Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
(14-Jul-2018, 11:01)Confused Wrote:
(14-Jul-2018, 10:39)thumb5 Wrote:
(14-Jul-2018, 09:42)Confused Wrote: ...
One thing I can say is that Devialet had a working demo at OAC of Qobuz streaming via CI, so progress is being made.

We may be talking at cross purposes, but: are you sure?  I'm pretty confident Qobuz was working via Airplay (I checked with Joachim, because direct support for Qobuz would be really helpful to me)...

Now you have said that, no, I am not sure at all!

I am sure we would all know about it if native support for Qobuz existed in the CI board.

Airplay would not really be a good solution (for me) since I am now using Qobuz Sublime + and consequently accessing their entire HD catalogue via streaming. Equally I don’t want to use my MacBook to push content to the Devialet. I think the Spotify solution is brilliant, I get the full Spotify experience without having to stream from my mobile. Qobuz delivered in this manner would have been amazing, particularly as they have made substantial investments in their apps which are very nice to use.

The funny thing is that since I have discovered Sublime + I rarely feel the need to stream from my sonicTransporter which hosts Roon and my music collection. The Qobuz collection is just perfect for my purposes and I love to explore new stuff. Their playlists are brilliant!

Obviously if Roon do integrate Qobuz it will be pretty amazing but until this happens my Roon subscription is almost an unnecessary expense. I have no need for convolution or DSP, in fact my use of Roon is pretty basic... I barely use the filters to select music, preferring to scroll through album covers!!

I totally get the Roon thing and it makes a ton of sense for Devialet to prioritise this. But for those that don’t want a computer in the audio/digital chain (for whatever reason), native Qobuz would have been the ultimate audiophile option. And it was originally promised....

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
+1 for Qobuz native support on Devialet. If anyone from Qobuz gets to read this then please can you give us UPnP on the iOS mobile app. UPnP support on the Mac desktop app works flawlessly.
@thumb5 @Confused

It's easy to get caught up in all the features that the new CI board can/should/would/could do, but now and again it's great just to sit down, put music on random and enjoy. I've got a favourites bookmark in Roon with about 450 songs and there's a full mixture of Rock/Pop/Country/Classical/etc., etc. Most of the songs my wife & daughter cringe at, especially some of the Classical & Country, but I love listening to a mixture, especially the Country as it brings back happy memories of my childhood with my Mum & Dad (my Dad passed away about 12 years ago, and my Mum is bad with Dementia - here in body, but not mind).

I can whinge like the best of them when it comes to Devialet (as you all know Tongue ), but it's good to sit down sometimes, relax, and just listen to music. That's one thing the new CI does for me with all the streaming options, and Roon Air gets big plus marks from me. Bias alert, but I really think RAAT will not only be a big plus for us that have Roon, but there's a lot of manufacturers using it as an additional selling point so won't don't Devialet any harm jumping on the Roon bandwagon (off course along with Spotify, Airplay, etc., and Qobuz potentially, but as Q isn't available in Australia it's not a big miss for me - yet!).

Fantastic reading all the updates from the OAC/Devialet event (good on both of them for organising) and hope everyone is having a great weekend  Big Grin
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
How do you stream sublime to the Devialet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(14-Jul-2018, 13:14)no32 Wrote: How do you stream sublime to the Devialet?

I use two methods.

1. Over UPNP using the Mconnect iOS app on my iPad.

2. From my Logitech Transporter and LMS with the Qobuz plugin. Using the XLR digital input to the Devialet.

Method 2 sounds slightly the better, but is limited to 24 bit 96Khz resolution by the Transporter.

I’m waiting patiently for Devialet to implement the promised native Qobuz feature as promised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(14-Jul-2018, 13:14)no32 Wrote: How do you stream sublime to the Devialet?

Totaldac d1 server connected to Devialet via AES/EBU. Totaldac is in LMS mode which gives me iPeng control point on my iPhone (and Apple Watch! Big Grin ). The d1 server is connected to my network via wired Ethernet. Actually it does UPnP and Airplay too and has done for well over a year, maybe 2. Was also one of first units to implement RAAT.  Cool

iPeng integrates Qobuz so I can access their full library. 

It’s not as pretty as the native Qobuz iOs app though. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Jul-2018, 11:15)thumb5 Wrote:
(14-Jul-2018, 11:01)Confused Wrote: And I quick note to @Celts88 , there are very many of my favorites on your list.  I thought it was only me listening to this kind of stuff on a Devialet. Shy

...me too!
And me.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Good afternoon gents,

The boys at OAC have been booking me in to do every possible oddjob, exchange and delivery since our workshop so I had not had the chance to either catch up on this thread or to thank all of the usual suspects for coming along!

I'm incredibly pleased at the reception. Both Mathieu and Joachim had spoken to us about working through known issues, reducing hyperbolic marketing and delivering on as many promises as possible. Personally, I couldn't think of a more capable pair to take the brand back to where it should be. An interesting change in approach was that Jon, Dan and I were asked for our opinions on future developments and product over a quiet beer in the sun once the day was gone.

I will have to be as cryptic as possible, but they are recommitting to expert in a BIG way and I couldn't be more excited to see what the future holds.  

Thanks again to everyone that came. I always look forwards to our Devialet days, you're a great crowd and I always have a giggle. NickB, I'm deeply sorry that I forgot your cider and Jon has already broken my grip on the A3's. I'll be boxing them back up this afternoon to take them to Jon's for him to "run them in for a while"...

Alasdair
I too enjoyed the day even though as being a Phantom owner, most of the discussion was interesting but not relevant.
Because of the statement that only a small percentage of users prefer the Spark app, I have spent some time comparing Tidal via the Tidal iOS app against Tidal via Spark.
I might be misleading myself but to me via Spark has a better presentation and more enjoyable.
I assume that via Tidal app the connection is using Airplay but via Spark it is native from Dialog?
If so and there is a better quality then I cannot understand why so few use Spark and this is the frustrating point for me. I was hoping for improvements so that UPNP would be embedded into Spark rather than the juggling between something like 8player for UPNP and Spark for Tidal.
I only have a simple setup, either Naim unitiserve or Tidal but still find it a bind to mess about with different apps.
The optical in on the Dialog still has a crackle so I abandoned that connection in favour of UPNP which is stable and crackle free for me.

I guess I need to be patient and hope that they turn attention to Roon for Phantoms sometime down the line once they have the worldwide certification in the bag.

A couple of notes to various points made above.

When Enno did the Roon day at OAC he commited to having Qobuz support in Roon before the end of the year.

What Mathieu actually said (as I remember it) is that RAAT support on the CI board would be ready before the end of the year.

Alasdair, no problem with the cider I will bring some of the good stuff next time for anyone to try, poor old Jon he always gets the tough jobs doesn't he Big Grin

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers