Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest update neutered my Phantoms
(08-Nov-2015, 12:17)F_M Wrote: It feel a little bit strange that you have to have (white Phantom)  40-50 to just get them up to low levels. Otherwise no negative changes. Listening mostly via Optical but the same experience via spark. Is it the same for Silver users?

No here with two silvers
Stonedragon, have you checked that the optical input of the Dialog is enable in the Spark settings? After I did the firmware and software upgrade the setting was disabled in Spark. I had forgotten all about that setting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(08-Nov-2015, 12:46)Johnnydev Wrote:
(08-Nov-2015, 12:17)F_M Wrote: It feel a little bit strange that you have to have (white Phantom)  40-50 to just get them up to low levels. Otherwise no negative changes. Listening mostly via Optical but the same experience via spark. Is it the same for Silver users?

No here with two silvers

I have two silver phantoms using spark via dialog, phantoms wireless from Dialog, a very large listening room 10 x 15 meters ceilings 3.5 meters, very comfortable sound level is 40, loud is 50, rocking the walls is 55-60, bringing down the house 70 Big Grin
[Image: 3c44400f07789388c82aa3382dcd5a06.jpg]

That's the Phantoms way at the back , I do not understand the problem with a perceived lack of volume. I wonder if there is a problem with the units ? Playing at 50 and fills the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David what an amazing room that looks.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Hi Guys, no luck.

I did a full reset and my Phantoms still sound like a joke.

Tried my new Dialog, but the setup wanted to update that, so I didn't bother to proceed any further.

My streaming source (my Meridian Sooloos) is still broken. Can't stream anything from it.

I'm really disappointed and regretting my purchase. I held off from previous upgrades, because of the complaints on this forum, but after hearing the good things abut this latest one, I decided to give it a go. I really wish I hadn't. My Phantoms have just become 'an also ran' life style product.

At the moment they couldn't be further away from hi-fi.

Damm you Devialet - stop f*****g about Angry Angry
Stonedragon
Sorry to hear about your misadventures. I have two silver, upgraded to 1.4 and the phantoms work great in stereo mode. You might want to check if both Phantoms + connect have the same software version (under settings) I had similar issues in the past with a phantom that would not upgrade....
Stonedragon, before your update what was the default volume when you powered the Phantoms? Was it 10 or 35? As you did not update some versions it could be that you still were on one of the early firmware versions where 10 used to be what now is 35. SQ has not changed since then but the volume is different in its progression. As said all beolw 35 is now what used to be below 10, for me late night listening volume. Normal room listening is now 35-50. Between 55-70 all the punch comes for serious concert listening or is necessary for many classical orchestra music. Could this be your main problem? Sound-wise they have not much changed according to my non-pro room measurements the frequency response is still the same since March.
(09-Nov-2015, 07:03)P streamy Wrote: Stonedragon, before your update what was the default volume when you powered the Phantoms? Was it 10 or 35? As you did not update some versions it could be that you still were on one of the early firmware versions where 10 used to be what now is 35. SQ has not changed since then but the volume is different in its progression. As said all beolw 35 is now what used to be below 10, for me late night listening volume. Normal room listening is now 35-50. Between 55-70 all the punch comes for serious concert listening or is necessary for many classical orchestra music. Could this be your main problem? Sound-wise they have not much changed according to my non-pro room measurements the frequency response is still the same since March.

Thats not a main problem, this is normal in the new software and better
Hi Stonedragon.
I really can't figure out how speakers could "break" a source connected via optical.

What other source are you using to check the sound, after your Meridian stopped working (changing two elements at the same time: firmware and source)?
I guess you already contacted Devialet support.

Btw, what set-up did you have in mind for the second Dialog?
Good luck with your issues