Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List Your Speakers and Devialet Model Here
Ah, so they arrived! Nothing like a modest upgrade.... :} Be interesting to hear your thoughts about the change from the SF Cremona M.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Oh Damon,
Din't know you took notice of my upgrade.   I have waited for these pair, 4 months!
Well, first of all it is still breaking in.  These PMC are clean and accurate. The overall SQ is well balanced, not one area dominates.  They are more accurate than the Cremonas.  The Cremonas are somewhat more musical, sometimes I think easier to enjoy.
The highs are clean and pure, extends well with very little blurring or smudging at the edge.
The mids, vocals are very intelligible, voices and lyrics are easy to follow.
The bass is strong without overpowering. This is where I think further breaking will improve the bass extension without the boom.
The treble and bass have attenuation from neutral to plus or minus, very helpful indeed.
Finally, with the upgrade to Version 10, the sound "appears" to have less body, sounds thinner.  Careful listening tells me it is more refined, more controlled and better separation of instruments and voices.

Now I am waiting for my Aurender N100H to arrive, hopefully this week.

Well, I hope this helps.
Cheers.
 Deviate 800   /   PMC Fact 12  /  Clearaudio Concept MM   /  Aurender N100H   /  MacMini  Roon 
Hi Doc,

I remember our email discussions about your speaker upgrade thoughts; that was some time ago, indeed. You were very helpful in relating your experiences with other loudspeakers- I remember that as well, and your help was very much appreciated.

Hope the new speakers are everything you hope for.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I have a Devialet 200 with a pair of Raidho C1.1. Sounds wonderful! I also have a pair of Totem Wind and they also sound very good with the Devialet.
Dev 200

Had B&W 802 D3 for 4 months. Very good, but a bit 'bright'. Could make good deal with dealer to replace with B&W 800 D3 (received 1 week ago). Plenty of power. Sensitivity speakers is high: 90 dB. Changed FW from 10.0.2 back to 7.1.3
Great sound.

Rob

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 440 CI Pro; AudioQuest Castle Rock; Bowers & Wilkins 801D4; Auralic Aries G1 with Hoerwege power supply, CD Player Meridian 507; Qobuz Studio
LE200 soon to be 400 and Kef reference 2 mk2's

Second LE 200 now added.
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Wilson Audio Sophia and D120.
Good combo, I like it. I too went back to using firmware 7.
Devialet 120 - Wilson Sophia - Technics SL-1000 - Rega Apollo - Chromecast
Devialet OdA & Raidho D3.1
System: TW Acustics Raven GT se, Raven 10.5, Miyajima Zero, Ortofon RSG309, Ortofon SPU A95 Anniversary, ModWright Oppo UDP205, Roon Nucleus+, Devialet OdA #77, Magnum Dynlab MD90T SE, Audience Au24 SX cables, Wilson Alexia.

Vintage Turntables: Thorens TD160 Super, SME M2-9, Ortofon 2M Mono SE & Thorens TD147 Jubilee, Ortofon 2M Black
TV Companion: Stereo Phantom Gold
Devialet 250 Pro with Boenicke W8
Devialet 120 > Mulidine Cadence

About to upgrade to 220 (still waiting for the cardboard)
NAS > NUC with JRiver (Server / Theatre view) > Devialet 220 > Mulidine Cadence