Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last minute Summer Devialet Event at OAC with Mathieu Pernot! 12 July 2018
Got my email flyer about this event from Oxford Audio today.
Looking forward to hearing about “new Expert pro range, Core Infinity upgrade, and future development roadmap”.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I think the cat may be out of the bag on one of the bits of news for the event if you have a look at what european sellers are now calling the 130Pro...

Hopefully they've not mentioned it's new functionality
(03-Jul-2018, 13:34)oxfordaudio Wrote: I think the cat may be out of the bag on one of the bits of news for the event if you have a look at what european sellers are now calling the 130Pro...

Hopefully they've not mentioned it's new functionality

I can find one page in google search that says 140Pro, but when going to the link still shows all Pro models starting at 130Pro.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Unfortunately I cannot say any more at this point, but suffice to say, the change in leadership over Expert is already bearing fruit!
(03-Jul-2018, 16:55)oxfordaudio Wrote: Unfortunately I cannot say any more at this point, but suffice to say, the change in leadership over Expert is already bearing fruit!

Alasdair

May be bearing fruit for you guys over in Europe, but certainly isn't doing anything for us guys/gals here in Australia.

Not trying to dis your event, and good on you for getting Mathieu over for the session, but Devialet communication for their other worldwide customers is virtually non-existent (from my perspective).

Hope your event goes well next week, and even though I've differing thoughts about Devialet that shouldn't detract from the good work Oxford Audio do as not only a Devialet dealer, but all the other good work you do for you customers with the other hi-fi manufacturers you sell.

Hope the rest of your days goes well.

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Hi John,

I completely understand the frustration. In fact I hope you appreciate how much I empathize with you! We have a couple of Expert owners in our staff and we both felt left behind/ignored with all of the emphasis on Phantom. That is changing, and the implications are global.

Mathieu is not only the engineer, but another Expert owner. With him and Joachim leading expert development, I think we will be catered for effectively.

Not to be naive, I've owned 4 different Devialet amplifiers so far (Settled on a 250) and they are without doubt objectively the best amplifiers I have ever owned or indeed have access to. Taste is subjective, but Devialet make the best amp.

Alasdair
@oxfordaudio

It would be nice to ask what are.the plans / if there are any for the owners that have not jumped to the Pro/Pro CI models in regards to future software upgrades and possible additions

I remember that the computational power of the Expert range in use was only 20% utilized from the fw10. This means that there is room for software improvements also in the old range.

Could you ask a question like that please?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
I’ve had a go below at summarising questions posed so far, and adding a couple more. Would be great if Oxford Audio could pose these on behalf of DC members, but appreciate it’s not their responsibility and there may not be time.... tricky for many of us to attend, even relatively local as it’s a weekday. Perhaps if there’s limited time, OA could present them to the Devialet guys to take away and report back here or via OA at a later date....... Would be great to get a summary of the general discussion in any event.

Q1. Has the non-pro been abandoned in terms of firmware development/updates? What happened to the twice yearly updates that were meant to make the EVO platform unique in its ability to constantly evolve and remove obsolescence? If not been abandoned, when’s the next firmware due?

Q2. What’s replacing the current Expert iOS volume control, and when’s it out? Also, please consider keeping and updating the current one, the design is great and just needs updating for current iOS, iPads, and add a few extra controls (like tone, SAM).

Q3. What are the plans for the web based configurator onboard the CI? Will it evolve to replace the current internet configurator, and ultimately remove the need for SD card config? Please share as much detail as you can.

Q4. Any idea when we’ll see RAAT on Experts? Any plans to include Phantoms in the RoonReady program after the Experts are certified?

Q5. What IS the input impedance of the MM phono input? Has this changed since Stereophile measured 14K on the D-Premier?

Q6. How does the signal path for AIR (on the CI) compare to AES/EBU and USB?

Q7. Is it possible to have a switch in Spark that selects "normal", "zero latency" or "time-coincident" for Phantom?

Q8. Are there any technical reasons why the beta and latest versions of the firmware can influence sound quality? Have any changes to the beta and latest versions of the firmware been specifically intended to improve sound quality performance?

Q9. Are there plans to implement Dante, Ravenna or Ethernet to link Master & Companion in the foreseeable future? (Issues such as XLR cable length).

Q10. If there's any plans to increase playback resolution (or is the Pro-CI or Phantom physically capable of):
PCM to 32bit/768kHz and DoP to DSD512, Native DSD to DSD512. Or anything above 192/DSD64?

Q11. What are the plans for owners that have not jumped to the Pro/Pro CI models in regards to future software upgrades and possible additions? The computational power of the Expert range in use was specified as only 20% utilized from the fw10. This means that there is room for software improvements also in the old range.

Q12. Will the upgrade program restart? If so, when?

Q13. Is it technically possible to increase the power output of the 250Pro?

Q14. Is the infamous pledge to make a better communication area on the website for engaging with customers still a reality? The Infinity Core log seemed to fade, with limited Devialet posting, and nothing for the latest final release software. Can they reconsider engaging with Devialetchat?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Excellent list of questions, @Hifi_swlon. I'll be going to the event so will take a copy with me.

Anyone else planning to attend?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(05-Jul-2018, 22:50)thumb5 Wrote: Excellent list of questions, @Hifi_swlon.  I'll be going to the event so will take a copy with me.

Anyone else planning to attend?

Thanks Ian. Maybe @oxfordaudio could also send them to Mathieu ahead of time, so he’s not put on the spot and can come armed with the answers?