Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linn Akurate DSM
Beware the dreadful configurator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(02-Mar-2015, 16:00)amabrok Wrote: Beware the dreadful configurator

Well you're not going to believe this... 30 mins later and I still can't get it to work!  Angry

Honestly I just can't believe this...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Mar-2015, 16:39)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Well you're not going to believe this... 30 mins later and I still can't get it to work!  Angry

Guillaume

Oh boy! I'm sorry to hear that. But seriously this is not acceptable from Devialet!

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(02-Mar-2015, 16:55)amabrok Wrote:
(02-Mar-2015, 16:39)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Oh boy! I'm sorry to hear that. But seriously this is not acceptable from Devialet!

Wow that configurator is tough. I'm not sure what the problem is, it just seems to be so buggy! Anyway I'm there now. After the 10th attempt or something.  Sad

So just tried streaming direct from the Akurate to the Devialet. It's not bad at all! Not quite as good as it was going through the totaldac but not much worse. I suppose the give away is in some of the higher frequencies where there is a bit of smearing that perhaps the totaldac tidied up a little. It sounds quite musical though!

And I'm still on cheapo SPDIF which will get addressed tom. And I might tweak digital out settings on the Akurate.

So I'd say 7/10 Akurate to Dev, to 7.5/10 (ok maybe 7.75!) with totaldac reclocker to 10/10 with MPD only.

I have to say the Kazoo app is very nice to use and Tidal integration seems properly thought through.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Very promising. Let's see what additional SQ improvement the Transparent Ref XL may bring

Dubai, UAE
(02-Mar-2015, 17:32)amabrok Wrote: Very promising. Let's see what additional SQ improvement the Transparent Ref XL may bring

Yes that will be very interesting. Even an extra .25 or .50 will be much appreciated! See what you started Amabrok?!  Tongue

Overall I have to say I'm impressed by the Kazoo CP. Rumour has it Linn spent over 1M GBP developing this...

Guillaume

UK
Being the relentless tweaker I am I just couldn't resist connecting the Akurate DSM to one of my Entreq ground boxes (using a silver Eartha cable). OMG! This is insane. I reckon I just added 1 point, so we are up to 8/10. Can't wait for Rufus to hear this!  Big Grin

Akurate DSM is now playing directly into my Devialet with a £50 Chord Optichord SPDIF cable. 

I'm really enjoying this, it's very musical.  Smile It's not perfect but it's very enjoyable.

Guillaume

UK
Guillaume

Does your friendly Linn dealer also carry Naim? Would love to hear how the ND5XS and NDX compare....I think they have Tidal integration too now (please someone correct me if that's not right)
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
(02-Mar-2015, 20:23)Neffa Wrote: Guillaume

Does your friendly Linn dealer also carry Naim? Would love to hear how the ND5XS and NDX compare....I think they have Tidal integration too now (please someone correct me if that's not right)

No unfortunately they don't.

This is insane - just been toggling between the two inputs on the Devialet and the gap has closed dramatically. I'm almost lost for words. The totaldac MPD source has the edge and is perhaps a tad more natural sounding. The highs are a little clearer and it's a little easier to make out individual instruments. But TIDAL STREAMING ISN'T FAR BEHIND. 

I need Rufus to give me a second opinion on this.

Guillaume

UK
I think that gap should close more when Rufus brings that digital cable...

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey