Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
B&W cm10 for 5 years and about to make a change : a listening session of two Apertura models is scheduled for next saturday : Edena Evolution and Onira. Any feedback from members of the forum would be appreciated.
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
(09-Sep-2018, 11:04)Bruno Wrote: B&W cm10 for 5 years and about to make a change : a listening session of two Apertura models is scheduled for next saturday : Edena Evolution and Onira. Any feedback from members of the forum would be appreciated.

As you can see from my signature, I’m enjoying my D220 pro on a pair of AperturA Armonias which are the little sisters of the Edena. 

I have also listened to the Edenas as well as the Oniras. 

These are all speakers that I liked a lot with Devialet. I found that they shared a very similar philosophy not to try not to remove anything from the music, but even more importantly not to add anything which is sometime even more difficult. 

I remember someone at Devialet after having measured the Edena for one of the first SAM profiles told me that it was one of the very few speaker that did not have any boost around 80 Hz, not trying to give any artificial basses. 

I can testify that I’m fully happy with my speakers, and did not feel any need to change them, unless my room would become too large for them, in which case it is very likely that I stay with AperturA. 

They are easy to drive, with no serious impedance dip, and SAM does wonders on mine. 

Best regards, 
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Thank you Jean-Marie : your answer is highly appreciated.
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
I like 2 way speakers for the size of room I have, but gone up a  weight division (maybe two) from  Acoustic Energy Reference 1
to very bright orange (think ford focus RS) Magico S1 Mk1.
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
(01-Nov-2018, 09:58)anan Wrote: .............to very bright orange (think ford focus RS) Magico S1 Mk1.

I think you will find Magico use Honda’s colour range for their speakers.
(02-Nov-2018, 21:20)Greg Wrote:
(01-Nov-2018, 09:58)anan Wrote: .............to very bright orange (think ford focus RS) Magico S1 Mk1.

I think you will find Magico use Honda’s colour range for their speakers.

I did not know that.  Honda Jazz orange it is then. 
I am sure who ever forked out  the extra for the m-coat  finish when new would have hoped lamborghini colour range, oh well.
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
Devialet 220 CI
Van den Hul Revelation
KEF Reference 5

HP laptop with Roon/air
Devialet Expert pro 220CI-KEF Reference 5-Van den Hul Revelation- Live Cable T.C.W. Powercord

Roon/air
ProAc Tablette 10, not listed in the SAM configurator. How do you get them SAMed?
To pair with my D200, I just ordered a pair of Focal Aria’s 936 from upscale audio. They halve a heck of a sale on the dark walnut version (the ones I wanted anyway). Hoping they sound as good as I’ve heeard.
Devialet 130 Pro with Goldenear Triton T2+

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk