Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low latency firmware
Has anybody here got a copy of the low latency firmware they can share? (if that's allowed). Tried asking devialet for it but getting no response, just an automated "an ambassador will get back to you within 72 hours" (it's been a week).

Would love to try mine out with my turntables  Big Grin
(05-Aug-2018, 23:27)phancypants Wrote: Has anybody here got a copy of the low latency firmware they can share? (if that's allowed). Tried asking devialet for it but getting no response, just an automated "an ambassador will get back to you within 72 hours" (it's been a week).

Would love to try mine out with my turntables  Big Grin

Did you try the optical direct mode as described in this post (answer from Devialet to question 11):
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Last-min...6#pid76696
Maybe this gives you the low latency you need. I haven’t tested it yet, as I use the Phantoms in a stereo setup and the latency is clear from a technical point of view and small enough for listening to music only.
(06-Aug-2018, 07:09)streamy Wrote: Did you try the optical direct mode as described in this post (answer from Devialet to question 11):
Maybe this gives you the low latency you need. I haven’t tested it yet, as I use the Phantoms in a stereo setup and the latency is clear from a technical point of view and small enough for listening to music only.

This post and those that follow may be helpful in providing any needed clarification/confirmation of the process to change the Phantom to Direct Optical mode.
Ah didn't know of this, thanks.

After playing with this for a bit I realised this only works if you have an iphone/ipod, as the relevant app is not yet available for android.
It is, for some reason, assumed that we all own Apple devices. That makes it much easier for Devialet. I have none so I'm locked out. You'd better act as if this app will never come to Adroid if you want to try the low latency mode soon..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(06-Aug-2018, 12:51)alandbush Wrote:
(06-Aug-2018, 07:09)streamy Wrote: Did you try the optical direct mode as described in this post (answer from Devialet to question 11):

This post and those that follow may be helpful in providing any needed clarification/confirmation of the process to change the Phantom to Direct Optical mode.

Thanks for providing the correct link and instructions that work! I could not find it right away.
Optical Direct only works for 1 phantom at a time...
Managed to borrow a friend's iphone to do it. Actually works pretty well, I can't 'hear' any latency when playing from a synched analogue output (kick drums beat at the same time), so mixing is doable with optical direct mode activated. 

There's also a motion something option that makes the woofers dance every few seconds? Seems only useful for having as a display piece in a store as can't seem to play music with it on.

Annoyingly the phantom has to be reset to switch back to normal use with spark/bluetooth. 

I do like how the remote app syncs with the phantom just by having it placed nearby. Shame all these features aren't just all built into spark itself.
That is good news.  Thanks for the information and the feedback on your results.  Much Appreciated.
(06-Aug-2018, 16:12)andreas Wrote: Optical Direct only works for 1 phantom at a time...

This may be a noob question but can we run, from a DJ mixer, Left Out to one Optical Direct Phantom and Right Out to another Phantom?

How low is the latency from Optical Direct?