Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
I think the issue with the link and sharing inputs is that a bidirectional connection is required. IFAIK only the link coax s/pdif (#6) is able to act as both a digital input and output.
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
Wow! I have been away for over a month due to a move - that was the most amazing read, thank you everyone!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
This is probably a premature question but I am going to ask anyway...

Was there any mention about the upgrade path and pricing? For instance, will the 120's path to Pro be the 220 like before or will that change to say the 140? Will the cost be more reasonable this time? Moving from the 120 to the 220 Pro for near $5K USD was not a prudent course of action but a move to say the 140 for perhaps less than half might be.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
(30-Jul-2018, 17:02)RebelMan Wrote: This is probably a premature question but I am going to ask anyway...

Was there any mention about the upgrade path and pricing?  For instance, will the 120's path to Pro be the 220 like before or will that change to say the 140?  Will the cost be more reasonable this time?  Moving from the 120 to the 220 Pro for near $5K USD was not a prudent course of action but a move to say the 140 for perhaps less than half might be.

The only mention of the upgrade program during the main presentation was to say that it is due to restart "in the summer".  (as also mentioned in post #61)

I didn't hear any mention of pricing or other details.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(30-Jul-2018, 17:02)RebelMan Wrote: This is probably a premature question but I am going to ask anyway...

Was there any mention about the upgrade path and pricing?  For instance, will the 120's path to Pro be the 220 like before or will that change to say the 140?  Will the cost be more reasonable this time?  Moving from the 120 to the 220 Pro for near $5K USD was not a prudent course of action but a move to say the 140 for perhaps less than half might be.

@RebelMan

Wow! Coincidence?

(31-Jul-2018, 22:15)zaienk Wrote: Hello,

I just see that upgrade is available again through my devialet account. In registered product, there is a new button "upgrade" for registered product that can be upgraded.
For D120 to upgrade to 140 pro, it cost 2990€ without pre out, you have to add 390€ for the pre out.
For D120 to upgrade to 220 pro, it cost now 4490€! They can also change the chassis and the remote for 2500€ more...
(01-Aug-2018, 00:09)alandbush Wrote: @RebelMan

Wow! Coincidence?
Nice catch!  
I just checked and I too got the UPGRADE button.  But once again not too excited about it.  I can get a NEW 140 Pro or 220 Pro for the same price as the upgrade.  The previous 120 -> 220 Pro UPGRADE was a better deal than it is now.  Where is the logic in this?
(01-Aug-2018, 10:47)RebelMan Wrote: Where is the logic in this?
1. Early adopters were rewarded.
2. Devialet sells more new items
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(01-Aug-2018, 11:23)maxijazz Wrote:
(01-Aug-2018, 10:47)RebelMan Wrote: Where is the logic in this?
1. Early adopters were rewarded.
2. Devialet sells more new items

Perhaps, but the only reason for upgrading (besides power) is to thwart off (features) obsolescence, according to Devialet.  Seems a bit ironic doesn't it.  Sound quality wise, unnecessary.
In my opinion, Pro with CI sounds more smooth than non-Pro and the change in sound quality is supported by changes in Magic-wire upgrade as well as better system/master (?) clock.
Some people on this forum reported direct comparison, if I remember well.

Devialet stated clearly that early adopters will get CI card free. Increase in upgrade’s price confirms that.
Since upgrade has little sense after the increase, thus my conclusion, prices for early adopters were also to high (by about 10% IMHO).

PS. At least I have a little satisfaction, that financing CI card (for about a year) and being beta tester of DOS/firmware paid off.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
Good to see Devialetchat is catching up on those Infos.
But even I missed this thread up to know - and I wonder why Devialet is not finally providing a solid communication? Also sad to see Mathieu is no longer replying to mails for month.