Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
The Twonky console no longer being available is a bit annoying. I just tested it to see if it re-enabled when not in dark mode, but no. I wonder if they've disabled the webserver completely? I can only see the telnet port open with a port scan.
(01-Jun-2018, 15:06)K4680 Wrote: Melco V3.80, two errors discovered:
1. Twonky Console is no longer accessible via browser.
2. Dark mode activated (with the version the complete display processor is deactivated, not only the display), with each new start comes automatically the dark mode immediately. Not found yet how to disable.

Found: Disable Dark Mode!
At reboot, after the system has been tested, the window "Dark mode will be activated" will now press the right button next to the display until a symbol is displayed. Release the button, and the normal Dark mode (press a button for 2 seconds during operation) is restored! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I am curious as to what transfer speeds most of you are experiencing when writing to the Melco via SMB / CIFS? Mine rarely exceeds 9 - 10 MBps.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Anyone looking for a good control app for Melco try the fidata iOS app. I wish it would have Qobuz and Tidal integration but non the less a very competent application on par if not better than Glider. Plus its free.
(27-Aug-2018, 19:37)Rama Wrote: Anyone looking for a good control app for Melco try the fidata iOS app. I wish it would have Qobuz and Tidal integration but non the less a very competent application on par if not better than Glider. Plus its free.

Hi Rama, thanks for the tip! Linn Kazoo or AK Connect have intigrated Tidal and Qobuz, and are also available for free (I'm very happy with both)! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
Do you turn off your Melco after every listening session? Instead of answering me straight, my dealer advised me to treat it like any other audio equipment. I don’t turn off my Devialet.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(03-Sep-2018, 13:07)tategoi Wrote: Do you turn off your Melco after every listening session? Instead of answering me straight, my dealer advised me to treat it like any other audio equipment. I don’t turn off my Devialet.

Unless I am travelling or will not be listening for a couple of days, I just leave it on. Used the same approach for both the N1A and N1ZH to no ill effect.

The drives are probably powered down when not in use - after a prolonged period of inactivity, it takes a while for the Melco icon to appear on the control app.
(27-Aug-2018, 19:37)Rama Wrote: Anyone looking for a good control app for Melco try the fidata iOS app. I wish it would have Qobuz and Tidal integration but non the less a very competent application on par if not better than Glider. Plus its free.

Has anyone noticed that the fidata app does not sometimes continue playing all the tracks on the playlist?

Sometimes, it plays to the end. At times, it stops after a couple (5<) of tracks.

Don’t have the same issue with the mConnect app but the fidata app has a better interface and is less cumbersome.
(03-Sep-2018, 15:26)nicoludio Wrote:

Has anyone noticed that the fidata app does not sometimes continue playing all the tracks on the playlist?

Sometimes, it plays to the end. At times, it stops after a couple (5<) of tracks.

Don’t have the same issue with the mConnect app but the fidata app has a better interface and is less cumbersome.

Hi, I have tested the app fidata! Brings some mistakes, I'm not satisfied! Angry Stay with Kazoo and AK !!
Germany / Bavaria
(03-Sep-2018, 15:23)nicoludio Wrote:
(03-Sep-2018, 13:07)tategoi Wrote: Do you turn off your Melco after every listening session? Instead of answering me straight, my dealer advised me to treat it like any other audio equipment. I don’t turn off my Devialet.

Unless I am travelling or will not be listening for a couple of days, I just leave it on.  Used the same approach for both the N1A and N1ZH to no ill effect.

The drives are probably powered down when not in use - after a prolonged period of inactivity, it takes a while for the Melco icon to appear on the control app.

Thanks Nic that’s reassuring. And by “Melco icon to appear on the control app”, what app and what icon?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E