Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
Its the icon on the control app indicating if the server is online. After not playing music for awhile, upon opening the app, the icon for the Synology NAS (highlighted in red) appears almost instantaneously, while that for the Melco (highligted in yellow) takes a couple of seconds longer to appear.

Melco presented not only the beta version of the long awaited Melco app, but also the new music server N100!

The new model N100 will be available at the end of September for just under 2,000 euros. It offers the same features as the N1A and N1Z series, but has a smaller and simpler housing and is powered by an external switching power supply. It is equipped with a selected 2 TB hard disk.

https://www.hifistatement.net/event/item...-tage-2018#

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Melco Music HD App
Melco's own app is ready! First only for Apple iOS devices. (My first experiences are absolutely no positive). The download, Melco Music HD, is available for free on the App Store.
The app surface looks exactly like the mconnect HD app ?? Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
Good news but when I searched for Melco in the App Store I didn’t see the app.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
I believe it's only for available for iPad so far, not iPhone.
Unfortunately, its meant for IPads only. Something about the need for “real estate” to have a better user experience.

https://m.facebook.com/#!/story.php?stor...oser=false

@ K4680, yes, based on your screenshot, it does look like the MConnect interface.
Hi, works after prolonged use, just as modest as the mconnect!! Have deleted the app immediately, stay with AK Connect and Linn Kazoo!

Dear Melco people, if that's all that has been announced for years, then good night Angry   Angry

https://www.melco-audio.com/products/melco-music-hd/
Germany / Bavaria
Shame thay did not incorporate Internet radio.
Lumin app just like Kazoo works fine.
Melco N1A, Valhalla Pow.C.-FTA usb,-D200,Chord Sarum Super Aray Pow.C.-Chord Sarum T Speaker C.(Nordost Frey2)-Harbeth 40.2, (Magnepan 3.7).
I've tried with it but it's just not doing it for me. Simply adding tracks to a playlist or removing them seems more difficult than it should be. I was hoping it'd use some super duper proprietary Melco protocol to control the device effectively but it just seems to be dull old UPnP with the addition of Qobuz/Tidal.
Does it do Qobuz in hi-resolution if you have the sublime+ subscription? I know that mconnect only does 16/44 and nothing higher. At least we finally have a Melco App I am sure they will add more functionality further down the line.