Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
From another forum, any thoughts :
I do not think there is an elegant way to use Melco's Direct Mode with a Devialet amplifier. Direct Mode is really designed for use with streamers which operate as full UPnP clients and have a built in control system, for example a touch screen or a display with navigation buttons. I have not tried the CI board, or even looked at the specs. However, given that Devialet amps have a tiny display and very few controls on the amp or the remote, I suspect that the board operates as a UPnP renderer, for use with a UPnP control point app, rather than as a fully self-contained UPnP client. This control point app will need to communicate with the Melco and the Devialet over the network. Therefore, you cannot use Direct Mode for this type of setup.
Focal Sopra No2, 130 Expert Pro with CI upgrade, Melco N1A, TQ Black USB, EWA LS-XXV SC, Atlas Isolated PSU, Ethernet CAT6 via Netgear switch. Melco LAN and Player CAT6.
(03-Mar-2018, 09:42)dan46 Wrote: From another forum, any thoughts :
I do not think there is an elegant way to use Melco's Direct Mode with a Devialet amplifier. Direct Mode is really designed for use with streamers which operate as full UPnP clients and have a built in control system, for example a touch screen or a display with navigation buttons. I have not tried the CI board, or even looked at the specs. However, given that Devialet amps have a tiny display and very few controls on the amp or the remote, I suspect that the board operates as a UPnP renderer, for use with a UPnP control point app, rather than as a fully self-contained UPnP client. This control point app will need to communicate with the Melco and the Devialet over the network. Therefore, you cannot use Direct Mode for this type of setup.

Hello, is completely correct! I have a cheap Pioneer streamer connected to melco and direct play and no network. The Pioneer is playing, and the songs can be searched, etc.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hello, there comes another idea. What does the Devialet do when I activate WiFi and disconnect Melco from the LAN? Stream via UPnP, operate via WiFi? Maybe somebody can test that. Can not do it myself, just sit in the cable car and go skiing now! ?
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks for the heads up on the AK Connect app. Downloaded it this morning and using that to try UPnP via the Melco rather than my usual USB connection.

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
Hello, new Melco N1 FW 3.80 is released. Has anyone installed, and can report?
Thank you.

https://www.melco-audio.com/downloads/
Germany / Bavaria
I've just installed it. Went perfectly. Didn't have to reconfigure anything. It did turn Twonky on though (I used Minimserver) but you can turn Twonky off from the settings now (maybe you could before, not sure).
I may try Twonky again as it looks like there's some addition indexing options available.
(17-May-2018, 11:05)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I've just installed it. Went perfectly. Didn't have to reconfigure anything. It did turn Twonky on though (I used Minimserver) but you can turn Twonky off from the settings now (maybe you could before, not sure).
I may try Twonky again as it looks like there's some addition indexing options available.
Hallo Rufus McDufus, thank you for the info! Rolleyes
Germany / Bavaria
Melco test found at HFA. Comparison of SQ between USB and UPnP connection. Informative report!
http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/d...c-servers/
Germany / Bavaria
(01-Jun-2018, 07:49)K4680 Wrote: Melco test found at HFA. Comparison of SQ between USB and UPnP connection. Informative report!
http://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/d...c-servers/

Thanks for posting. Quite an interesting comparison between the USB and uPnP outputs.

The comments about the N1ZH bringing greater body and better soundstaging is consistent with feedback from other users who have changed from the N1A to N1ZH, albeit on Mk 1 form.
Melco V3.80, two errors discovered:
1. Twonky Console is no longer accessible via browser.
2. Dark mode activated (with the version the complete display processor is deactivated, not only the display), with each new start comes automatically the dark mode immediately. Not found yet how to disable.
Germany / Bavaria