Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major announcement!
Congrats and good luck.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Congratulations Guillaume. I'm sure you will be a good source of information about the products in conjunction with Devialet products too so that's a win for us at this forum.

Just out of interest (and I understand if you don't want to answer this) Is this going to be a complete career change or a job on the side. The reason I ask is that I can only imagine you'll be picking up more brands if things go well.

Best wishes!

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Best of luck with the Shunyata Distribution Company.
You deserve to succeed as your passion for all things hi-fi is obvious.

Your knowledge and experience of all things Devialet gives added weight to the Shunyata advice and recommendations that I hope will be forthcoming.
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
I've found Shunyata to be staffed by some of the more knowledgable and honest people in this industry (to the best of my minuscule knowledge). I'm glad they have a good guy as UK distributor. I hope it works well for all. The Shunyata crew makes good contributions to forums. They are clear about their business yet seem to make honest recommendations. I see no reason why GuillaumeB can't do that same here.

Now, GuillaumeB, will you please finally try out the cheaper cables and tell me how they sound in comparison to Shunyata Sigmas in your Devialet setup? We've been waiting to hear about that for far too long. Wink
Congratulations Guillaume, that's great news.
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.
Shunyata Denali, Alpha PC, Sigma PCs (x3) & Sigma Speaker Cables.
Quadraspire X Reference rack.

North East England
(31-Oct-2016, 15:04)GuillaumeB Wrote: Dear all,

I've got some big news, well for me at least, and I thought it important that I share this with the rest of the forum for reasons which will become very clear in a few seconds....  Big Grin

I have just become the official distributor for Shunyata Research in the UK! Some of you may recall that a few months ago I got my hands on a number of their products and was literally blown away by their performance. I initially approached another distributor I know well about taking them on but he wasn't able to for a number of reasons. It just seemed crazy to me that there wasn't a UK distributor. To cut a very long story short I decided to take a huge leap into the unknown and give it a go myself! After months of discussions and now just back from a trip to Seattle I am now proud to announce that I have formed a new company: The Shunyata Distribution Company which will soon start trading pending VAT registration and one or two other formalities. I know, I'm crazy, but sometimes these opportunities come up in life and you just have to go for it. It's always been my dream to work in hi-fi.

Before anyone freaks out I have no intention of using the forum to blatantly promote Shunyata. Whilst dealers and manufacturers are welcome on the forum we have always taken quite a hard line against blatant product advertising and this is not about to change! No way!

Having said that I do not intend to leave the forum; I am still a Devialet owner and this place very much feels like home. It's amazing to think that it was almost 2.5 years ago when I started PM'ing members of Hifi Wigwam with an idea of creating a dedicated Devialet forum. We now have over 2600 members and are one of the busiest hi-fi forums on the internet averaging just under 60 posts a day! Anyway I digress... the point is Devialet Chat means a lot to me and I am not about to compromise my integrity because of my arrangement with Shunyata.

So if everyone is OK with this I propose that nothing changes. I'll keep my business activities low-key and won't discuss products unless anyone specifically asks about them. I will update my signature shortly and restrict any discussion about Shunyata to the Shunyata thread. Smile In short I promise to abide by the very forum rules I helped to install.  

Guillaume

CONGRATULATIONS :-)
Congrats
Here's wishing you good luck with your new venture, Guillaume. I hope everything goes smoothly!

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Well done!
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Congrats and hope it all goes well with your new buisness Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree