on the CI so Roon is simply not receiving status from the device and there is nothing to display.
I posted a question on the Roon community about this some time ago. Unfortunately this was during the beta period for CI software. Someone raised the question of an NDA breach so I let the Roon mods remove my post. I may ask again as we are now on release versions of the CI firmware.

I don't check signal path all that often either so I may not have noticed, or I may have noticed and forgotten. I mentioned the possibility of the cause being a change in Roon while your amp was away for the upgrade given the frequency of Roon updates at various stages over the last year or so.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(14-Jul-2018, 09:33)Celts88 Wrote: I may be getting a bit confused with these priorities (not very hard to do Tongue ), but several people have mentioned RAAT compatibility is no. 1 priority, with IOS app & web based configurator falling behind (2nd/3rd order not sure which has the greater priority).

Also seen it mentioned a couple of times that RAAT compatibility with the Pro CI's won't happen until the end of this year, so taking that the highest priority may be the first to be released then the timelines for the new app & configurator won't happen until 2019.

Now it's also possible that the 1st priority (RAAT) will take the longest to complete and hence has the most resources dedicated to it. The fact it also concerns a 3rd Party (Roon) then this may also be the reason for the extended release timing. Hence 2nd & 3rd priorities may be further down the list, but conceivably being only in-house programming/approvals required these will actually be released first.

Hopefully I'm wrong with the timelines in my 2nd paragraph, and actually my 3rd paragraph is correct  Undecided

As you mention, some of the priorities will be dependant on third-party input.  There will be issues of testing, bug fixing, certification, and all the rest of it.  So I would not read too much into priority #1, priority #2, and so on.  Undoubtedly, some things will require more man-hours than others, some projects will hit unexpected problems, other projects might go well, who knows.  We have no idea regarding what is going on behind the scenes, so it is a case of wait and see, but meanwhile enjoy what you have. Shy

One thing I can say is that Devialet had a working demo at OAC of Qobuz streaming via CI, so progress is being made.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Jul-2018, 08:42)maxijazz Wrote: Lyngdorf’s amps directly compete with Devialet’s. They have RoomPerfect RC built-in. Here is short description: http://lyngdorf.com/news-what-is-room-correction/.
Maybe the RC can be licensed? Maybe Lyngdorf can be acquired?

I really hope not. I've tried RoomPerfect a couple of times and it does not do it for me. I suppose Lyngdorf may have improved RoomPerfect since I tried it, but it doesn't do proper room correction as Acourate, Audiolense or Dirac does. All these do full range correction including the time domain.

EDIT: Hardware solutions like Trinnov and DEQX also belong here.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
@Confused

Will be good to get extra functionality with new features, be that known or surprises still to come, but yep, just happy listening to the music at present and grateful that the current software is stable.

Music currently being blasted out today:

Aztec Camera
Baby Animals
Carpenters
Cassandra Wilson
Cold Chisel
Deep Purple
Dropkick Murphys
Fitz & the Tantrums
Funkadelic (Maggot Brain; great song and not too far of a good description of myself last night Tongue )
Gary Numan
Glen Campbell
Herbert Von Karajan
Hipsway
Human League
Ian Dury & The Blockheads
Japan
Jim Reeves
John Butler Trio
Joy Division
Kasey Chambers
Led Zepellin
Mike Oldfield
Motörhead
Nick Cave
Paolo Nutini
Patsy Cline
Sex Pistols
Skunk Anansie
The Associates
The Cat Empire
The Cure
The Fratellis
The Offspring
The Specials
The Stranglers
The Undertones
Ultravox
Velvet Underground
XTC
Zoë Keating
etc, etc.........  Big Grin

PS  My wife & daughter are away on holiday at present to Bali so just us boys left to blast out what we want  Cool
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(14-Jul-2018, 09:33)Celts88 Wrote: I may be getting a bit confused with these priorities (not very hard to do Tongue ), but several people have mentioned RAAT compatibility is no. 1 priority, with IOS app & web based configurator falling behind (2nd/3rd order not sure which has the greater priority).

Just to recap: support for Bluetooth streaming was the second priority, before iOS app and built-in configurator.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(14-Jul-2018, 09:42)Confused Wrote: ...
One thing I can say is that Devialet had a working demo at OAC of Qobuz streaming via CI, so progress is being made.

We may be talking at cross purposes, but: are you sure? I'm pretty confident Qobuz was working via Airplay (I checked with Joachim, because direct support for Qobuz would be really helpful to me)...
Warwickshire, UK
(14-Jul-2018, 10:39)thumb5 Wrote:
(14-Jul-2018, 09:42)Confused Wrote: ...

We may be talking at cross purposes, but: are you sure?  I'm pretty confident Qobuz was working via Airplay (I checked with Joachim, because direct support for Qobuz would be really helpful to me)...

Ian - Now you have said that, no, I am not sure at all!  I do recall Joachim fiddling with his iPad and saying he was going to play something via Qubuz, I could easily have missed that he was using AirPlay.

And I quick note to @Celts88 , there are very many of my favorites on your list.  I thought it was only me listening to this kind of stuff on a Devialet. Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Jul-2018, 11:01)Confused Wrote: And I quick note to @Celts88 , there are very many of my favorites on your list.  I thought it was only me listening to this kind of stuff on a Devialet. Shy

...me too!
Warwickshire, UK