Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum volume
(16-Mar-2020, 16:38)Anders Wrote:
(01-Mar-2020, 18:59)kantblue Wrote: Hi All

I have submitted a request to Devialet about the 'Maximum Volume' issue. I have also asked them if there are any sound quality/remote control issues if I use the Web Configuration to set the maximum volume, I'm grateful that I 'only' have Phantom Classics - it was bad enough when these went to maximum volume - I wouldn't want to be in the same situation with Phantom Golds. I don't think I have ever used my Phantoms over 60% volume in my room.

Can I respectfully ask everyone with this issue to submit a request to Devialet about it - the more of us that mention it the quicker the fix hopefully.

There are a few other possibly related issues appearing on devialetchat now but as others have said I don't quite feel the same way about these speakers which is a great shame.

kantblue

I think I fixed the volume issue like this: log in to the speaker´s web site by using the IP-adress of the speaker (check your router) - go to the configuration page and set the maximum volume of the speaker - I reduced it to 50% - it will now never go over this level. Has anyone else tried this?

Regards
Anders

When I try this, the Phantom (Classic) stops playing immediately, the moment I enter the new percentage and press Submit. Same with the second one. After rebooting everything is at 100% again. I’m on DOS 2.9.0.

Regards,
Mark
-----
2x Phantom White, Dialog X04 with Airplay, Mac Mini with Roon Software
(16-Mar-2020, 21:08)AudioMark Wrote:
(16-Mar-2020, 16:38)Anders Wrote:
(01-Mar-2020, 18:59)kantblue Wrote: Hi All

I have submitted a request to Devialet about the 'Maximum Volume' issue. I have also asked them if there are any sound quality/remote control issues if I use the Web Configuration to set the maximum volume, I'm grateful that I 'only' have Phantom Classics - it was bad enough when these went to maximum volume - I wouldn't want to be in the same situation with Phantom Golds. I don't think I have ever used my Phantoms over 60% volume in my room.

Can I respectfully ask everyone with this issue to submit a request to Devialet about it - the more of us that mention it the quicker the fix hopefully.

There are a few other possibly related issues appearing on devialetchat now but as others have said I don't quite feel the same way about these speakers which is a great shame.

kantblue

I think I fixed the volume issue like this: log in to the speaker´s web site by using the IP-adress of the speaker (check your router) - go to the configuration page and set the maximum volume of the speaker - I reduced it to 50% - it will now never go over this level. Has anyone else tried this?

Regards
Anders

When I try this, the Phantom (Classic) stops playing immediately, the moment I enter the new percentage and press Submit. Same with the second one. After rebooting everything is at 100% again. I’m on DOS 2.9.0.

Regards,
Mark
Strange - I can change volume percentage, press submit and I can hear the difference, I do not have to reboot. When I turn off the speakers, which I normally do when I do not use them, and turn then on again, I see the same reduced percentage. In iOS I can no longer be in the situation with too high volume, I can live with this until Devialet implement a more permanent solution. I have two Golds and I use 2.9.0.49152. This is good news form me.
Regards
Anders
Hi All

Its working fine for me - I can turn the speakers off and when I power them back on again the volume limit stays at 50%.

I'm on 2.9.0 as well. Its very strange that other users are seeing different settings, I wonder if its worth looking at the manufacture dates/serial numbers. I have two classics one with Airplay the other without - both keep their settings - both are connected via WIFI only.

kantblue
Had this happen to me today, altho it didn't go to 100%. The only thing that was new was instagram and I had recorded the screen on my iphone during a live broadcast AND changed the volume of the phone with the volume buttons. Later when I went into the Devialet app it set the same volume that had been set on the live broadcast in instagram (thankfully it was just 45%).

So, apple or devialet? Regardless, this is NOT ok!
Can you log it with them as a ticket please? Smile

Will help get it sorted the more we tell them
I will second that - the more of us that log this the better. You were lucky the volume was only at 45%.

I have Sonos kit at well as Devialet and what strikes me is the difference with updates and bug fixes to both the software and firmware with Sonos is pretty regular (not perfect but very frequent). There is no comparison with the software - Sonos wins hands up, but for sound and style it's Devialet for me, but my trust in this brand has been broken.

I understand how difficult it can be with the firmware side of things, and I can understand why its difficult to add new features/fixes to Phantom firmware due to the risks of bricking the devices but what we are talking about here is fixing the Devialet App so it doesn't respond to the hardware volume controls on the phones/tablets.

I'm pretty sure this would be a fairly simple change to make - either disable the hardware volume buttons completely as far as the app is concerned or only enable them if the app is onscreen which is what other applications do all the time. Also when the Devialet app first loads don't reset the volume control for all other apps on the phone, it isn't necessary and is one cause of the 100% volume issue as people then set the hardware controls back to 100% when making calls or using other apps.

kantlblue

ps
I have set the maximum volume to 50% on the web configuration page, but this isn't ideal as it also means you have to 'twiddle' (if that's a word) the circle/remote to much higher values to listen at reasonable levels - which makes me nervous in case the devices lose the configuration data at some point and go back to 100%

pps
For comparison the last update to the Sonos App was 2 weeks ago.
The last update to the Devialet App was 2 months ago.
Hi all - Slightly off topic maybe, but there's another big update from Sonos today - while Devialet have been busy removing easy access to radio stations in DOS2 and NOT fixing the 100% Volume issue, Sonos have now added their own 'Sonos' radio station with access to over 60,000 radio streams to the latest update. This is in addition to the over 100 plus radio services already available on the platform.

According to Sonos nearly half of the listening on their system is through radio stations, hence the new service, I wonder how that compares with Devialet?

I've been trying it this morning and its excellent - installed without issues and easy to browse and access, shows cover art and most importantly the VOLUME CONTROL works properly with the Iphone.

Sonos App > Browse Radio > Play
Devialet App > Check Volume > Mconnect app > Connect to Phantom > Browse to Server > select playlist > select radio station from playlist > [Check Volume (again)] > Play.

Didn't mean this to come across as a 'rant' but honestly I'm tempted to try and get a hybrid Sonos/Devialet system together, the Sonos software just works.

Kantblue.
Fix connection issues > Fix audio issues > Reset your phantoms for the 3rd time in the week then Devialet App > Check Volume > Mconnect app > Connect to Phantom > Browse to Server > select playlist > select radio station from playlist > [Check Volume (again)] > Play. > if you've been this far don't complain
Please excuse my poor reputation
(22-Apr-2020, 10:52)kantblue Wrote: Hi all - Slightly off topic maybe, but there's another big update from Sonos today - while Devialet have been busy removing easy access to radio stations in DOS2 and NOT fixing the 100% Volume issue, Sonos have now added their own 'Sonos' radio station with access to over 60,000 radio streams to the latest update. This is in addition to the over 100 plus radio services already available on the platform.

According to Sonos nearly half of the listening on their system is through radio stations, hence the new service, I wonder how that compares with Devialet?

I've been trying it this morning and its excellent - installed without issues and easy to browse and access, shows cover art and most importantly the VOLUME CONTROL works properly with the Iphone.

Sonos App > Browse Radio > Play
Devialet App > Check Volume > Mconnect app > Connect to Phantom > Browse to Server > select playlist > select radio station from playlist > [Check Volume (again)] > Play.

Didn't mean this to come across as a 'rant' but honestly I'm tempted to try and get a hybrid Sonos/Devialet system together, the Sonos software just works.

Kantblue.
Hi!  I have been using Sonos Connects and BlueSound Node 2is with my setup.  I find both of their software solutions to be superior to Devialets.  You won't have any issues going that route and you'll be able to control the volume with either Sonos or Bluesound.
Good Luck!
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Hi daibaron - do I detect a sense of slight dissatisfaction with your Devialet's ?  Dodgy 
Actually I can reduce the Sonos down even more by saying 'Alexa > Play [radio name] - trust me I feel your pain!

Hi njaiswal - thanks for this information - I'm doing some research as I'm not familiar with Bluesound or the Connect but this is intriguing.

Would you be so kind as to give a little more detail of how your system 'connects' together - at the moment I have both Sonos and Devialet speakers in the same room which is a bit overkill but I usually use Devialet for music and Sonos for TV - my understanding is that Phantoms aren't good for TV due to audio delay problems so I'm guessing that's a non-starter?

Also - does your system have or use Alexa to the phantoms at all?

Cheers
kantblue