Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost with DOS2 migration
(30-Nov-2019, 13:13)ragwo Wrote: @DesertEagleAZ @vaguedetails
Any chance you could try the iFi UPnP bridge on DOS2? Not working well with DOS1 due to the bad UPnP implementation of Devialet. Maybe DOS2 has better implementation of UPnP.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ifi-bri...roon/85864

Looks like you need someone with a Windows core to test that one out. Wish I could help.
(30-Nov-2019, 16:22)vaguedetails Wrote:
(30-Nov-2019, 13:13)ragwo Wrote: @DesertEagleAZ @vaguedetails
Any chance you could try the iFi UPnP bridge on DOS2? Not working well with DOS1 due to the bad UPnP implementation of Devialet. Maybe DOS2 has better implementation of UPnP.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ifi-bri...roon/85864

Looks like you need someone with a Windows core to test that one out. Wish I could help.
Thanks. You'll only need a Windows PC running Roon, the core can be somewhere else. I used ROCK on a NUC and a laptop to test the UPnP bridge.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
If you use an iPhone and a Mac you can stream directly to the phantom with airplay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30-Nov-2019, 19:24)Oodle Wrote: If you use an iPhone and a Mac you can stream directly to the phantom with airplay

I know, but it's limited to 16/44 or 48. UPnP can stream up to 24/192.
My Phantom Voyage
(30-Nov-2019, 20:47)ragwo Wrote:
(30-Nov-2019, 19:24)Oodle Wrote: If you use an iPhone and a Mac you can stream directly to the phantom with airplay

Once the airplay 2 update comes out (which they said was aimed for early next year) it can support 192/24

(30-Nov-2019, 22:37)Oodle Wrote:
(30-Nov-2019, 20:47)ragwo Wrote:

Once the airplay 2 update comes out (which they said was aimed for early next year) it can support 192/24

When AirPlay 2 is implemented everything will be much better, but Devialet has been promising AirPlay 2 for quite a while without delivering. Hopefully DOS2 will change that.
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Dec-2019, 02:59)ragwo Wrote:
(30-Nov-2019, 22:37)Oodle Wrote:
(30-Nov-2019, 20:47)ragwo Wrote: I know, but it's limited to 16/44 or 48. UPnP can stream up to 24/192.

When AirPlay 2 is implemented everything will be much better, but Devialet has been promising AirPlay 2 for quite a while without delivering. Hopefully DOS2 will change that.

I mean I thought I was going to be stuck with spark forever and then they decided to fix a weird low frequency phase issue and give more power at the same time
At this time is it very difficult to know what Airplay 2 is capable of.
The last information i gathered on a Sonos forum is Airplay 2 is 16-24 bit/44.1/48Khz .
https://en.community.sonos.com/music-ser...ts-6812098
Please excuse my poor reputation
(01-Dec-2019, 12:05)daibaron Wrote: At this time is it very difficult to know what Airplay 2 is capable of.
The last information i gathered on a Sonos forum is Airplay 2 is 16-24 bit/44.1/48Khz .
https://en.community.sonos.com/music-ser...ts-6812098

As fair as I know AirPlay is still based on the Apple Lossless codec ALAC, which itself supports up to 8 channels of 32/384 PCM.  Clearly this has been restricted to two channels of 16/44.1 or 16/48 in AirPlay 1.  

While I agree that "various bit depths" could be taken to imply that support will be extended to >16 bits I don't see the point of this unless the sampling rate restrictions to 44.1/48 are also lifted (the vast majority of 24-bit programme is 24/96 or 24/192) so at best the slide is ambiguous, at worst it contradicts itself.
Thanks for all these interesting posts, I really appreciate.
I was about to implement @vaguedetails solution with the airport express plugged into one of the phantoms on optical but i couldn't find a toslink cable somewhere near me (would have had to order one on the internet). Instead I read into @ragwo's post and wanted to test a UpnP configuration. I ended up finding a free trial of the Audirvana UpnP solution. Since this solution is also recommended by Devialet, I gave it a try and, wow, it's incredible: easy to set up and use, works fine with iTunes, Qobuz and Tidal, and the sound is fantastic (I was able to stream 24/192 with Qobuz studio), such a huge difference from the Dialog/Airport Express system! I can only recommend this solution!
Now, I'll only have to migrate my Phantoms from their old dedicated Devialet wifi network (set up for the Airport Express/Dialog initial configuration) to my general home wifi network and I'll be done. I'll guess I'll need to reset the Phantoms and reconfigure them for my primary wifi.